All things Dundee FC

I get that today's result is disappointing, especially as it was a pivotal game (and at home) and your lads didn't turn up, but looking back you've got to be well chuffed at 6th (presuming we don't utterly shit the bed). After all, if you were offered that at the start of the season you'd have taken that without a second thought.

49 minutes ago, Luke Newman said:

Bit embarrassing being arsed to comment

He has a point though, Dundee one of the top clubs in the country but the support just isn't there like it once was. It'll be just as bad when the new stadium is built with it being on the outskirts of town.

1 hour ago, LM_0803 said:

Mulligan and Fin too. Drop one of the centre backs (Lamie or Donnelly, take your pick) from today and drop Cameron. How LC got MOTM is beyond me. I wouldn't have chosen anyone* if I was a sponsor for today's game. Tiffoney was okay, he tried his best up top on his own in the first half. 

*in dark blue. Gogic was my clear standout. Best player on the pitch 

Donnelly. I thought Lamie was ok. 

Mellon does seem to get into the right places. 👍 We were at the Livi game when he came on and made a good start.🙂

Agree Cameron was nothing to write home about in this match, seemed a weird choice for MOTM.  He seemed to spend a lot of time in the middle with his hands in the air like "wtf I'm over here", during the first half. Had a bit of a crabbit exchange with Doc at one point before half time. 

Gogic in comparison did stand out! 

Overall a disappointing blur of strange backwards passes and apparently trying to keep the ball in the air as much as possible? 

21 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

He has a point though, Dundee one of the top clubs in the country but the support just isn't there like it once was. It'll be just as bad when the new stadium is built with it being on the outskirts of town.

Terrified of inevitably being left in our slipstream when Campy Nou opens and all Dundonians realise who the real team is

The formation hampered us and Boateng did not deserve to be dropped IMO. Dodgson had so much of the ball in the first half and there was absolutely nothing for him on but to turn around and give it to Donnelly.

Bakayoko had one of his off days (happens alot against the better sides) and Lamie was utter shite.

We'll need to start competing with the top sides in this division which I'm sure Docherty will address in the summer. Even three of the right additions can make a huge difference.

St Mirren looked better than us today and I have no complaints. We're not top six level yet as I've said for months. The fact we made it and will take the extra revenue is an absolute bonus.

Thank you.

13 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

The formation hampered us and Boateng did not deserve to be dropped IMO. Dodgson had so much of the ball in the first half and there was absolutely nothing for him on but to turn around and give it to Donnelly.

Bakayoko had one of his off days (happens alot against the better sides) and Lamie was utter shite.

We'll need to start competing with the top sides in this division which I'm sure Docherty will address in the summer. Even three of the right additions can make a huge difference.

St Mirren looked better than us today and I have no complaints. We're not top six level yet as I've said for months. The fact we made it and will take the extra revenue is an absolute bonus.

Thank you.

Beg to differ.

You are top 6 level because you’re there.

No question it was a bad day today, but as one of your fans said on the match thread, we’re just a bit further down the journey than you. 

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Beg to differ.

You are top 6 level because you’re there.

No question it was a bad day today, but as one of your fans said on the match thread, we’re just a bit further down the journey than you. 

Hud your pus.

I've watched Dundee all season and in a better position to comment than you. We've picked up a relegation esque amount of points against the top five and Hibs. We're not at that level yet.

Thankfully we gained a title winning amount of points against the bottom three.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Hud your pus.

I've watched Dundee all season and in a better position to comment than you. We've picked up a relegation esque amount of points against the top five and Hibs. We're not at that level yet.

Thank you.

Fair enough mate, I was just applying the simple logic that you were top 6 standard because…….erm……..you’re in the top 6. 

3 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

imo 1st season back up thats all that matters and i'll take the same next season.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

imo 1st season back up thats all that matters and i'll take the same next season.

Agreed.

I'm not complaining. More than happy with this season and just pointing out where we're at. There's definitely still a need for big improvements in the summer.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

1 minute ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Agreed.

I'm not complaining. More than happy with this season and just pointing out where we're at. There's definitely still a need for big improvements in the summer.

Thank you.

i think we'll improve result wise next season,,,if we get some of these loans back they will have had a season in the bank of playing at the highest level they have to date in their career....1/2 solid experienced players and we'll be fine...look at killie last season fannied about near the bottom stayed up and improved greatly.

Oh to find a Gogic type. Big Joe has done a bit of that work but frankly he’s not as good and next season will be 1 too far. Boetang made a difference when he came on, would love us to sign him but I doubt half a season on the bench has done us any favours in that direction. Wee Lyall gets lost in games like this, just not got the stature to mix it with this incessant, physical press. Bakayoko had an off day, he’s no world beater but there’s a reason he starts every week - because the Doc thinks the rest are worse. Tiffoney just doesn’t do it for me, not a starter imo. Lamie and Donnelly likewise, I get Donnelly is young so I’m not totally writing him off. With centre halves like them we need 2 holding midfielders against the better teams. Also thought McCracken was suspect today although he didn’t have that much to do other than pick the ball out of the net 3 times. As I’ve said before these failings give me hope that we could be better next season if properly addressed. 

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

Brandon Williams I've heard but not sure how likely. Maybe we are the club to give him a second chance after his 30 points on his driving license.

Not sure if he is fully focussed on his football at the moment. Looked at his contract and it’s expiring and he’s still relatively young. 

Edited by Luke Newman

30 minutes ago, Luke Newman said:

Not sure if he is fully focussed on his football at the moment. Looked at his contract and it’s expiring and he’s still relatively young. 

Maybe Docherty can get the best out of him. Might be seen as a project. If Docherty showed faith in him he would need to apply himself. He could be a player that Burnley are interested but want him to develop with us. Nothing might come of it as I said but one to keep an eye on.

After watching highlights from yesterday back its confirmed what the stats tell us , countless collapses tell us etc

it is glaringly obvious if we are to progress we need at least 2 new central defenders preferably 3 if we’re continuing with 3 at the back

all 3 goals conceded were awful

Its not an isolated occurrence 

Thought Sylla had his poorest game this season,didn't complete a pass to a team mate. His excellent form recently has allowed Cameron and McCowan to do what they do. Hopefully it was his form, and not the head knock he took that forced his substitution. 

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, jakedee said:

Thought Sylla had his poorest game this season,didn't complete a pass to a team mate. His excellent form recently has allowed Cameron and McCowan to do what they do. Hopefully it was his form, and not the head knock he took that forced his substitution. 

He had 2 similar against Aberdeen at Pittodrie and was rightfully subbed by Docherty. He was really poor yesterday losing his aerial duels and doing his best to pass to the opposition. Everything Gogic was, he was not. 

Donnelly had a really poor game and him and Dodgson weren’t knowing when to overlap each other - in turn they just kept passing back the way. The difference with Shaughnessy missing out of the defence was palpable.

I didn’t see the first goal as I was in the toilet at the time but the two other goals were laughably bad defending on our part. Not even junior level stuff.

Cameron was the best of the midfield - but that was the best of a bad bunch. McCowan had a pretty awful game too. 

That was a game in which we missed Beck the most, our wing backs were all too happy to sit in their shape and not stretch St Mirren making the battle of midfield easy for them. 

As I said yesterday, overall that was very uncharacteristic of us. I can’t be too frustrated by it as all yesterday done was prove to us that we just weren’t at the level to compete for Europe this season. We’re ahead of our development as a new team and our aim next season absolutely should be consolidating top 6 again.

Edited by Pens_Dark