All things Dundee FC

I thought Irvine was okay. A good championship player. Won league with Dundee and St.Mirren ..

Yeah and with us. Was good at that level but toiled to cut grade at Celtic and the top league. Can see alot of similar things with miller and wouldn't be shocked to see him go down to the championship and get a few promotions.

1 hour ago, D TOTAL said:

Wouldn’t be averse to seeing Kyle letheren back?

He's better than what we've got for sure, but that doesn't make him a good keeper. Besides, he's just broke into the Plymouth side.

5 hours ago, Dee-funked said:

Don't know what Brendan thought he saw in Calvin to try and convert him, but he's never a LB!

That's the thing, I can't see him fitting into Celtic as a Left Back the way we play in a 4 at the back system.  He would be much better suited to a wing back role in a 5-3-2 system or as a left sided midfielder.   He's a (very) poor man's Alberto Moreno

Edited by senorsoupe

13 hours ago, Dee-funked said:

Don't know what Brendan thought he saw in Calvin to try and convert him, but he's never a LB!

I think Brendan was clutching at straws with this tbh. Izzy left and we only had one natural left back so tried to see if we could convert him as a back up. Might actually help his game long term with a stint at lb but for me his career is further up the pitch.

I think Brendan was clutching at straws with this tbh. Izzy left and we only had one natural left back so tried to see if we could convert him as a back up. Might actually help his game long term with a stint at lb but for me his career is further up the pitch.

Think his career is further down the leagues! Ach who knows, he did ok in a struggling team.

The O’Dea to Thistle speculation has went very quiet. Have any dees fans heard anything more?

Think it will depend on who we bring in. He’s started the majority of games under McIntyre so will only be free to leave if we bring in sufficient replacements.

According to the Tully we are trying to sign Marcus Fraser.

That means we’re not trying to sign Marcus Fraser. The papers don’t tend to have a clue what goes on behind the scenes so wouldn’t read too much into it. Pretty sure the rumour started from a Dundee fan twitter account a couple of days ago.