All things Dundee FC

Its a bit meh, in they same way that I felt about JMac becoming manager.
A bit of a sensible signing, not like our usual 'ba's oot' signings. He praised Tommy Wright's style of signing at the weekend and as much as I would like us to be a steady Premiership team, I do not want us to be as dull as St Johnstone.
One positive is that it looks like he is wasting no time in getting the signings done.

How after watching us on Saturday can anyone say we are dull.
We are now very exciting to watch.
What you need to do is try and copy what we have done using all Scots,Irish and English players who get on and play for the badge and respect their manager.
You certainly need signings like Kennedy, Watt and Callaghan who were all available last summer.

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:
You better hope it stays that way. United apparently using his wage to get Osman Sow, who should destroy that division.

It's already been destroyed by Shankland.

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Championship forum for this pish . . .

Make up your mind!

Anyway, the directors of Dundee and United have a similar (though not identical) problem this window.

Do Dundee’s board spend big bucks knowing that it may not guarantee avoiding relegation?  Do United’s board spend big bucks knowing that it won’t guarantee promotion?

From what I can see Dundee’s owners have already made a significant financial contribution; they could double down, with the risk of losing more, or they could cut and run.

We’ve just been bought over by a guy who had never been to Scotland before he done the deal and who thinks he can make money in Scottish football!!!  I’m hoping he puts a fair bit of money in and gets us promotion before he realises that his objective is unrealistic.

I'd love a cheeky wee announcement today. Don't care if it's news of another player being punted, Woods' extension being confirmed or what, just something to whet the appetite for what is to come.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd love a cheeky wee announcement today. Don't care if it's news of another player being punted, Woods' extension being confirmed or what, just something to whet the appetite for what is to come.

Thank you Dundee.

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/haber-departs-club/

Make up your mind!

Anyway, the directors of Dundee and United have a similar (though not identical) problem this window.

Do Dundee’s board spend big bucks knowing that it may not guarantee avoiding relegation?  Do United’s board spend big bucks knowing that it won’t guarantee promotion?

From what I can see Dundee’s owners have already made a significant financial contribution; they could double down, with the risk of losing more, or they could cut and run.

We’ve just been bought over by a guy who had never been to Scotland before he done the deal and who thinks he can make money in Scottish football!!!  I’m hoping he puts a fair bit of money in and gets us promotion before he realises that his objective is unrealistic.

They are making funds available for this window- quite how much that will mean Keyes had to find personally I'm not sure. Cut and run isn't an option as far as I'm aware. If the choice is a binary one then is imagine it is more likely to be invest or tell the manager that any funds he frees up are his to use.

Couldn't comment on Utds situation - you lot have been strangely quiet (apathetic?) about the whole takeover saga.

A shame Haber didn't continue to play well after a decent first season at Dundee. 
His goals kept us up imo but wasn't willing to fight for his place when Moussa came in. That or McCann made the environment too hostile for his liking.

3 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

We're trying to get Mark O'Hara back on loan according to someone on the other forum.

He plays every week for Peterborough so god knows why they'd want to send him on loan.

22 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He plays every week for Peterborough so god knows why they'd want to send him on loan.

He’s been out their starting 11 recently. The opposite has happened with Jason Naismith who I thought when McIntyre took over we’d make a move for.  Jamie Walker ex Hearts and Jason Cummings can’t get in their starting 11 and would more than do a job up here. 

Regarding  Haber he came in and done a great job for us in  his 1st season then like most of that squad either fell out with McCann or was overlooked for McCann’s signings. 

Edited by Yenitit

Dv6gcbOX4AE3QDT.jpg&key=be14295d2d900ec4907b9a78af41ce22d0022791e257b22f303d0d94b2d15925 Always excites me when I see we're last on the list.

The Daily Ranger reporting it as "Adam issues Rangers plea".

Of course once you read the article you realise that Adam has said no such thing.

Looks like a standard " Of course I'd be interested if any club came calling."

Completely meaningless.

If our starting 11 doesn't look like this by the end of January, then personally, I'll have lost faith in McIntyre:

Julian Speroni

Marcus Fraser
Jack Hendry
Kostadin Gadzhalov
Nathan Ralph

Vajiko Nemsadze
Charlie Adam
Martin Woods

Fabian Caballerro
Kenny Miller
Kris Boyd