All things Dundee FC

16 minutes ago, Fifedee said:

Should we looking at bringing in an experienced free agent centre half to try and solve our defensive issues? 

Fingers crossed Carson's experience can work wonders with the guys in front of him - and that he doesn't flog a goal a game!

37 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Heard Reillys injured again. (hamstring)

They might as well just cancel that loan. He's going to be out for a while anyway, and if, as looks likely, ICT go into Admin, he'll end up playing with a bunch of teenagers and local amateurs even if he does get on the pitch. I don't see how that's going to benefit him any. I get that the loan was entirely about fitness, but I still don't understand why they couldn't have just sent him to a stable Championship club with a caveat that he plays if fit. There were supposedly three different Championship clubs interested, and I doubt all three just wanted him as a bench warmer.

My team for Motherwell

McCracken

McGhee      Robertson     Koumeito

Ingram  Braybrooke  Fraser Larkeche 

Mulligan     Murray    Tiffoney

Watching Mulligan for the u21s makes me think he is best as an attacker. It is quite a common formation in football now. Mulligan and Tiffoney would both help the midfield. Cameron has been poor and would be even worse without Sylla. I think Docherty will give McCracken and Ingram another chance. Portales can’t defend so I reckon Docherty will want to tighten the defence up by having McGhee at the back.

9 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Good interview with Mglynn from 4:10 onwards about Luke Graham, echoes fans thoughts. Been here a week but may as well have been here a year 

He reminds so much of a young lee Wilkie who benefited hugely along with lee Mair by loans at the Bairns , please look after him and can we get him back in January once you’ve more or less secured promotion pretty please 

Leave him at Falkirk for the season IMO. Battling for the league can only benefit him in the long run. Short term thinking to bring him back before the summer. Plenty years ahead for him at Dens hopefully and the Derby definitely showed he wasn't the full package yet. 

We went years having nobody coming through the youth ranks. This year alone we've received a fee for Max Anderson and Seb Lochhead whilst having Cameron and Mulligan playing for the Scotland u21s last night and Graham standing out at the Championship leaders. 

Credit to the club, there's been a clear improvement over the last few years on that end which was a stated aim. 

PS f**k International weekend. 

Thank you. 

5 minutes ago, Luke Newman said:

Michael Hunter has gone on loan to Brechin. He must be a decent player if he is going to Brechin at a young age.

It's a bit of a baptism of fire going straight into the squad for a top of the table clash with Brora today!

Edited by greendot

9 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Leave him at Falkirk for the season IMO. Battling for the league can only benefit him in the long run. Short term thinking to bring him back before the summer. Plenty years ahead for him at Dens hopefully and the Derby definitely showed he wasn't the full package yet. 

We went years having nobody coming through the youth ranks. This year alone we've received a fee for Max Anderson and Seb Lochhead whilst having Cameron and Mulligan playing for the Scotland u21s last night and Graham standing out at the Championship leaders. 

Credit to the club, there's been a clear improvement over the last few years on that end which was a stated aim. 

PS f**k International weekend. 

Thank you. 

He’ll be back at Dens for a season, 2 max. I didn’t think he was quite as bad in the derby as you do, plus he was playing out of his preferred position. I’d rather he was playing for us now, making the mistakes Billy is making, and learning like he is too.  It’s not good for our youngsters seeing us sign, in some case inferior young players from other clubs, and play them ahead of our home grown talent. 

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

He’ll be back at Dens for a season, 2 max. I didn’t think he was quite as bad in the derby as you do, plus he was playing out of his preferred position. I’d rather he was playing for us now, making the mistakes Billy is making, and learning like he is too.  It’s not good for our youngsters seeing us sign, in some case inferior young players from other clubs, and play them ahead of our home grown talent. 

He has been playing at RCB and I would rather have Graham than Portales.

I can just about handle the referee making a mistake and us losing out last Saturday because of it. I honestly prefer that to VAR these days because even with VAR, we've been incorrectly punished in this game but the rules of the game say VAR can't do anything. And we're punished again for our next game by having our most important player be suspended because no-one can do anything because 'the rules say so' despite the fact that Collum has been in touch with the manager apologising for the second time about the same referee in the space of a month.

The fact we've got the technology to hand but can't use it in a game changing situation that also punishes us for the game after because 'thems the rules' is an absolute joke. Should be a loop hole that's instantly amended as soon as someone was screwed over/it was noticed.

Farcical.