All things Dundee FC

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

How's the recruitment going?

Phone has been non stop and the fax machine is overheating...(tbf, I left it on the radiator by accident). 

I haven't slept for 24 hours. Working like a Shire horse. 

phone GIF

Thank you

Edited by Girth

Not a fan of the training top, and hopefully the home strip is nothing like it. Too much red, and its just a lazy mash up of early seventies and early nineties. Prefer the original 'old school' badge as well. Just my opinion though!

Thank you.

6 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

* I actually prefer the badge being on the left chest - it’s closer to the heart!

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Not a fan of the training top, and hopefully the home strip is nothing like it. Too much red, and its just a lazy mash up of early seventies and early nineties. Prefer the original 'old school' badge as well. Just my opinion though!

Thank you.

Agree with @Shadow Play, the club crest should always be above your heart and I also see what @Bigmouth Strikes Again is saying with the too much red comment. With the centre band being loud and proud with blue, white and red, the sleeve trims and collars should be purely white, imho.

Good effort though if that's the warm up outfit, however lose the Macron logo from the centre front, it's all about us, not our paid supplier, merely opinions again.

newstrip.jpg.831db699a1b34baac3976bd71976eced.jpg

8 minutes ago, Dee Bliss said:

Love the red in our kits. Socks should always be red as well. 

When my love affair began, mid 1970's that is, at home blue shirt, white shorts and red socks and away from home. white shirt, blue shorts and red socks.

Always been special and beautiful to me, again opinions as always.

26-05-2015-Julian-Speroni-Testimonial-dy-24167.jpg.3085cf723ef97ec1fc4f18b7eca96c6b.jpg   

4 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

When my love affair began, mid 1970's that is, at home blue shirt, white shorts and red socks and away from home. white shirt, blue shorts and red socks.

26-05-2015-Julian-Speroni-Testimonial-dy-24167.jpg.3085cf723ef97ec1fc4f18b7eca96c6b.jpg   

Spot on again! 

1 hour ago, This Charming Man said:

Ruined by the tangerine boots. IMO. FFS Charles.

Thank you.

17 hours ago, LM_0803 said:

Think we'll be keeping the central badge for the new kit 👀

Position of the badge there seems like a nod to sampdoria style tops of the 90s no? 

Yep...but the Sampdoria version had the club badge on the left side of the chest and, I think, the region badge in the middle of the stripes and the manufacturer logo on the right side of the chest.  It worked well and gave the shirt a balanced look.  The Dundee version was unbalanced as it had nothing on the left side of the chest and two logos in the middle.  The latest version works for me as the two logos are in line.

8 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Ruined by the tangerine boots. IMO. FFS Charles.

Thank you.

I prefer to think it's a nod to Blackpool rather than those fuds over the road.

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Anyone playing in tangerine is an enemy. 

Thank you. 

10 hours ago, rainbowrising said:

The badge is lost in there. Could be anything. Poor idea. My era however... 

SmartSelect_20240604_092052_Samsung Internet.jpg

Absolutely brilliant strip that wee should revisit. No red in the top and that badge. 

On 04/06/2024 at 07:43, hk blues said:

I thought Bigmouth was referring to orange boots being a nod to Rangers, but you're definitely right.