All things Dundee FC

37 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

I am torn on going in on Doc and the players for another abject failure at holding on to a lead or going in on the ref for what can only really be described as a result altering intervention. 

At the end of the day - if Dundee FC are trying to hang on to a lead at home, it’s likely the most important player on the park for us would be Mo Sylla - and for that reason the absolute cheating thundercunt of a referee is getting the blame with just an honorable mention for Doc and the boys. 

From memory there was 3 (4?) decisions VAR have acknowledged went against us in the past 1 and a bit seasons - now compounded by todays absolute disgrace. 

Is it a west coast conspiracy? No - it’s a complete lack of talent in the refereeing pool - which needs acknowledged and addressed urgently.

We have actually been pretty decent this season so far - so I’m not in panic mode yet - but we need to tighten up at the back and fast. 

As a Dens regular for many seasons I particularly found resonance with "it’s a complete lack of talent in the refereeing pool - which needs acknowledged and addressed urgently." This season in particular there seems to be officials in charge who have no real control of the game and no real understanding of how a physical sport like football is played. Long before today's major blunder with the second yellow a fan behind me commented that he looked like a guy that had been plucked from the accounts department and asked to stand in for the referee today. 

Whilst there will always be complaints re refs there does seem to be a genuine decline in the standard of officials that needs addressed promptly or let video intervention increase to counteract these potentially game changing howlers. 

We played well, yet still lost and conceded 3 goals.

Said it before and I’ll say it again, if we keep conceding an average of two goals per game……its leading to extreme danger.

We miss big Baka

23 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Best keeper in the league a few weeks ago, Ludo 😂

Don't think I've ever said that. Did think he was quickly proving to be the second best Scottish keeper (if we considered Gordon as done) but aye, he's fairly showing he's just another standard average Scottish keeper which is unfortunate for Scotland just as much as it is for my club.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Don't think I've ever said that. Did think he was quickly proving to be the second best Scottish keeper (if we considered Gordon as done) but aye, he's fairly showing he's just another standard average Scottish keeper which is unfortunate for Scotland just as much as it is for my club.

McCracken showed at the end of last season there’s a frailty in his game. When you’ve got a guy like Carson on the bench it should be a no brainer to swap him out but I’d guess the Doc will feel it would be calamitous for his confidence to jettison him. I’d bet he starts the next game, when he should defo be benched. The defence is definitely looking more solid with Robertson in the middle. 

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

My remark my have been flippant in nature.

12 hours ago, Der Panzer said:

I retired from Ammies last year as I’m fed up with any semi competent ref who can keep up with the game having a few good matches and jumping to juniors and then seniors rapid and without necessary experience - leaving ammies with the old guard who can’t or won’t leave the centre circle. 

Yes, definitely some poor refereeing at that level but I’ve got to say the two lines often don’t help in the slightest. 

All joking aside have you considered becoming a ref?  Pick up a couple of games at the weekend and a couple of mid week games for a wee bit extra cash. 

15 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Anyway, that's the football done for me today. Just seen the highlights on Sportscene and if anyone was in any doubt over the Sylla booking it's a nailed on minter for the referee who has done us over twice already this season.

Just stuck the album Physical Graffiti on by Led Zeppelin, a hidden gem including the likes of Boogie with Stu. Might also pour myself a beer soon. 

We move onto Motherwell, Zach Robinson upfront what can go wrong.

Thank you.

Finally managed to force myself to watch it. Despite McCracken chucking one in, weakness from Ingram and Portales going walk about (again) the ref stole the points from us. What’s the point of VAR if it can’t look at, and correct, the biggest decision in the match? 

You must have some central defence if you can afford to loan out Luke Graham. He has been superb in both games even though he is playing RCB. He is going to make you a right few quid in time. 

1 minute ago, BPM said:

You must have some central defence if you can afford to loan out Luke Graham. He has been superb in both games even though he is playing RCB. He is going to make you a right few quid in time. 

Did you see the highlights from yesterday?

Schoolboy stuff. Horrific. Dreadful red card decision, granted.

6 minutes ago, BPM said:

Delighted he is doing well.  Definitely the correct decision to loan him out though.  I don’t think he is ready to play in the Championship just yet.  I also don’t think his confidence would be helped if he did play for us just now.  Far better he gains experience elsewhere and be ready for next season. 

Haven’t watched it back and forgetting the refs incompetence which we could do nothing about, up until our keeper flogged one killie were bang average, over hit passes and poor crosses were making our defence on the whole look pretty good. Still can’t understand Doc putting on 19&20yr old forwards when down to 10 men instead of strengthening the midfield but once again a mistake from the keeper with only minutes remaining sends us into panic mode! This inability to hold a lead has carried on from last season and despite the team looking decent at times the mentality aspect and the cold hard stats can’t be ignored, they make for grim reading and we haven’t played any of the old firm yet! Once we’ve played everyone I can see the pressure ramp up on Doc and hopefully he and the players can rise to it 

2 hours ago, BPM said:

He looked like Nesta at the back pre season but was thrown in for the opening game of the season at Tannadice and looked like a lost little boy. 

Clearly has talent, but a loan move is the best right now. A season flourishing at Falkirk whilst challenging for the league is just what he needs before hopefully moving into our starting line up next season. 

Thank you. 

2 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Delighted he is doing well.  Definitely the correct decision to loan him out though.  I don’t think he is ready to play in the Championship just yet.  I also don’t think his confidence would be helped if he did play for us just now.  Far better he gains experience elsewhere and be ready for next season. 

Ehh, we're in the Championship.

I think the players that Docherty will for certain give a place in the team each week are the full back line (not Ingram), Sylla, Lyall, Tiffoney and Murray. Portales, Lyall and Murray I think have been poor recently but they won't spend any time on the bench. 

Fraser I reckon will work his way into the team. Ingram I reckon will improve but he's. low in confidence and frustrated with his own performances. Palmer-Houlden and Adewumi I think will be used in different types of games. Curtis Main has shown just as much as Murray but hasn't had the gametime.

I think Lyall will be away in January but it will be to a team not much better than us. I would be frustrated if I was Mulligan not getting a chance ahead of him. Braybrooke and Robertson would also do well instead of Lyall. My team would look a lot different for Motherwell to Docherty's but I would start Mulligan, Robertson, Braybrooke and Fraser.