All things Dundee FC

14 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Robertson looked like an amateur at Parkhead, if you watch it back he loses his man every time and is nowhere near the level we need to progress. The boy can trap a ball and find a pass; his overall game is league one/lower cHampionship. We need to move on from players like him.

As for Bakayoko i'm okay with having him as part of a four man strike force next season which couldn't also include Pineda. Bakayoko has scored 6 goals and assisted 5 which is an average return. Sometimes he looks like he can't be arsed. I suppose we need a bit of continuity so i'll take Bakayoko, Boateng, McCraacken and Dodgson from the loan deals. 

Thank you.

Bakayoko’s work rates never bothered me. His hold up play could improve though. Lots of bad touches when you’re looking for him to hold it up. 

Another that’s improving and learning the game up here. Starting to rough up the defenders during games which is nice to see. 

Two i'd like to see us pick up from the Championship are Jack McMillan and Adam Frizzell.

Ryan Astley has hopefully been built up to be a natural step in for Donnelly in the summer.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

26 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Two i'd like to see us pick up from the Championship are Jack McMillan and Adam Frizzell.

Ryan Astley has hopefully been built up to be a natural step in for Donnelly in the summer.

Thank you.

Very impressive highlight reel tbf RASTLEY

Edited by Fife Saint

8 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Robertson looked like an amateur at Parkhead, if you watch it back he loses his man every time and is nowhere near the level we need to progress. The boy can trap a ball and find a pass; his overall game is league one/lower cHampionship. We need to move on from players like him.

As for Bakayoko i'm okay with having him as part of a four man strike force next season which couldn't also include Pineda. Bakayoko has scored 6 goals and assisted 5 which is an average return. Sometimes he looks like he can't be arsed. I suppose we need a bit of continuity so i'll take Bakayoko, Boateng, McCraacken and Dodgson from the loan deals. 

Thank you.

I feel a bit cammy about Robertson but I’ve eventually had to face facts and he’s not going to make it with us. I agree with you about the 4 loanees worth signing. Mellon probably too but his stock is possibly too high for us, despite not getting much of a chance - maybe his performances at training haven’t justified it. Donnelly has had some decent spells in games but he’s had some absolute shockers. Hopefully Astley and the homegrown youngsters get a chance over him next season. I think Dodgson has looked ok, half decent pace, not bad going forward, strong - he’s clearly no Owen Beck but he’s literally in a different league altogether. 
I wonder if Anderson might get another chance? His biggest failing imo was not getting his head up to see passes and ‘dying’ with the ball. Tiffoney also suffers from this but he seems well loved by everyone else. 

8 hours ago, Dee Bliss said:

Lamie plays for me. Would play him week in week out.  Him and Portales played well together.

If Donnelly was to play it’s in place of Dodgson. Donnelly’s use of the ball lets him down. Not sure he’s any quicker than Lamie tbh. 

Would be daft to change the starting 11 after a really good performance.  Bring on Main and Mellon or Mulligan for the last half hour if all is going to plan. 

It’s Lamie all day long over Donnelly at the moment and Dodgson over Donnelly at left back too. 

With all due respect Aaron Donnelly is exactly the type of player we should be targeting on a permanent signing.

Turns 21 in June and I'm not convinced he'll have any realistic chances of 1st team football if he remains at Forest with their current excessive recruitment policy.

Get him signed up with t&c's giving Nottingham Forest first option if he turns into a Dusan Vrto clone.

He's certainly improved as the season has progressed after his early injury issues. A young lad with a mature head, appears so anyway when listening to him being interviewed on tv.

Also agree @K.T, Charlie Reilly if he increases his strength and fitness levels over the summer will light up Dens Park next season no mistake, a natural talent which is very rare, imho.

Regards

7 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

With all due respect Aaron Donnelly is exactly the type of player we should be targeting on a permanent signing.

Turns 21 in June and I'm not convinced he'll have any realistic chances of 1st team football if he remains at Forest with their current excessive recruitment policy.

Get him signed up with t&c's giving Nottingham Forest first option if he turns into a Dusan Vrto clone.

