All things Dundee FC

6 hours ago, Fifespud said:

To be fair the challenge league in Switzerland is below the level that even the Arabs have sunk to and Geneva doesn’t have the V and A. Plus a Big Mac in Geneva is about fifteen quid.

Did they rename it Gene while I wasn't looking?

Craig Curran signing soon according to Tam Mcmanus. 

Runs about a lot and doesn’t score. Also has a history of concussions. For some reason Dundee United decided to give him a three year contract, so I reckon it might be a loan deal.

Tam MacManus says -

Craig is a good player and a superb pro I played with him at Limerick. Also he works his balls off and has a great attitude and in the position Dundee are in they need that. Jim McIntyre got the best out of him at Ross County and knows what makes him tick. Solid signing IMO.

Runs about a lot and doesn’t score. Also has a history of concussions. For some reason Dundee United decided to give him a three year contract, so I reckon it might be a loan deal.

Obviously doesn’t subscribe to Robbie Neilson’s ‘Total Football’.

Guest gregteamdee
13 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Good signing. We need hard workers and is better than anything we've had upfront the last few years except K.Miller.

5 or 6 more needed at least then we have some hope (Including a right back and winger as priority)

Thank you.

Exactly this, gives us a bit of depth too.  Some players work better under certain managers, got to hope he does well. 

Not sure how anyone thinks it’s a good signing. Not being negative, but McIntyres first 2 signings are players who were both relegated when the league was a worse standard than it is just now.

Agreed. I said earlier I hadn’t been hugely impressed so far but if Woods and Curran jobs for the boys style signings are anything to go by, I’m not getting too excited about January.

22 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Martin Woods has been offered a new deal.

Generally, you have my deepest sympathies....

19 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

First rumour that I've been text is Jim O'Brien. He's being released by Bradford and is a McIntyre staple. I'd be quite happy with him.

meh, he'll run around and occasionally hit an absolute screamer but there are games he will just disappear in.  

16 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Craig Curran signing soon according to Tam Mcmanus. 

I like Curran but last season he was poor from the start of the season, this may be due to the manager at the time playing him as a lone striker when his pace had clearer gone and desperately needed someone to play alongside.

So he should be ok, as long as you don't have McIntyre.......oh.........awkward.

Not sure how anyone thinks it’s a good signing. Not being negative, but McIntyres first 2 signings are players who were both relegated when the league was a worse standard than it is just now.
Got quite a good instinct with him tbh. I always thought he was a good player.

Gut feeling is that Kenny Miller and Kallman are actually good enough but the service is pretty woeful - Curran or Calvin Miller have an off day and that's us completely done, we've really had little else to provide the forwards with and on the occasions they have had a good game, the forwards have actually been promising IMO. I think if Curran gives us a cheap bit of depth and competition for those two, we can spend real money elsewhere.

If all of the signings are like this one, I will be quite apprehensive but I really don't think that's the case. I might be completely off but I think this will be a total overhaul and there will be a few to come in who will be seen as a bit more valuable. Hopefully, it won't be the Premiership 35 year olds on £4k a week who don't give a f**k though.

38 minutes ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

Genreally,  you have my deepeat sympathies

I like Curran but last season he was poor from the start of the season, this may be due to the manager at the time playing him as a lone striker when his pace had clearer gone and desperately needed someone to play alongside.

So he should be ok, as long as you don't have McIntyre.......oh.........awkward.

Keep your sympathies to yourself you foxhunting, Highland c**t. Your team are about as prestigious as a double yolked egg. Stick to the grooming of Highland cattle you glaikit old fool.

Kenny Miller would be played if we needed a lone striker aswell so your point is a pointless as your club.

K.Miller, Kallman and Curran is a good enough strike force to keep us up. The rest of the squad would be dwelling near the bottom of the championship.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92