All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, D TOTAL said:

Was looking to go to Poland this month for the friendly better part of 2500 I was quoted for 2/3 days

Your looking in the wrong place surely?

I really hope we give Lochhead and Graham a chance in preseason. Graham is being looked at by much bigger teams and his value will go up if he gets a run of games. He can play in the centre of a 3 in my opinion as in that game against Arbroath you could tell how good he is in the air.

Lochhead will play PL one day he is quality. In the warmup you could just see the confidence in him and he seemed relaxed on the pitch. He’s 16 and is a giant but is very technical. If you watch the recent pre season training post you could tell how calm he is on the ball and has unreal technique compared to other in the team. He definitely has the ability to play as a fullback and in midfield. He reminds me of Van Dijk not just because of the same boots but he will make us a lot of money. Give him a chance and don’t loan him out.

I’ve not been a massive fan of our academy as they have been playing in the lower pro youth leagues but if we get one or two players who will eventually be first team quality then I will be happy.

I actually hope we don’t sign Warner on loan despite how good he is as all our centre backs are very good now and one would be left unhappy. We maybe only need an experienced centre back.

12 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Think McCracken has slipped over the border to play no 11 for Austria. 

If that's not a double-entendre for 'coming out of the closet' then it should be.  

Clark Robertson has a problem with his hamstring. He hasn’t gone to Poland and he isn’t guaranteed to be available at the start of the season. There isn’t yet a time scale on the injury.

We may need that extra centre back.

21 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

Was looking to go to Poland this month for the friendly better part of 2500 I was quoted for 2/3 days

Where abouts mate? We're flying out early Friday morning, flights were £80 and our hotel was £45 each for the weekend

8 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

Clark Robertson has a problem with his hamstring. He hasn’t gone to Poland and he isn’t guaranteed to be available at the start of the season. There isn’t yet a time scale on the injury.

We really have a knack for signing the injury-prone. 

2 hours ago, eindhovendee said:

Match later is one YouTube. 

Banik have either got a lot of players or they are very fit. 

Screenshot_20240703_141650_Chrome.thumb.jpg.19608cc75a997fd5e150983ab7875408.jpg

6 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

Banik have either got a lot of players or they are very fit. 

Screenshot_20240703_141650_Chrome.thumb.jpg.19608cc75a997fd5e150983ab7875408.jpg

Fitness, I suppose. This is what their coach had to say about the double-header.

“We have something a little different waiting for us again, an interesting confrontation. But it’s still preparation. We have two 90-minute matches, so the players will get a larger portion of minutes, which is also the intention of the double-match,” said coach Pavel Hapal.

35 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

Gutted, but equally unsurprised. We'll have to get someone else in in the meantime, but I do have confidence in Luke Graham playing in that LCB role. Looked a stud whenever I've seen him play, and fully expect him to start there today alongside Portales and Astley. Problem longer term would be the inexperienced backline it'd cause.

Is Graham left footed? I'm not as concerned about that position if he is, it's the leadership role in the centre of our back 3 that's more of a priority.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Is Graham left footed? I'm not as concerned about that position if he is, it's the leadership role in the centre of our back 3 that's more of a priority.

He is left-footed, was in that position for the 2nd half at Gayfield as well.

2 hours ago, Lalo said:

Where abouts mate? We're flying out early Friday morning, flights were £80 and our hotel was £45 each for the weekend

Did the whole booking .com and cheap flights thing, that’s what came back?