All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Luke Newman said:

McCracken I’d definitely take back, Meekinson wouldn’t get much game time, Murray would be a good backup, Brandon Williams is a good player but his career hasn’t gone as well as planned but Docherty could be the right manager for him.

McCracken for sure as he will be a future Scotland goalkeeper. Murray I agree should only be a backup (hopefully to Van Veen) but he would be good in the big games and he sets high standards. 

1 hour ago, D TOTAL said:

I’d imagine Brandon Williams is on a heck of a wage, probably 5x the amount we could get anywhere near , would we even be in the top 5 of his choices?

His career his went off track quite a bit. He has been in court for laughing gas when driving and has not played this year and only 15 times this season. I doubt there will be much or any championship interest in him. Maybe Burnley will contribute to his wages as they may see potential in him.

3 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

His career his went off track quite a bit. He has been in court for laughing gas when driving and has not played this year and only 15 times this season. I doubt there will be much or any championship interest in him. Maybe Burnley will contribute to his wages as they may see potential in him.

That's what I could be doing with, the amount of fuckwits on the roads is unbelievable.

Thank you.

56 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

When you think of folk like ched evans, mason greenwood, joey Barton and Nike ranger all continue and continued to get chances a wee bit of laughing guess compared to the guys above hardly worth mentioning.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

When you think of folk like ched evans, mason greenwood, joey Barton and Nike ranger all continue and continued to get chances a wee bit of laughing guess compared to the guys above hardly worth mentioning.

I wasn't mentioning it as a reason for not signing him I was just saying it as context for his little game time. I think championship teams won't sign him as it's a tight league and he hasn't been consistent and would be a gamble for his high wages. I reckon best for him to get settled in another league with perhaps less media focus on him and for him to maybe start enjoying football and kick on his career.

Edited by peebles_Dee

57 minutes ago, bishoptonbuddie said:

Brandon Williams would be some signing. Less of this please.

Would he?

He seems absolutely riddled with off field issues, from messaging kids to driving bans so severe he's close to jail time.

15 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Only slightly related, but remember wehn we gave a trial to Niall Mason a few years back? 😬

Jon McCracken and Simon Murray will both hopefully be first team selection options at Dens Park for next season, imho. 

Archie Meekison, seriously, comedy and football seldom mix. 

As for a 'fucked up' Brandon Williams, no thank you and get yourself sorted elsewhere young man, sooner have Stephen O'Donnell from Motherwell on freedom of contract this Summer, thank you.

All about footballing opinions.

15 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Only slightly related, but remember wehn we gave a trial to Niall Mason a few years back? 😬

No idea who that is was he a nonce?

Spoiler

Never mind googled it

13 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

Hope we can find away to get rid of him but not that any other team would want him.

67D019C9-75C0-4A91-B402-55160242C6CF.png

He's not nearly as bad as people are making out. 

Give him a full pre-season and a chance FFS. How many games has he started for Dundee?

Main can contribute to a successful squad in this league IMO. Docherty clearly thinks so aswell. A bigger worry is resigning Bakayoko - we need better. 

Thank you. 

3 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

He's not nearly as bad as people are making out. 

Give him a full pre-season and a chance FFS. How many games has he started for Dundee?

Main can contribute to a successful squad in this league IMO. Docherty clearly thinks so aswell. A bigger worry is resigning Bakayoko - we need better. 

Thank you. 

It’s not a good look posting a pictures at the Celtic game with a green love heart and a bottle of champagne emoji. 

1 hour ago, peebles_Dee said:

It’s not a good look posting a pictures at the Celtic game with a green love heart and a bottle of champagne emoji. 

Does Main have any previous connections to Celtic?  Did he grow up supporting Celtic?  Regardless, I must admit I’m not a fan of a player from any club posting their support for any other team in their own league.  If you do have an allegiance to another club keeping a dignified silence would be far more appropriate.   As to his choice of watches I shudder to think what @Bigmouth Strikes Again will  make of it.  

On a more serious note, I too am simply not seeing what Doc does with regards to Main.  I think Main is slow and at his age I don’t think a good pre-season is going to be enough.  Was his goal scoring record with other clubs good for a striker?  

Main is a mystery. He had one good season with Motherwell and then one good season with us. 

His 2 goods seasons were with Robbo in charge. 

I dont think he is the type of player you guys need. 

5 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Does Main have any previous connections to Celtic?  Did he grow up supporting Celtic?  Regardless, I must admit I’m not a fan of a player from any club posting their support for any other team in their own league.  If you do have an allegiance to another club keeping a dignified silence would be far more appropriate.   As to his choice of watches I shudder to think what @Bigmouth Strikes Again will  make of it.  

On a more serious note, I too am simply not seeing what Doc does with regards to Main.  I think Main is slow and at his age I don’t think a good pre-season is going to be enough.  Was his goal scoring record with other clubs good for a striker?  

Indeed, the choice of timepiece and the baseball cap on the wrong way round, are two massive red flags. IMO.

Thank you.

18 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Now on slightly more than £1million a year in Qatar. 

For each of the rumours mentioned I consider if they would be a success by thinking how they would cope in Dundee derbies and our style of play. Murray would meet the demands of high pressure games but I think he should only be backup to another striker. 

Posted (edited)

Wouldn't be against Murray re-signing. Someone with his energy and goals fits right in to a Docherty team. No brainer to get McCracken back in if possible - he came in for a bit of criticism come the last few games of the season but I personally don't really understand it, the defence in front of him were a mess. 

Brandon Williams is out of contract, I couldn't see us affording his wages. I wouldn't really want to take the risk of big wages on someone like him who seems like a bit of a rocket. However if, for instance, Burnley wanted to take the punt on him and loan him out to us to get his head straight then that could work. Docherty isn't afraid of releasing loan players or not giving game time if they aren't up to scratch.

Not really getting the outrage at Curtis Main posting celebrations about Celtic. What does it really matter? Are we suggesting that players lose their professional judgement because they support another team in the league? Pretty much every team throughout the country watch the old firm before their 3pm game because of allegiances that split the dressing room. It makes f**k all difference.

Edited by Pens_Dark