All things Dundee FC

Quote from League 1 forum - Airdrie are being forced to change their badge apparently and the Dundee clubs get a mention:

The big deal is its going to cost us thousands of pounds.

The new shield badge will have to be registered with the Lord Lyon heraldry society.

ALL merchandise baring the club crest will be illegal to sell after the 1st of September. Everything in the Trust shop that hasn't been sold will have to be binned.

Plus all branding throughout the stadium will have to be removed.

The Lord Lyon has said that a number of clubs will be getting the same treatment. From memory the clubs mentioned as being next up were Rangers, Hearts, Raith Rovers, Ayr United, Dunfermline & either Dundee or Dundee United. Although that's just the first batch of clubs, the majority of clubs fall foul of the law in one way or the other.

Absolutely ridiculously trivial rule being enforced by some jumped up pen pushing arsehole!!!

Anyone shed any light on this?

It's the use of heraldic emblems that's restricted. So if true, I suspect it's United who'll have a problem because they have a Lion Rampant.

I doubt a simple "DFC" is considered in any way heraldic, although the use of a shield might be, er, "controversial".

It's the use of heraldic emblems that's restricted. So if true, I suspect it's United who'll have a problem because they have a Lion Rampant.

I doubt a simple "DFC" is considered in any way heraldic, although the use of a shield might be, er, "controversial".

From what I can gather the afc and AUFC on the badges are causing problems for Ayr and airdrie. Seems mental to me.

Summary of PH on Sportsound:

Saying he wants to build us into a regular top 4 side and wants us to become a team that wins silverware.

Taking time with Wighton, doesn't want to drop him in for 5-10 games then have people say, 'Maybe he's not as good as we thought' as that can have an effect on him so he wants to protect him. 'Put him in at the right time, and take him out at the right time'.

Two league Derby games have disappointed him, they're the big ones the supporters want to win. Says as a group of players and staff we've let ourselves down against them.

In Scott Bain he says we have the best young keeper in the country and will go on to star for Scotland.

Last day of the season will always live with him, but felt he had to make a mad dash for it as he felt 'something big was coming'. :lol:

He also mentioned the Cardiff thing saying that he had no desire of leaving and wanted to show a bit of loyalty to the club because this club deserves a bit of loyalty after the past 10-15 years we've had. He believes he's the man to lead us to a bit of success which the fans deserve so doesn't want to desert us before he's built the foundations for us to be a successful team for years to come.

Didn't make it mate. Wasn't impressed with the last album. TBH.

I've not been too impressed with much of his new stuff for quite a while, missus Root was the driving force for us going. He did play Suedehead though and a couple of The Smith tracks which went down very well.

Heard this morning that we've made enquiries about Andy Webster, with a view of securing him on a pre-contract. His current deal with Coventry runs out in the summer.

Played with Hartley at Hearts, but would have reckoned Tynecastle would be a more likely destination were he to move back up to Scotland.

My only real memory of him was elbowing one of our players (cannae mind who) while challenging for a high ball, then clutching his face and before getting up and being shown a second yellow, being sent off about 30 mins into the game.

Was the game we needed to win to prolong our stay last time up, when Conroy's free kick from 40 yards was deflected in. In fact;