He's certainly improved as the season has progressed after his early injury issues. A young lad with a mature head, appears so anyway when listening to him being interviewed on tv.

Also agree @K.T, Charlie Reilly if he increases his strength and fitness levels over the summer will light up Dens Park next season no mistake, a natural talent which is very rare, imho.

Regards

I agree with this 100%. I think Donnelly has done very well and has the making  of a very good player. I can't see him getting near the Forest first team but they might be sympathetic to letting us have him for another season. If he's not in their plans then I'd be trying to sign him permanently if possible

Bakayoko staying on with us is a great addition in my opinion. Someone posted earlier saying they think Bakayoko is one of our most underrated players and I completely agree - think I've said continuously that I don't understand the dislike a lot of our fans have for him. There hasn't been many examples of us being a better team when he's not on the pitch. I do think Main will be better with a full pre-season. For now, though, the partnership that has been the best has been Bakayoko + Tiffoney. I would like to say these final few games are a tester for players like Pineda and Robinson to prove their worth...but there is too much hanging on them with us chasing a European spot. 

Players like Robertson and Sharp aren't good enough for Dundee and that has been clear to me for a long time, as harsh as it seems. Robertson is a tidy wee player but we might as well accept that players like him and Sharp need to move on so as not to stifle their careers.

If Donnelly is available to sign then we simply need to do it, he's got a bright future ahead of him. Same with McCracken. 

I think I’m about the only Dundee fan who rates Sharp , I think he’s a great shot stopper which is primarily his first job , dealing with crosses can be worked on , and his distribution isn’t any worse than the rest of them , just feel there is something there to worked on , he’s gonna make a decent career for himself 

Sharp has decent potential. Had shockers when he first got his chance but has settled down and I'm quite comfortable with him in goal now. I have him in before Legzdins and still young. McCracken my first choice.

I hear about Robertson and he probably needs to go out and get regular first team games. I'd play him v Celts in a middle 5 to start for his energy and aggression to ensure we are in it 1st half (and then have a fresh Cameron v tiring players 2nd half), don't think comparing to last time where a middle 4 were just overrun is fair on him. 

I’d love to be proven wrong but I just don’t see Sharp or Robertson having any future here.

Robertson looks great and has good technique but influences the game very little.  He would have ripped up league 1 in that Falkirk team.  I don’t think randomly bringing him in for the toughest games makes a lot of sense.

Sharp maybe can reach the level required but he’s never going to get a chance to do that here.  Both need a full season of being regular starters at Championship level really, but that division is so cut throat at both ends that finding someone that will give them that chance is a bit challenging.  The likes of Airdrie are maybe a decent bet.

2 hours ago, Wee jeemie said:

I think I’m about the only Dundee fan who rates Sharp , I think he’s a great shot stopper which is primarily his first job , dealing with crosses can be worked on , and his distribution isn’t any worse than the rest of them , just feel there is something there to worked on , he’s gonna make a decent career for himself 

It’s as much to do with spreading the wage bill around the different areas of the pitch as much as anything else.

If we sign McCracken then we don’t really need a 3rd relatively experienced keeper unless we can get him out on loan again to cover a fair bit of his wage.

Then there’s a couple of decent sounding keepers coming through from the young age groups. The 16 year old keeper who’s been away on trial to a few English clubs obviously has a lot about him and you’d like to think if he signs full time with us he’ll been knocking on the door of the 1st team squad in the next year or 2. 

Could definitely see an improvement in Sharp after his loan spell especially his kicking. 

Edited by Dee Bliss

35 minutes ago, DieDee said:

Sharp has decent potential. Had shockers when he first got his chance but has settled down and I'm quite comfortable with him in goal now. I have him in before Legzdins and still young. McCracken my first choice.

I hear about Robertson and he probably needs to go out and get regular first team games. I'd play him v Celts in a middle 5 to start for his energy and aggression to ensure we are in it 1st half (and then have a fresh Cameron v tiring players 2nd half), don't think comparing to last time where a middle 4 were just overrun is fair on him. 

Would rather see Mulligan in before Robertson.