All things Dundee FC

I hope once again it doesn’t come down to clauses, and I don’t mean Santa.
Also I was fairly near where El Bak was warming up yesterday,and he should be on top of a wedding cake.
It reminded me of a similarity malnourished mate of mine being seen in a kilt by his wife for the first time, which prompted the comment
“The last time I saw a pair of legs like that there was a message tied to one of them.”

Did well when he came on though.

some naive thinking if people think we are in a position to tell other clubs to dpuble offers. If the last year is to go by £500k isnt far off what he will go for. The one difference with England is that the bid will be about the same but the personal earnings on offer are enough to make him go there.

some naive thinking if people think we are in a position to tell other clubs to dpuble offers. If the last year is to go by £500k isnt far off what he will go for. The one difference with England is that the bid will be about the same but the personal earnings on offer are enough to make him go there.

We have the most promising centre half in the league, who’s being touted as a future international tied up for another 18 months, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to want more than 500k, which will be f**k all once certain people get their cut from it.

500 thousand can we afford to knock back ? We ain't going to get double however that would be nice.
Isn't our biggest fee received about 1 million for Douglas ?
600 thousand with plenty add ons would be nice .
Agreed we shouldn't be accepting first offer however it's biggest fee we would receive in a long time .

exactly. some sell-on options would be good. Look at the Celtic pay out for the Liverpool transfer of van Dijk.

We received 500k for Speroni when we were on our knees 13 year ago.

£1.2million for Rab 16 year ago.

£500k for Novo 13 year ago.

£500k for Kevin McDonald when we were struggling financially in the Championship (Then first division).

To suggest that we can't get more than 500k for Hendry is fallacy in this day and age. It depends on how well we hold our nerve. I'm not one of those that reckons we can get a couple of Mill. 800-900k with a sell on clause isn't unreasonable though.

A club that's bagged about £7m for a fucking sell on clause. They'll probably sell Armstrong this window and Dembele looks to be going for at least £15 million.

Including the champions league money that's about £45 milion at probably the very least this season and they want one of the most promising players in Scotland for half a million? They paid £4.5 million for Ntcham ffs.

f**k off you filthy c***s. 

If we could keep him for the rest of the season , I would be pleased.  Could be the difference between relegation and safety.  If we got this +  500k with a sell on clause , and maybe Scott Allan for free with his wages paid up - I think that would be a really good deal. 1 million, 1.5 million talk is fantasy stuff.  We got him for nothing, so any cash and a full season from him is good business.

A club that's bagged about £7m for a fucking sell on clause. They'll probably sell Armstrong this window and Dembele looks to be going for at least £15 million.
Including the champions league money that's about £45 milion at probably the very least this season and they want one of the most promising players in Scotland for half a million? They paid £4.5 million for Ntcham ffs.
f**k off you filthy c***s. 

They’ll complain about the lack of competition for them in Scottish football too.

£500k for Kevin McDonald when we were struggling financially in the Championship (Then first division).

To suggest that we can't get more than 500k for Hendry is fallacy in this day and age. It depends on how well we hold our nerve. I'm not one of those that reckons we can get a couple of Mill. 800-900k with a sell on clause isn't unreasonable though.

It depends entirely on Hendry. If his head gets turned and he wants a move you'll be lucky to get £500k, if he's happy to stay and doesn't force anything than you should be going for a £1m fee. Centre halves like him are rare.

Not naive at all. We are in no rush to sell. You really think his price is going to drop between now and the end of the season?

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:
49 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It depends entirely on Hendry. If his head gets turned and he wants a move you'll be lucky to get £500k, if he's happy to stay and doesn't force anything than you should be going for a £1m fee. Centre halves like him are rare.

Pretty much. If Hendry's the's the sort of personality whose head would be turned easily and agitates then it undermines Dundee's position. His agent would probably be pointing out that the club would be making a £500k profit on a player they signed for nothing 6 months ago presumably with the potential to increase that if there's a sell on %.

It also depends on what sort of promises (if any) were made to the player when he signed. I know from a Motherwell point of view when we bring players in it's on the proviso that we won't stand in their way if something comes up that suits everyone. It limits the price tags you can place on players though. Our market is selling cross-border though so you don't have the same risk in terms of selling to a team in the same league.

Did Nelms not get quite publicly burned with quotes about how much it'd take to get Stewart and/or Hemmings around the time they were sold? I'd have thought that would probably give him a bit of perspective in terms of valuation. Agree with @Ludo*1 that there's no reason Dundee can't get more than £500k but £750k-£850k + % seems a reasonable ball-park.

Edited by capt_oats

We need to do what Motherwell done with Moult. No need to sell him with 18 months of his contract left unless there’s a very good offer on the table which I’d say was £1m plus a good sell on %. I hope the club stands it’s ground and learns the lessons from trying to replace good players in Stewart and Hemmings which we still haven’t done 18 months later. 

We’ll get 500k for Hendry no bother in the summer if he continues performing as he has done. 

Hendry seems a top lad. I’d like to think he’ll stay with us and develop until the end of the season.

If he does go then I hope it’s to England.

On the plus side, if McCann does get £500,000+ in Jan then we should be able to get a striker, CB and CM.

Nelms really needs to avoid looking like a dumpling this time round after his actions with Hemmings. Saying we don't need to sell, then having Hartley say there was no clause, even though Nelms had agreed a buy-out clause and then taking the blame after the fact saying he hadn't told Hartley.

United got Andrew Robertson from Queens Park for next to nothing.  1-2 years later he was sold to Hull for just under £3m.

As a defender Hendry shows more composure on the ball than most midfielders in the Premiership.

Assuming we are not desperate for the cash there is absolutely no reason why we can’t hold off and get £1m plus for him.  

If Celtic are willing to pay £500,000 for him you can be sure that they think he’s worth far more than that.

According to the Tele, we've had no bid (sure someone said this earlier) and that even if there was, it'd take a lot more than 500k to tempt us. Usual Tele nonsense more than likely, but worth adding.