All things Dundee FC

I actually thought the same. That team was crying out for a Vincent-type player instead of Kamara, IMO. Only one game in, so will give him the benefit of the doubt but I was shocked he got MOTM.

Also, we need to drop O'Hara and start with Gowser. Kamara would maybe do better alongside a busy player like Paul but he'd have to get much more involved if he's going to win me over.

Thank you.

Think Kamara can and will be a great signing but he is best suited to games that we are expecting to lose. Against the likes of Hearts and Rangers, having his ability to break the play up could be vital.

Against the bottom teams though his inability to pass the ball forwards will have some of the moaners around me throwing themselves off the main stand.

On second thoughts he has to play these games.

We are desperate for a goal scorer....surely we'll bring one in before the window shuts?
Wouldn't mind a left back too. We'll never be close to challenging for top 6 as long as Holt is in the starting XI. Massive weak link IMO.

I think that's a bit extreme saying Holt's a massive weak link.

As much as I would love to see a goalscorer like most teams, I feel our biggest problem is at the back (which loosely links with your Holt point)

Last year we shipped the 3rd most goals against behind Motherwell and Caley and so far have only recruited Hendry to strengthen things up. Kamara needs more fight for a defensive midfielder and O'Dea isn't as good as people make out IMO although has the "experience".

I really hope that If Meekings isn't medically fit to join then we have someone else lined up, we desperately need it.

58 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Don't think there will be any more signings until players deemed surplus to requirements have been moved on. Which doesn't seem to be happened too quickly.

I'm afraid you're probably right. Unfortunately moving on Hately, Williams and Vincent (I personally still think Vincent could prove to be useful in some matches) will not be easy, given how much they are reputedly on.  Hately and Williams in particular offer nothing to the team and were extremely poor signings.  

Hately and Williams could prove to be extremely costly signings if we can't afford to further strengthen the team because of them. 

I'd be tempted to go for this tomorrow night. Three busy players in the middle to win the ball back and a bit of pace in there as well to counter. If Moussa isn't fit then straight swap for Haber would be my preference although I imagine McCann would start El Bak.

I know a lot of people would disagree with the Vincent shout but I think that gives us a really balanced midfield trio.

5989b9452239d.jpg

I'd be tempted to go for this tomorrow night. Three busy players in the middle to win the ball back and a bit of pace in there as well to counter. If Moussa isn't fit then straight swap for Haber would be my preference although I imagine McCann would start El Bak.

I know a lot of people would disagree with the Vincent shout but I think that gives us a really balanced midfield trio.

5989b9452239d.jpg

Ross I completely agree with that 11.

Would never drop Holt one of our best players last season.

Deejango, I would concede that he's an improved player, but not one of our better players. There's definitely a player in there and as this is his third season I hope that'll he will shine through with the improvements he has made.
Defensively he has improved enormously. He's got skill and is decent in the air yet often he doesn't make the angle for a forward pass when he's playing as a wing back. I'd like to see him more aggressive in getting forward. And he can ping the odd goal from a set piece. More than our man Hateley.

At the same time I'd be happy to give Williams a spell there.