All things Dundee FC

Ho! Don't you just pretend you never posted that, get the PM's dished oot! ;)

Anyone that's interested can PM me. I can't be arsed looking out everyone's name and sending one. But like I said, it's just a rumour I heard on the supporters bus Saturday. The boy said he was close to a former player this season.

Never knew Falkirk fans were such an angry bunch.

Good to see it. The old Brockville was a bearpit. The Bairns' fans were in a constant seeth. The fence was just a few feet from the touchline. All modern grounds are soulless to varying degrees, but the contrast between the surgically pristine Falkirk Stadium and the primeval swamp of Brockville is painful. Falkirk lost much of their soul abandoning the old ground. It's good to see their fans reclaiming their wrathful heritage.

Talk of primeval swamps reminds me of the away fans' lavvies at Brockville. Man, you needed a strong stomach to venture in there.

As for Loy, good signing, for what my opinion is worth.

Good to see it. The old Brockville was a bearpit. The Bairns' fans were in a constant seeth. The fence was just a few feet from the touchline. All modern grounds are soulless to varying degrees, but the contrast between the surgically pristine Falkirk Stadium and the primeval swamp of Brockville is painful. Falkirk lost much of their soul abandoning the old ground. It's good to see their fans reclaiming their wrathful heritage.

Talk of primeval swamps reminds me of the away fans' lavvies at Brockville. Man, you needed a strong stomach to venture in there.

As for Loy, good signing, for what my opinion is worth.

Loy scored a real poachers goal against us in the 2-0 loss at TFS last season. I'm pretty sure it was that useless chunt Roberts that put the ball in for him as well.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hartley go after more Falkirk players in the future. Did he not say he expected Falkirk to win the league last year whilst he was still in charge with Alloa or that they were the most impressive team in the division or some such?

Loy scored a real poachers goal against us in the 2-0 loss at TFS last season. I'm pretty sure it was that useless chunt Roberts that put the ball in for him as well.

Yes, you're right. Roberts set up a goal in the first game too. I've just been re-reading my reports of the two games there last season. Grim stuff. I thought I was going to get sacked after the first game. I wrote the report on the bus home, with the rest of the bus trying to dictate abuse to me. We were awful, and no better in the second game in January.

Edited by rambling syd rumpo

Theres one or two in our squad that i would happily drive to Dens Park! There are a few players like Reilly,Mcshane and Durnan at QoS that could make the step up imo,

What do you think of Luke Leahy? I know there wasn't much made of him at the start of the season but he seems to be a regular now and is probably the only young player we could sign from you due to the lack of a development fee needed and his contract expiring.

rambling syd rumpo, on 23 Feb 2015 - 19:31, said:

Yes, you're right. Roberts set up a goal in the first game too. I've just been re-reading my reports of the two games there last season. Grim stuff. I thought I was going to get sacked after the first game. I wrote the report on the bus home, with the rest of the bus trying to dictate abuse to me. We were awful, and no better in the second game in January.

Out of interest Rumps, have any of our managers ever made a comment about your match reports be it positively or negatively? I've yet to find another club that produces reports as refreshingly honest as yours are and I can't imagine that would sit well 100% of the time!

Out of interest Rumps, have any of our managers ever made a comment about your match reports be it positively or negatively? I've yet to find another club that produces reports as refreshingly honest as yours are and I can't imagine that would sit well 100% of the time!

No, I've never had any feedback from the managers or players, which suits me fine. There's been the odd nice comment that's come in from fans and been passed on by the office. After that first game at Falkirk last season it was mentioned that the board had discussed my report, but I wasn't asked to change the content. I think it's to the credit of the club that they give me so much freedom. I don't understand why other clubs don't try to tell it like it is. It's not as if the fans are fooled if it's been a honking performance.

This is the account I wrote in the close season about writing the reports for the promotion campaign. I really was crapping it the day after the Falkirk match!

No, I've never had any feedback from the managers or players, which suits me fine. There's been the odd nice comment that's come in from fans and been passed on by the office. After that first game at Falkirk last season it was mentioned that the board had discussed my report, but I wasn't asked to change the content. I think it's to the credit of the club that they give me so much freedom. I don't understand why other clubs don't try to tell it like it is. It's not as if the fans are fooled if it's been a honking performance.

This is the account I wrote in the close season about writing the reports for the promotion campaign. I really was crapping it the day after the Falkirk match!

Brilliant read rumps. Reading the section of the Dumbarton match has brought back the "what if Letheren couldn't reach the header" nerves i suffered for weeks after!

Leahy has his critics but to be fair to him he is getting better given he was basically thrust into the left back role, if i have a critisism of him he gets caught out of position sometimes and opposing teams seem to identify him as the weak link in our defence, but tbf he is still learning. He signed a new 2 year deal at the start of the season when he had hardly any game time the season before and was usually a sub.

Chuffed wi Loy signing a PCA! I'm pleased we are going for boys like him long term. Hopefully that'll mean that Clarky and Hufflepuff can be punted at the end of the season.

I really like the look of Gavin Reilly at QoS but have no idea what his contract situation is. Obvs we are in no position to be paying a fee but hopefully we can unearth a gem or two to bolster the squad for next year!