All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Meeniedee said:

Played well today 

Done by a cracking goal and a brain fart..not often you see Celtic time wasting v us.

Yeah, you could see it on their fans horrible faces, absolutely shitting it for the last ten minutes. Great backing from the Derry whole second half as well I thought, don't understand folk bailing out when we were only two down though.

Onwards and upwards.

Thank you.

Club should go all out to get the ground full for this, massive day for both clubs, hoping to make it down.

A deal for this and the Killie game is surely a good idea.

Edited by MarkoP

3 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

don't understand folk bailing out when we were only two down though.

and the ones leaving at 1-2!! That said, should have gone for full out press last 5 mins, nothing to lose. And what was the idea of going to a back 5, just handed the initiative back earlier on. So glad that it was competitive but makes me worry that McCowan will be gone before next season starts, got to be clubs sniffing around after his performances v the arse cheeks.

Great season so far, best in years. 

Been missing a decent performance against Celtic & Rangers so far this season but that has been rectified in the last two games against them. Now pushing for Europe.

So why, are the home crowds so poor? 1500 light on what i would expect today. What can get the punters back through the gates?

19 minutes ago, rhumbaclub said:

What can get the punters back through the gates?

A victory, when was the last? Scottish football's finances are really to blame. I'd be on for a breakaway league unless a much fairer distribution is introduced, the current one is an absolute joke. Then the cnuts moan periodically about competition but undermine any, we all know this. Even Hearts, with Euro money, will be difficult to dislodge them from 3rd. I'd make every team in league the same (or fairly minimal differences) on league revenue (including no additional tv money) then at least those outside the top earners would have a chance. The arse cheeks this season have been particularly shwite and we may be closer but no realistic competition = no interest from many that could be enticed to cheer on their local (non dayglo) team  

13 hours ago, rhumbaclub said:

So why, are the home crowds so poor? 1500 light on what i would expect today. What can get the punters back through the gates?

I think you'll find the missing 1500 plus more will be at Dens on Saturday, £32 for an adult yesterday is very expensive for many people plus when did we last beat Celtic? If we can continue to compete against the OF and start getting some wins then it may encourage Dees to return when we play them. 

I'm really hoping we get around 6500 Dees in Dens on Saturday, it will send a message to the board that the support is there for the team if they can put an attractive competitive team on the park.

3 million quid for Kuhn and Dodgson had him in has his back pocket for the majority of the game I felt.

you could go through the team and struggle to find a poor performance, everyone did their jobs

as had been mentioned by meenie a cracking goal and a brain fart separating us and the best team in Scotland.

im not really surprised tbh as we’ve been doing it for most of the season being 1-2 up then just chuck it, the biggest one peeing me off was 2-0 down to Kilmarnock in 4 minutes or Motherwell coming back from 2-0 down

Zach Robinson on Wimbledon's released list.

I'd be signing him up in a heartbeat but dunno if Robinson or even Docherty would be keen.

Long term, there's a player in there that's better than what we have IMO.

30 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Zach Robinson on Wimbledon's released list.

I'd be signing him up in a heartbeat but dunno if Robinson or even Docherty would be keen.

Long term, there's a player in there that's better than what we have IMO.

Loved him in the Championship but will trust Docherty on this one. I don't think he is happy with his work rate, which I can get. I don't think work rate or energy is something that can be coached in to you and that shows with his lack of minutes under Docherty. Think you have said for a while he's our most natural finisher at the club and I probably would agree with that but being a striker in this league has to come with so much more.

In other news - Bruce Anderson has said he is leaving livi at the end of the season and that is someone I would definitely like in.

Amadou Bakayoko unexpectedly still has another year at FGR and has been retained. A huge blow to our chances of keeping him.

Can't imagine him staying with them but might price us out.

41 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Amadou Bakayoko unexpectedly still has another year at FGR and has been retained. A huge blow to our chances of keeping him.

Can't imagine him staying with them but might price us out.

Ive grown to like him/can see what he brings. 

Wouldn't be paying a fee for him though.IMO.