All things Dundee FC

10 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

For each of the rumours mentioned I consider if they would be a success by thinking how they would cope in Dundee derbies and our style of play. Murray would meet the demands of high pressure games but I think he should only be backup to another striker. 

Murray has had a fantastic season and his game has improved dramatically. We have a limited budget so if it's Murray we go for he will not come cheap and should be first choice with Main as back up. Can't say I've been impressed with Main so far, had plenty time to get his fitness level up since joining but looked well off it, can only hope that further rest followed by full pre-season will lead to the player Doc thought he was getting

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, AlanPartridge said:

We can do better than Simon Murray. A no from me.

Whilst I generally agree and don't like to go back to old signings. It's always worth playing devil's advocate - who can we get that is better than 21 goals and 5 assists in 45 appearances this season for a sub-standard Ross County team? 

Edited by Pens_Dark

On 25/05/2024 at 21:22, RandomGuy. said:

Would he?

He seems absolutely riddled with off field issues, from messaging kids to driving bans so severe he's close to jail time.

I agree with you. You just don’t want total wankers like this in your team. These projects rarely work in any case. 

Simon Murray is allegedly one of County's highest earners and under contract for another year.

He'd cost a bomb.

I think he'd be able to fit into our current set up by taking Tiffoney's spot but is he worth spending a huge slice of our budget on? Not for me.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Simon Murray is allegedly one of County's highest earners and under contract for another year.

He'd cost a bomb.

I think he'd be able to fit into our current set up by taking Tiffoney's spot but is he worth spending a huge slice of our budget on? Not for me.

I thought these rumours came about as he was out of contract. If that isn't the case then its a pass for me.

13 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

I thought these rumours came about as he was out of contract. If that isn't the case then its a pass for me.

Yeah, it's a bit of a grey area. Transfermarkt etc have him as out of contract but there's nothing confirming it. The closest I could find was the Ross shire Journal listing County's out of contract players after contacting the club and he wasn't on the list.

Posted (edited)

Simon Murray scored 23 goals this season in a team creating next to no chances.   He’d do a job for about eight or nine teams in the division.  

There’s a reason he’s being linked with a move away, so if it happens I doubt you’d be paying much of a fee. 

edit: I’m also fairly sure he’s got another year to go.  

Edited by Savage Henry

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

edit: I’m also fairly sure he’s got another year to go.  

I was practically certain of this being the case but I can't find any proper confirmation of anything. Only thing I can see is on Transfermarkt which says his contract is up at the end of the month, but I hardly like using Transfermarkt as a reliable place for information.

Did Murray not reject us for Ross County in the first place? Can't remember the details but were we not in for him then?

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Did Murray not reject us for Ross County in the first place? Can't remember the details but were we not in for him then?

Pretty sure Owen Coyle said that county had offered him really good money and he wouldn’t stand in the way of him leaving QP at the time as they couldn’t match it. 

Posted (edited)

With Luke Graham becoming part of the first team could we see Lamie leave? I feel Lamie has been inconsistent and relied on Shaughnessy. Luke Graham seems to be a player with high potential and he could have left a few years ago. At 20 years old he is at an age where he should look to be receiving game time. I hope our centre backs options are Astley, McGhee, Donnelly, Graham and another 2 centre backs, one being tall who can play in a centre of a 3 and another who can play across all centre back positions.

I think  we only need 2 strikers next season. I’d hope for Van Veen and Murray who can push each other on whilst having Reilly and Tiffoney who could play off of them. Docherty mentioned a recruitment meeting with Liverpool and Koumas would be great for us as a forward option. 

It may not be realistic getting rid of Main and Lamie but there’s been talk that Burnley are going to have a massive influence on our playing squad next season and they may recruit the majority of our players.

Edited by peebles_Dee

Just noticed DeeTV has been totally revamped. Not explored it much yet but looks a lot more stylised and professional which is neat, there appears to be much more attention to detail.

2 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

With Luke Graham becoming part of the first team could we see Lamie leave? I feel Lamie has been inconsistent and relied on Shaughnessy. Luke Graham seems to be a player with high potential and he could have left a few years ago. At 20 years old he is at an age where he should look to be receiving game time. I hope our centre backs options are Astley, McGhee, Donnelly, Graham and another 2 centre backs, one being tall who can play in a centre of a 3 and another who can play across all centre back positions.

I think  we only need 2 strikers next season. I’d hope for Van Veen and Murray who can push each other on whilst having Reilly and Tiffoney who could play off of them. Docherty mentioned a recruitment meeting with Liverpool and Koumas would be great for us as a forward option. 

It may not be realistic getting rid of Main and Lamie but there’s been talk that Burnley are going to have a massive influence on our playing squad next season and they may recruit the majority of our players.

I don't think I would touch Van Veen to be honest. Would cost a lot of money in wages and he is 33 next month. Also very inconsistent imo. 

I really wish people would stop quoting that nonsense so I don't have to look at it. Their first introduction to the forum is claiming we're in for Yannick Bolasie FFS :lol: