All things Dundee FC

He also mentioned the Cardiff thing saying that he had no desire of leaving and wanted to show a bit of loyalty to the club because this club deserves a bit of loyalty after the past 10-15 years we've had. He believes he's the man to lead us to a bit of success which the fans deserve so doesn't want to desert us before he's built the foundations for us to be a successful team for years to come.

I'm nearly greeting after reading that

PH :thumsup2

My only real memory of him was elbowing one of our players (cannae mind who) while challenging for a high ball, then clutching his face and before getting up and being shown a second yellow, being sent off about 30 mins into the game.

Was the game we needed to win to prolong our stay last time up, when Conroy's free kick from 40 yards was deflected in. In fact;

Remember that game, 2 fouls on Carl Finnigan got him sent off.

When you look at the team we put out against hearts only two years ago we really have had a massive turnover of players in the past two seasons.

Probably will happen again in the summer.

It'll be nice to have a fairly settled squad (I hope) after the next transfer window!

Edited by rodallegabombs

Wouldn't be convinced by Webster to be honest. I realise he was good across the road a few years ago but don't think he has particularly impressed at Coventry in recent times.

That said, he has injury history so fits the Dundee criteria.

Simonsen

Toshney, Gallagher, Lockwood, Benedictus, Easton

J mac, Davidson, Mcbride

Finnigan, Baird

That looks like the starting line up from what I seen from the highlights. Fucking hell, no wonder that was a grim season.

Our team now is unbelievably better than back then. Baird, Conroy, Benedictus to name a few who were nowhere near SPL standard. Would love to have Brian Easton back though

Easton is easily the most consistent player I've seen since we had Goran Stanic, ironically another left back. He's just so reliable that you know if you're being attacked down the right, he'll almost certainly stop it eventually.

Always thought Stanic was a great player

That he was. Seriously underrated by almost everyone including saints fans. The he went and we spent 4/5/6 years trying to find a replacement. Now he's regarded as a great player. I'd rather have Easton though, just for the sheer size of the guy, he's so difficult to stop as he powers down the line.

I always liked Easton, but Phil Roberts absolutely destroyed him at McDiarmid earlier this season, so for that reason I'm out. Phil Roberts.

Amazingly, the only player that has ever done that whilst he's been in a saints shirt. I bet he's dead embarrassed about that. :lol:

I always liked Easton, but Phil Roberts absolutely destroyed him at McDiarmid earlier this season, so for that reason I'm out. Phil Roberts.

Tbf Roberts seems the type whos got the ability to destroy most defenders when he feels like earning his wage.

Tbf Roberts seems the type whos got the ability to destroy most defenders when he feels like earning his wage.

Roberts is frustrating. There is definitely a player there. We've seen it against Celtic and St Johnstone.

I think he was/is worth the gamble. He could be a very good player, but he's mentally not there. After almost a year at Dens, I'm not sure he ever will be.