All things Dundee FC

Just now, The Master said:

That makes no sense, because there was nothing we could do between the first and second games. 

But again it all comes back to what the club could have done at the start of the season and that is prepare your pitch the best you can for all weather. That wasn't done.

1 minute ago, Glen Scotia said:

But again it all comes back to what the club could have done at the start of the season and that is prepare your pitch the best you can for all weather. That wasn't done.

That’s as may be, but is irrelevant to what you were saying. 

Just now, The Master said:

That’s as may be, but is irrelevant to what you were saying. 

I'll pit it another way.

It happens once, it can happen. When it happens a second time and your neighbours are training on their pitch at the same time, you are taking the piss 

22 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

I’ve no problem with the payment to Saints.  None of us really know what the preparation is that they needed to do but if they did have to do extra then they should be paid for it.

15 grands worth of preparation?

Would like to see the breakdown of this bullshite.

Just now, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

15 grands worth of preparation?

Would like to see the breakdown of this bullshite.

I'd also like to see that. I'm sure as part of the process the figures have to be explained 

4 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

It happens once, it can happen. When it happens a second time and your neighbours are training on their pitch at the same time, you are taking the piss 

You can put it any way you like, it still makes no sense. 

The two incidents were still caused by the same core problem. There was no way of fixing that core problem between the postponements. 

16 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

Is the claim made by the rangers for the second postponement only? 

If they are claiming for the 1st game then I'd agree with you they shouldn't get a penny, however, for it to happen twice personally, I'd be looking for compensation 

Edit - I would also add that again, it is up to each club what they do before a game and how much they spend no matter how far the game is.

If a club wants to have a Michelin star meal beforehand they do it not with the idea that the match will get postponed again and someone else will foot the bill

Rangers turned up so late to one of the matches at Dens in the season just past that it could reasonably have been postponed.  They chose to stay in St Andrews before the game despite the ongoing possibilities of delays on the Tay Road Bridge.  Their fans then held the match up a further 10-20 minutes due to their use of flares.

I was unable to see any press release from Ibrox suggesting what financial compensation Rangers are proposing to give Dundee regarding that match.  Clubs being financially punished where appropriate appears to be an issue you are keen to discuss.  What level of financial compensation do you reckon Dundee should receive from Rangers to cover the significant inconvenience they and their fans caused?  Personally, I think Dundee and Rangers should just call it quits and get on with it.

On a side note, any word of how many Rangers fans have been charged regarding the use of flares at that match?

2 minutes ago, The Master said:

You can put it any way you like, it still makes no sense. 

The two incidents were still caused by the same core problem. There was no way of fixing that core problem between the postponements. 

So would you be OK with the rangers making claims for both postponements? And everytime a game is called off the home team foots the bill for the away teams preparation? 

I get what you are saying that Dundee couldn't have done anything in between both games but you can't just get away with 2 games being postponed in such a short spell and not expect a consequence especially when it comes down to negligence 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Glen Scotia said:

I'm struggling (this isn't a United fan having a go at Dundee) to see the argument of some Dundee fans blaming other clubs for their fines. 

The reason Dundee are receiving these fines has nothing to do with where The Rangers stay before games or how they choose to prepare for games and it isn't St.Johnstone's fault for having their stadium ready incase it was needed by Dundee. It is 100% down to decisions made by the people who run Dundee. 

They choose to not invest in the playing surface and it backfired. If they had done, there wouldn't be a discussion regarding fines 

Spot on. I suppose folk might argue the fine is maybe worth it for prestige of finishing top-6. Seems like quite a lot of money though if the figures are correct, but this kind of behaviour of skimping on the pitch as a mechanism to create a competitive advantage obviously needs to be deterred especially with artificial pitches being banned in 2026 or whatever it is.

The only people saying it's unfair are Dundee fans which tells its own story.

Edited by 2426255

6 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

So would you be OK with the rangers making claims for both postponements? And everytime a game is called off the home team foots the bill for the away teams preparation? 

I get what you are saying that Dundee couldn't have done anything in between both games but you can't just get away with 2 games being postponed in such a short spell and not expect a consequence especially when it comes down to negligence 

But the game was played? 

Just waiting on the SFA to somehow object to our EGM and debt clearance at this point.

Try not not be someone who asks for signings at certain points, but some kind of good news on that front feels very much needed today.

I'd be very disappointed if we just sat and accepted that Rangers ruling.

That's a disgrace.

I hope we can recoup some of the expenses from when they delayed the game by failing to turn up on time then delayed our match further by almost setting the stand on fire.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd be very disappointed if we just sat and accepted that Rangers ruling.

That's a disgrace.

I hope we can recoup some of the expenses from when they delayed the game by failing to turn up on time then delayed our match further by almost setting the stand on fire.

Rangers being delayed for ko and their fans using flares hasn't put Dundee out of pocket though has it? 

If they were to be fined for both/either it wouldn't be Dundee getting the money 

27 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

Rangers being delayed for ko and their fans using flares hasn't put Dundee out of pocket though has it? 

If they were to be fined for both/either it wouldn't be Dundee getting the money 

I'm not replying further to your shite contrarian patter.

Anyone with a brain can see this one is completely ridiculous.

Thank you.

37 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm not replying further to your shite contrarian patter.

Anyone with a brain can see this one is completely ridiculous.

Thank you.

Ill pop you in the dark blue tinted glasses category