All things Dundee FC

Holt steps up towards the United player but is nowhere near him causing waddel to cover the space he leaves behind him.

Holt can't get back quick enough to stop the cross and cammy gets caught out at the back post

That's how I saw it - Holt being out of position in the first place.

Kerr was completely blameless IMHO. He had two choices - try to cut out the cross or block the shot - he was unlucky in that King and the cross took the least expected route.

Rumour doing the rounds that MMJ acted like a thug last night after the game. That club's a fucking horrible, disgusting club from top to bottom. 

If last night wasn't the last ever derby, then the next time they darken Dens' doorstep the c**t should be banned if he can't act properly, if the rumour is true of course. 

3 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Didn't feel we missed Odea at all last night....
Hendry seems to be fairly commanding back there which is great to see.
The goal to lose was a bit shit. Unsure who was to blame , looked like Kerr losing his man at back post but at the end of the day who really gives a f**k? Was a good display and hopefully this puts us in a good place against Hamilton
Genuinely hope hendry dosnt get dropped on Saturday. Same 11 would be nice but can't see that being the case

I'd agree he wasn't missed as such last night cos Yenited were pish. However he'd improve the defence from last night. 

Hendry was class last night. 

That's how I saw it - Holt being out of position in the first place.

Kerr was completely blameless IMHO. He had two choices - try to cut out the cross or block the shot - he was unlucky in that King and the cross took the least expected route.

I understand with kerr either way he had to gamble on where the ball would go and unfortunately it was the wrong choice but he was superb last night

Rumour doing the rounds that MMJ acted like a thug last night after the game. That club's a fucking horrible, disgusting club from top to bottom. 
If last night wasn't the last ever derby, then the next time they darken Dens' doorstep the c**t should be banned if he can't act properly, if the rumour is true of course. 

Guy on the United Forum said Thompson went mad as a guy was looking at his phone and Thompson thought he was taking a picture of him. Thompson proceeded to grab the guy only to be pitifully thrown to the floor. If that's true it's as hilarious as it is embarrassing.

I understand with kerr either way he had to gamble on where the ball would go and unfortunately it was the wrong choice but he was superb last night

If Kerr marks King he has a chance to block or intercept at the point the ball gets to King. By leaving King and heading towards the ball he takes a bit of blame IMO.

I think Holt, Bain and Kerr all have a part to play in the goal against.

Not wanting to take the shine off of what was a stunning performance but we have to get things like that sorted at the back.

If we continue that same level of effort and desire however going into the league games we'll score more that we concede no doubt!

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Guy on the United Forum said Thompson went mad as a guy was looking at his phone and Thompson thought he was taking a picture of him. Thompson proceeded to grab the guy only to be pitifully thrown to the floor. If that's true it's as hilarious as it is embarrassing.

Pmsl, please let that be true - it'd be most gratifying if the baldy fud got done for fighting (& got his arse handed to him too)

I'm not massively worried about the CB's making a couple of small mistakes as they're still quite young and inexperienced and that's going to happen at times. I think (on paper at least) they're are our 5th and 6th choice for that position, and they performed as well as could be expected IMO.

13 minutes ago, AnAnInginAneAnA said:

I'm not massively worried about the CB's making a couple of small mistakes as they're still quite young and inexperienced and that's going to happen at times. I think (on paper at least) they're are our 5th and 6th choice for that position, and they performed as well as could be expected IMO.

5th and 6th? You kidding?

4 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

What centre half's do we have who are both better than waddell n hendry ?

If you're referring to the 5th and 6th choice comment, I was meaning it in regards to if they were healthy and/or available for the tie, McPake, Julen, Ghadzalov and O'dea would probably have been picked before them in the team sheet.

9 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Can't agree regarding Hendry certainly.

Personally I don't rate Julen. McPake if available would be awesome if he was a good as he was but that's a huge ask.

Ghadzalov is good to have but gonna struggle to get ahead of hendry and waddell is doing himself favours.

Odea won't be dropped

Agree with all of that. I think Julen will be on his way out once contract up. Will be surprised if he plays for us again, barring an emergency later in the season.

7 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Can't agree regarding Hendry certainly.

Personally I don't rate Julen. McPake if available would be awesome if he was a good as he was but that's a huge ask.

Ghadzalov is good to have but gonna struggle to get ahead of hendry and waddell is doing himself favours.

Odea won't be dropped

Based on last nights showing I cant disagree with you on any of that tbh. But before that game I'd have been pretty hesitant to play two relatively inexperienced young CB's in a derby (had the other options been available). 

That being said, having seen both those young lads in a big match now, I'd chose both them over Julen, and maybe even McPake (like you said) depending on how well he manages when he finally comes back. Would still have Ghadzalov on before Waddell though, I think.

Now that I think about it, I worded my initial post badly and totally failed to convey my meaning.

2 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Who, or what, is MMJ?