All things Dundee FC

Dee Man, on 24 Apr 2015 - 12:40, said:

Aye, cos I'm the one going about locking threads and red dotting at the criticism.

The internet is serious business Ludo, don't ever forget that.

Stop bubbling. Just you keep up with your charge to not allow me to open a topic ever again. ;)

In more serious news, perhaps more apt for the Celtic thread that some attention seeking b*****d shut apparently, Hartley's came out and said about the ref, 'The ref admitted to me he made a mistake at half-time with one incident. But that’s what happens sometimes, there’s nothing you can do about it.'

Definitely the advantage rule, it's one or the other. You can't give them advantage then pull it back about 30 seconds later once they've fucked it up.

Aye, 4 full touches (5 if you include a clip) of the ball, loses possession then is dragged back?! Astounded me.

UEFA rules state the benefitting team must gain full posession of the ball (check), then be in control of the ball (check) for their to be advantage.

Additional advice is that teams can gaain "Game Advantage", and in this case they did so as they were "clearly and dynamically moving towards the opponents’ penalty area". Thems the breaks like, but I think we're getting pretty unlucky in regards to the advantage rule, both with others teams getting them and us not. But that's down to the poor standard of officiating in the country.

Edited by Deestruction

Aye, 4 full touches (5 if you include a clip) of the ball, loses possession then is dragged back?! Astounded me.

UEFA rules state the benefitting team must gain full posession of the ball (check), then be in control of the ball (check) for their to be advantage.

Additional advice is that teams can gaain "Game Advantage", and in this case they did so as they were "clearly and dynamically moving towards the opponents penalty area". Thems the breaks like, but I think we're getting pretty unlucky in regards to the advantage rule, both with others teams getting them and us not. But that's down to the poor standard of officiating in the country.

Refs are brutal at the advantage rule in this country. The one that springs to mind was when Griffiths was clean through at Hampden this season v The Rangers and the ref pulled it back for a free kick to Celtic on the halfway line. Surprised they didn't write to the SFA about it tbh.

Thoughts on Nicky Low? Have you guys seen him play?

He came on briefly in the Dons' win at Dens in October, but the game most Dundee fans are likely to remember him in is the 1-1 draw two years ago that confirmed our relegation. This was my verdict for the club's website. So I'm certainly happy with the signing.

"Derek McInnes presumably gave the Dons a well-deserved tongue lashing at half time. He sent on young Nicky Low for Stephen Hughes, whose first half performance might charitably be classed as languid. A blunter assessment would be that he was ineffective and invisible, except for when he made conspicuous mistakes. Low was far more eager to impress and injected some badly needed vigour and dig to the Dons midfield."

He came on briefly in the Dons' win at Dens in October, but the game most Dundee fans are likely to remember him in is the 1-1 draw two years ago that confirmed our relegation. This was my verdict for the club's website. So I'm certainly happy with the signing.

"Derek McInnes presumably gave the Dons a well-deserved tongue lashing at half time. He sent on young Nicky Low for Stephen Hughes, whose first half performance might charitably be classed as languid. A blunter assessment would be that he was ineffective and invisible, except for when he made conspicuous mistakes. Low was far more eager to impress and injected some badly needed vigour and dig to the Dons midfield."

Prescient prose Rumps! Let's hope for the same determination and success in Dark Blue. I think it will be interesting to have too quality left footed players with Stewart as well in offensive positions,

Prescient prose Rumps! Let's hope for the same determination and success in Dark Blue. I think it will be interesting to have too quality left footed players with Stewart as well in offensive positions,

I remember saying at the time that Hughes was playing like someone working out his notice, just going through the motions. I'm sure Aberdeen would have lost that day if McInnes hadn't hooked him and sent on Low.

I remember saying at the time that Hughes was playing like someone working out his notice, just going through the motions. I'm sure Aberdeen would have lost that day if McInnes hadn't hooked him and sent on Low.

Hughes played for us at Falkirk like someone who had already been paid off at work due to losing both their legs in a workplace accident.

Hughes played for us at Falkirk like someone who had already been paid off at work due to losing both their legs in a workplace accident.

We were awful that day; poor team selection and tactics combined with an abject performance. It was a dreadful game to make a debut in and some of our best players in the Championship winning team weren't any better than Hughes on the day.

The worst 45 minutes I've ever seen from someone in Dark Blue. EVER.

The worst 45 minutes I've ever seen from someone in Dark Blue. EVER.

Wouldn't argue with that, barely touched the ball - but ten days later I saw him turn in a very good performance for the reserves - his last action for Dundee.

Edited by davidy233

A year ago this weekend, maybe the most enjoyable afternoon I've ever had photographing Dundee - The miracle of Recreation Park - a day when not only did we have to win but also Accies had to screw up - I'll always love Colin Nish for that day

http://davidyoung.photoshelter.com/gallery/26-04-2014-Alloa-Athletic-v-Dundee/G00009AyNck.M8bc/

A year ago this weekend, maybe the most enjoyable afternoon I've ever had photographing Dundee - The miracle of Recreation Park - a day when not only did we have to win but also Accies had to screw up - I'll always love Colin Nish for that day

http://davidyoung.photoshelter.com/gallery/26-04-2014-Alloa-Athletic-v-Dundee/G00009AyNck.M8bc/

What a day that was. Still breaks my heart to see Big Nade there :bairn: I reckon he would've been a good squad player at least.

Anyway, this is my favourite pic 8)

http://davidyoung.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/26-04-2014-Alloa-Athletic-v-Dundee/G00009AyNck.M8bc/I000089bMmn2G2IM

What a day that was. Still breaks my heart to see Big Nade there :bairn: I reckon he would've been a good squad player at least.

Anyway, this is my favourite pic 8)

http://davidyoung.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/26-04-2014-Alloa-Athletic-v-Dundee/G00009AyNck.M8bc/I000089bMmn2G2IM

Not sure about that lads catalogue pose though ;)

There's been a distinct lack of The Smiths, you tube clips, on Dee threads for a while.

Enjoy B)

Not sure about that lads catalogue pose though ;)

There's been a distinct lack of The Smiths, you tube clips, on Dee threads for a while.

Enjoy B)

I believe he's going for the Littlewoods Spring '98 look.