All things Dundee FC

It’s kind of hard to see what Ngwatala and Madianga have done to be completed punted but to be fair when on the pitch they flattered to deceive. I’m beginning to lose faith in Kallman to. I’d love him to come good but we wins f**k all in the air, his first touch is pish and his goals tally is virtually zero. Woods is at best average. Being generous we have had a very consistent selection over the last 10 games or so, mostly playing on the back foot and I think a fair few of this group are running on empty. Curran in particular looks completely fucked. I honestly believe IF we could pick up as little as 2 good players we’d be a different team. I’m not pissed, just trying to be a glass half full guy.
One good player would make a difference.
We have a team of shitebags whose confidence is negative and receding.
Nobody wants the ball.
They all now seem to have Moussa"s first touch.
What a fucking nightmare.

One would hope that by announcing those who are free to go that they already have players in mind. It would at least give McIntyre 3 weeks to work with them before the cup game which I'm glad is our first match back.

If other teams with similar or lower budgets can pick up decent players then we should be capable of doing the same.

We don't need the spectacular but players who can get the simple things right - the current squad can't even get the basics right.

One good player would make a difference.We have a team of shitebags whose confidence is negative and receding.

Nobody wants the ball.

They all now seem to have Moussa"s first touch.

What a fucking nightmare.

We seriously need a leader in the middle of the park - not to scream at players but to keep them focussed. 

I also think we could do with a hard as nails midfielder to do the dirty work - I really feel we have a soft underbelly and it causes us so many problems defensively.

1 minute ago, Nadroj said:

Admittedly I haven't seen loads of him, but from what I have I think Jesse Curran looks a pretty decent player.

Am I horribly wrong?

Depends. One day he's got some good hunger and drive to him, other days (like today) he is pretty hopeless, like a deer in the headlights. I think he has good potential though, just needs to be with better players in a better system.

Guest gregteamdee

We are now at the point we either gamble & trust McIntyre can bring in the players to keep us up (only 4 points mind from safety) or we go down without a fight with McCann’s flops. 

Going to be a mental 3-4 weeks. 

One would hope that by announcing those who are free to go that they already have players in mind. It would at least give McIntyre 3 weeks to work with them before the cup game which I'm glad is our first match back.

If other teams with similar or lower budgets can pick up decent players then we should be capable of doing the same.

We don't need the spectacular but players who can get the simple things right - the current squad can't even get the basics right.

Or it could be we HAVE to move some players out to bring any in and by announcing them early we are hoping to maximise our chances of getting rid.

As I said earlier Curran looks fucked to me, he’s still very young and it’s not really a surprise.

We’ve lacked a decent, hard tackling midfield leader for most of the 40 years I’ve been going to Dens. And a decent manager to be truthful.

Basically I think we go quality not quantity in January. A centre mid, a striker and if Boyle and Innes go, a centre half too.

Would you swap Calvin Miller for Jack Hendry on loan?

In my mind the financial side of things is a straightforward question; how much will we lose if we go down?
If we lose say 800k p/a going down I think the board should be prepared to sanction a spend of 150 / 200 to try and recruit boys who will keep us up...

I know it may be good money after bad but the Championship is a hard league to get out of and I’d have little confidence of us coming straight back up.

I agree with the quality over quantity argument, I’d take 3 or 4 personally but at this time of the year the types of player available will generally be cast offs and mercenaries. I think McIntyre will know the type of player he wants and will likely have been sounding folk out over the past weeks.

Yesterday I was all misery and thought we were doomed but the more I think about it I reckon that we’ll stay up. 10th is as good as we can hope for but I think we’ll do it.

*don’t ask how, it’s blind faith I’m running on at the moment.

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

McGowan was hilariously awful in the second half.  Couldn't control it and  couldn't pass it to a Dundee player.

The calls for him to go for the last four seasons have fell on deaf ears. Whoever kept lauding him deserves where we are now. 

Same with Kerr.

Thank you.

You’re a brave man suggesting that.  GMan and myself have been repeatedly shot down over the past year or so for suggesting this as well as his lack of pace and the fact he can’t shoot properly.

Apparently his strength is his determination and motivating players around him.

I personally expect far more from a midfielder.

3 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Would you swap Calvin Miller for Jack Hendry on loan?

Yes. Still can’t believe we went for an untried youngster on loan from Celtic when they have guys with a lot of 1st team experience at their club who won’t get much game time. Really does some up our transfer policy over the last year.

I’d ask who’s available from Hendry, Lewis Morgan and Scott Allan. 

Edited by Yenitit

24 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

You’re a brave man suggesting that.  GMan and myself have been repeatedly shot down over the past year or so for suggesting this as well as his lack of pace and the fact he can’t shoot properly.

I've said it since the days of him playing alongside Nick Ross in holding midfield.

Central in our team to season after season of shite.

It was always going to come to this, hopefully we can escape but we can have absolutely no complaints if we go down.

Thank you.

Last season I would have, and probably did, argue that he was one of our better players and I still believe that he was. However, this hernia injury he had his season has totally fucked him. He looks like he’s put on about 2 stone and he’d be lucky to cover about half the ground now that he used to cover. Also doesn’t help that he’s being played as a number 10 as that’s a role that just doesn’t suit him.