All things Dundee FC

Stewart was pretty poor in my opinion although did put a good ball through to Hemmings late on. McGinn and Kerr weren't bad and Holt looked good. A few players will have to get their finger out if they want to be part of the starting eleven (Roberts has no chance). Not having any of this "it was a 2nd string line-up", "pitch was poor", "conditions were bad" pish. We had a strong team on show, the pitch was better than decent and the weather will get a lot worse soon!

We had a mix of expected starters and 2nd/3rd stringers, and the majority seen it for what it was, a nothing match. So many folk making mountains out of a molehills.

The only people making mountains are the one's who feel it necessary to make excuses for a poor performance and against a team we should be beating comfortably. You are now on to "3rd stringers" - after slating a perfectly good pitch and mild weather conditions! All complete pish.

Mild weather conditions, gusts of around 35-40MPH, mild?

I'm not making excuses, the team that wanted to win won, a friendly.

The wind had absolutely no affect on the game today. And the pitch was good.

I am totally chilled guys - I think I am the only one that is! I am the only one not running around making excuses for what I thought was a poor performance. Just saying the players we had out today should be good enough to win against a team like Brechin comfortably. In my opinion a lot of the players didn't put a decent shift in today. Simple as that.

Edited by Chewing Taffies

OK, so it was a friendly, but still a disappointing performance. 2 games in, still finding our feet, but it's a mixed bag. I thought Nicky Low was the standout performer at Raith, and I liked the formation. Harkins anchored the midfield diamond well, and Stewart likewise led it. McPake is as good as ever, and I liked McGinns energy and zip when he came on. Andy Black looked pretty good too. Onto Brechin, I though Nick Ross was the standout today, never wasted possession, and looked better then he did at Raith. I've still to see what Rory Loy can do, service to him in both games has been dreadful, Kane Hemmings looks very promising. Full backs today, Kerr and Black were the standouts for me. I really hope I'm wrong, but I'm not impressed with Holt so far. Others have raved about him, so I hope it's just me who is wrong, we really need a good LB. McGowan looked off the pace today, hardly surprising, but it could be well into the season before we see him back to his best. For me, he was our Mt Indispensable last year. Gary Irvine was Gary Irvine, decent squad player, but not a starter. Mitchell in goal did little to inspire confidence unfortunately. Roberts and Tank, I doubt will see much first team action. Big plus? Spanish lad Extra B has been very assured, good football brain, can pass a ball. Would like to see him bed in with McPake. No Konrad or Meggatt today, hope they're not injured. Would like to see if Meggatt can handle LB.

Anyway, onto next week, back at Dens with higher standard opposition. Should start to get a better idea of the team as the week progresses. Also remembering, this is a young team we have now. Things should only get better !

Onto Brechin, I though Nick Ross was the standout today, never wasted possession, and looked better then he did at Raith. I've still to see what Rory Loy can do, service to him in both games has been dreadful, Kane Hemmings looks very promising. Full backs today, Kerr and Black were the standouts for me. I really hope I'm wrong, but I'm not impressed with Holt so far. Others have raved about him, so I hope it's just me who is wrong, we really need a good LB. McGowan looked off the pace today, hardly surprising, but it could be well into the season before we see him back to his best. For me, he was our Mt Indispensable last year. Gary Irvine was Gary Irvine, decent squad player, but not a starter. Mitchell in goal did little to inspire confidence unfortunately. Roberts and Tank, I doubt will see much first team action. Big plus? Spanish lad Extra B has been very assured, good football brain, can pass a ball. Would like to see him bed in with McPake. No Konrad or Meggatt today, hope they're not injured. Would like to see if Meggatt can handle LB.

Anyway, onto next week, back at Dens with higher standard opposition. Should start to get a better idea of the team as the week progresses. Also remembering, this is a young team we have now. Things should only get better !

I honestly wonder if I am watching the same game as some boys at times - holy f**k

I can categorically confirm Paul Hartley reads PnB as he was flicking through just before HT and was heard to utter "f**k me Blacker, you can play right back too according to Peh n Bovril. Quality, f**k off to that side and get away fae is."

On an aside, I'm desperately looking for either of these shirts should anyone have one they'd be willing to part with. post-15339-14372579638171_thumb.jpgpost-15339-14372579803719_thumb.jpg

Very disappointing today. Very little penetration in the first half. Most attempts were from distance.

In the first ten minutes of the second half there was a little movement down the left with Holt. Apart from that it was lateral passing or back passing to keep possession.

Roberts was outstandingly awful. Hennings ran well and could have scored but for committed defending. I was not impressed with either of the two back fours of each half. Particularly the second.

It looked like last season.

A bit pessimistic for top six on this showing.

Brechin were organised, quick on the break and scored the unique opportunity that they had.

Looks like a long hard season.

Very disappointing today. Very little penetration in the first half. Most attempts were from distance.

In the first ten minutes of the second half there was a little movement down the left with Holt. Apart from that it was lateral passing or back passing to keep possession.

Roberts was outstandingly awful. Hennings ran well and could have scored but for committed defending. I was not impressed with either of the two back fours of each half. Particularly the second.

It looked like last season.

A bit pessimistic for top six on this showing.

Brechin were organised, quick on the break and scored the unique opportunity that they had.

Looks like a long hard season.

Shut up aye. :lol:

On an aside, I'm desperately looking for either of these shirts should anyone have one they'd be willing to part with. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1437257962.980597.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1437257979.595162.jpg

I had the home one, gave it to a kid from Rwanda, he had to listen to the history of the Dees before he got it though. 8)

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

I can categorically confirm Paul Hartley reads PnB as he was flicking through just before HT and was heard to utter "f**k me Blacker, you can play right back too according to Peh n Bovril. Quality, f**k off to that side and get away fae is."

On an aside, I'm desperately looking for either of these shirts should anyone have one they'd be willing to part with. ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1437257962.980597.jpg ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1437257979.595162.jpg

Why'd you not just theive it, like an inverness tink, from some poor buggers washing line, the same as your first team??

Edited by frankthetank22

Why'd you not just theive it, like an inverness tink, from some poor buggers washing line, the same as your first team??

I hope your other 41 posts are of better quality. I can't imagine James McPake being pegged to a washing line although I have heard that Paul McGinn is into soft bondage.

On an aside, I'm desperately looking for either of these shirts should anyone have one they'd be willing to part with. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1437257962.980597.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1437257979.595162.jpg

Reported for breach of copyright.