All things Dundee FC

We are apparently looking at a player from one of the Scandinavian leagues or is from a Scandinavian county. It’s a decent market with good young players. 

Lamie wasn’t training in preseason and has been training with Airdrie. He also isn’t posted on our official squad list on the website. For example Halliday was on loan at Motherwell and signed pre contract and it’s noticeable that he is apart of next seasons squad. Clark Robertson is better and is left sided also. Mr Sensible who is reliable also mentioned that it’s a doubt if he will be at Dundee next season.

1 hour ago, peebles_Dee said:

We are apparently looking at a player from one of the Scandinavian leagues or is from a Scandinavian county. It’s a decent market with good young players. 

Lamie wasn’t training in preseason and has been training with Airdrie. He also isn’t posted on our official squad list on the website. For example Halliday was on loan at Motherwell and signed pre contract and it’s noticeable that he is apart of next seasons squad. Clark Robertson is better and is left sided also. Mr Sensible who is reliable also mentioned that it’s a doubt if he will be at Dundee next season.

If only it was Roony Bardghji. 

Getting McCowan an extension vital towards zero low offers.

If we get a few other quality players on loan and give him an improved contract then I could see him staying. We must push for European football this season and for success in the cups. There isn’t a large gap between us and Hearts and Doc knows where we need to improve. 

1 hour ago, peebles_Dee said:

If we get a few other quality players on loan and give him an improved contract then I could see him staying. We must push for European football this season and for success in the cups. There isn’t a large gap between us and Hearts and Doc knows where we need to improve. 

There is absolutely a large gap to Hearts or am I going nuts? 

35 minutes ago, Liam899 said:

There is absolutely a large gap to Hearts or am I going nuts? 

Take away Shankland and it’s not a large gap. Even with Shankland if we had another 4 signings last season of the quality of other standouts in the team we would be just as good as them. I reckon Docherty will improve us even more next season.

2 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

I admire your optimism.  I’m perhaps more negatively minded by nature but I think avoiding a relegation battle would still be a good outcome for us this season.

I rate Doc very highly but I wouldn’t be totally surprised if he finds it difficult to find the same quality of players he did last season.  This is only Doc’s second season as a manager so he’s still very much learning on the job.  

What I’m more confident about is if we can keep Doc long term we are heading into a great period in our club’s history.  

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

I admire your optimism.  I’m perhaps more negatively minded by nature but I think avoiding a relegation battle would still be a good outcome for us this season.

I rate Doc very highly but I wouldn’t be totally surprised if he finds it difficult to find the same quality of players he did last season.  This is only Doc’s second season as a manager so he’s still very much learning on the job.  

What I’m more confident about is if we can keep Doc long term we are heading into a great period in our club’s history.  

He's made a pretty good start though!

4 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

He's made a pretty good start though!

Absolutely.  I don’t think Doc could have realistically done much better with his choice of signings this season.  It’s definitely a high bar he’s set himself. 

18 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I think you’re 100% spot on. We finished way closer to bottom than we did to Hearts last season. I’m pretty optimistic but staying up is still the number 1 priority. 

2 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

Take away Shankland and it’s not a large gap. Even with Shankland if we had another 4 signings last season of the quality of other standouts in the team we would be just as good as them. I reckon Docherty will improve us even more next season.

I disagree. I get what you’re saying about shanklands goals, but they still have a comfortably better side and far stronger squad. We can obviously beat them as we did last season. But we’re not close to Hearts. I still think we’ll have a good season though. 

11 hours ago, Liam899 said:

I disagree. I get what you’re saying about shanklands goals, but they still have a comfortably better side and far stronger squad. We can obviously beat them as we did last season. But we’re not close to Hearts. I still think we’ll have a good season though. 

I was meaning that if a few signings or outgoings happen the gap can easily close and not with our current squads.

Killie for example only need another few signings to be contenders for 3rd. The Championship is also going to be the closest it’s ever been as I reckon a team like Airdrie only need another few signings to be in a chance to win the league.

Steven Naismith is a quality manager who is only going to get better imo. Be hard for us to close the gap on Hearts even with a couple of decent signings. Can see us having the same type of season as last season. Safe from relegation and in that group of 4/5 teams who are looking to break into the top 6 whilst looking over our shoulder trying to avoid being in that playoff spot. 

Another Championship loan 

A league two striker

Scandinavian player 

Fraser Taylor (which I don’t think is true or might be someone else)

These are players we are apparently  showing interested in but aren’t as definite as the signings of Friday.

The amount of points we dropped from winning positions last season was ridiculous (about 24 points was it?) If our defence and game management improves in those situations this season then truly anything can happen - easier said than done though. Naturally as a Dundee supporter I am always prepared for the wheels to come off at any moment. Always buckled in for the rollercoaster though! DDYB

If Ashcroft had a bit more mobility, he'd have been our best CH. An absolute warrior, a monster in the air, but unfortunately just lacked movement skills. Someone running at him and he was gubbed which just isn't good enough for the top flight.

Passionate old school CH, wish him all the best.

17 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

Another Championship loan 

A league two striker

Scandinavian player 

Fraser Taylor (which I don’t think is true or might be someone else)

These are players we are apparently  showing interested in but aren’t as definite as the signings of Friday.

The Scandinavian player is Tomas Galvez despite I’m not sure if Finland is considered part of Scandinavia. I posted a clue a few days  ago but nobody got it.