All things Dundee FC

Hiya ab'dy,
Christmas is almost upon us, so it's time to play a festive addition of Keep, Release, Execute.
Same rules as last time; who does everyone want to keep, who would you like to see gone in the January window and (most importantly), who would you like to see publicly executed for their sins? You can have as many 'keep' or 'release' votes as you like, however you're limited to one execution. 
This years executions are to happen in the City Square with the trap door opening as we welcome in the New Year.
Here's the list along with my thoughts:
Goalkeepers
Scott Bain Execute
Elliott ParishKeep
Defenders
Cammy KerrKeep
Kevin HoltKeep
James McPakeRelease
Darren O’DeaRelease
Jon AurtenetxeKeep
Julen ExtxabegurenRelease
Jack HendryKeep
Josh MeetingsKeep
Kostadin GadzhalovKeep
Kerr WaddellKeep
Midfielders
James VincentRelease
Glen KamaraKeep
Scott Allan (loan)Keep
Mark O’HaraKeep
Paul McGowanKeep
Roarie DeaconKeep
Randy WoltersRelease
Jesse CurranKeep
Nicky LowRelease
Lewis SpenceRelease
Strikers
Sofien MoussaKeep
A-Jay Leitch-Smith (loan)Release
Faissal El BakhtaouiKeep
Harcus HaberRelease
Craig WightonKeep
I was thinking about creating a new thread for this, along with an execution vote, but quite frankly I don't give a f**k what other teams think about their players. Dundee votes only.
Thank you.

Pretty much agree with this one although I'd keep AJLS and Spence and would release Gadz.

The Herald has us as agreeing a deal with Celtic for Jack Hendry in which he'll stay at Dens till the end of the season on loan. That'd mean we'd see Allan punted back to Celtic or he'd be part of the deal ie, joining permanently. Otherwise it's just another bullshit article.

Easy enough to work past though. If Celtic wanted it done in January at those terms, they can just negotiate something to be completed in the summer with a nice sign on fee (compensating to make up the new wage they agreed with Hendry) and just say he's got a knock whenever it comes to the time we play Celtic.

I wouldn't be overly surprised though if Allan does end up getting punted. His return raises a lot of questions for the amount of money we're likely to be spending on his wage and we know McCann struggles to integrate him in the side without messing everything up. Undoubtedly talented but if I was the chairman, I would be pretty inquisitive about the use of money - he alone could maybe free up wages for two players or be a significant contribution in getting the deficit down.

Edit: sign on fee, not sell on clause

2 hours ago, LiamDFC said:

Goalkeepers

Scott Bain Execute
Elliott ParishKeep

Defenders
Cammy KerrKeep
Kevin HoltRelease 
James McPakeRelease
Darren O’DeaRelease
Jon AurtenetxeKeep
Julen ExtxabegurenRelease
Jack HendryKeep
Josh MeetingsKeep
Kostadin GadzhalovRelease 
Kerr WaddellKeep

Midfielders
James VincentRelease
Glen KamaraKeep
Scott Allan (loan)Keep
Mark O’HaraKeep
Paul McGowanKeep
Roarie DeaconKeep
Randy WoltersKeep
Jesse CurranKeep
Nicky LowRelease
Lewis SpenceKeep

Strikers
Sofien MoussaKeep
A-Jay Leitch-Smith (loan)Release
Faissal El BakhtaouiRelease
Harcus HaberRelease
Craig WightonKeep

Cheated and copied your original but edited a few changes. Still execute thon keeper tho! Giving Randy and Lewis a chance until the summer although Randy’s been utter pish so far. 

Edited by Yenitit

McGowan was one of our standouts against Partick. Apart from that, he's been consistently decent IMO.

Not sure where this hate's coming from. He's def worth an extension if you ask me.

Thank you.

Not hate - just believe that for every Patrick game there are 3 or 4 where he just disappears.

Too inconsistent IMHO.

The Herald has us as agreeing a deal with Celtic for Jack Hendry in which he'll stay at Dens till the end of the season on loan. That'd mean we'd see Allan punted back to Celtic or he'd be part of the deal ie, joining permanently. Otherwise it's just another bullshit article.
Exact same as they're doing with Morgan of St Mirren apparently. Pay a fee now to beat any competitors, and then loan him back so he develops. Pretty smart, tbf to them.

St Mirren apparently getting £300k, plus clauses, for Morgan

Exact same as they're doing with Morgan of St Mirren apparently. Pay a fee now to beat any competitors, and then loan him back so he develops. Pretty smart, tbf to them.

St Mirren apparently getting £300k, plus clauses, for Morgan

Assuming he's leaving in summer anyway, this might not be a bad move from a Dundee perspective. The price needs to be right. However, take the cash, keep him till the end of the season anyway and then Celtic take on the risk of an injury.

Assuming he's leaving in summer anyway, this might not be a bad move from a Dundee perspective. The price needs to be right. However, take the cash, keep him till the end of the season anyway and then Celtic take on the risk of an injury.
Seems a smart move for Dundee, to me. Don't have the anxious wait throughout the whole of January about whether he's leaving, it gives you six months to identify a replacement, and you get the money for the January window to strengthen other areas.

Seems a smart move for Dundee, to me. Don't have the anxious wait throughout the whole of January about whether he's leaving, it gives you six months to identify a replacement, and you get the money for the January window to strengthen other areas.

True. The last thing you want is what United had when they lost GMS and Armstrong on the last day.

Goalkeepers
Scott Bain  Execute
Elliott Parish  Keep

Defenders
Cammy Kerr  Keep
Kevin Holt  Keep
James McPake  Release
Darren O’Dea  Release
Jon Aurtenetxe  Keep
Julen Extxabeguren  Release
Jack Hendry  Keep
Josh Meetings  Keep
Kostadin Gadzhalov  Keep
Kerr Waddell  Keep

Midfielders
James Vincent  Execute
Glen Kamara  Keep
Scott Allan (loan) Release
Mark O’Hara  Keep
Paul McGowan  Keep
Roarie Deacon  Release
Randy Wolters  Execute
Jesse Curran  Keep
Nicky Low  Release
Lewis Spence  Release

Strikers
Sofien Moussa  Execute
A-Jay Leitch-Smith (loan)  Release
Faissal El Bakhtaoui  Execute
Harcus Haber  Release
Craig Wighton  Keep

Can I just reiterate - if Hendry signs for Celtic and we keep him on loan it means that we need to send Allan back as you're only allowed 1 at a time. I'm not Allan's biggest fan but I don't think we can afford to punt him back just now.

Can I just reiterate - if Hendry signs for Celtic and we keep him on loan it means that we need to send Allan back as you're only allowed 1 at a time. I'm not Allan's biggest fan but I don't think we can afford to punt him back just now.

I'm sure there will be a way to work around that.