All things Dundee FC

Dens park is a shithole. But its a great stadium.

Shithole? :thumbsdown

But, yeah, that's kinda the point. it's not about the aesthetics. It's about what makes a good place to watch a game. Now take the old Broomfield. What a dump, but there was something about that ground that would turn the most civilised spectator into a foaming mouthed banshee for 90 minutes. You could get a great atmoshphere there with 2,000 home fans and a few hundred in the away support.

Shithole? :thumbsdown

But, yeah, that's kinda the point. it's not about the aesthetics. It's about what makes a good place to watch a game. Now take the old Broomfield. What a dump, but there was something about that ground that would turn the most civilised spectator into a foaming mouthed banshee for 90 minutes. You could get a great atmoshphere there with 2,000 home fans and a few hundred in the away support.

Agreed. Airdries new stadium looks good (bit tatty) but is absolutely dreadful for atmosphere. Give me a shithole like dens aw day

It doesn't look the best as a ground what with the 2 old fashioned, classic stands and the 2 more modern efforts but for a big game it's unbeatable.

Whisper it but, the derry modifications make it look a bit tidier and modern for me. Just need a millionaire to extend the roof along towards the cox, clad the roof to match the main stand and get the whole lot safe standing! Then we would have the best stand in Scotland.

Its a shithole shouldn't be in same street as tannadice with the ga arena wee have dens makes the street mess

"Его дерьмо отверстие не должно быть в той же улице, как свалка с га арене пи имеют норы делает улицы беспорядок". Независимо, День светиться дрочить.

Obviously someone who doesn't get around much.

It was dumb. I'd get my arse felt if I did something like that, and I doubt if it will go unnoticed. We should stay clear of that sort of thing.

Charlie Duthie is a belter anyway.

RawB93, on 29 Jul 2015 - 18:18, said:

Charlie Duthie is a belter anyway.

Charlie Duthie's the DJ is he not? The guy on the pitch regularly says he'll hand 'it' back to Charlie Duthie in the Wave 102 box, so wasn't him that made the comment.

Charlie Duthie's the DJ is he not? The guy on the pitch regularly says he'll hand 'it' back to Charlie Duthie in the Wave 102 box, so wasn't him that made the comment.

Wasn't there. Just assumed it was him.

Bain

McGinn McPake Konrad Holt

Thomson

Stewart Ross

Harkins

Hemmings Loy

Thats my team for kille, don't like the diamond but think he will go with it, makes us to narrow IMO, Julen will be pushing for a start, I change my mind on Tank all the time, bags of ability and can do the hard stuff with no space/time but to often his decision making is terrible!

Bain

McGinn McPake Konrad Holt

Thomson

Stewart Ross

Harkins

Hemmings Loy

Thats my team for kille, don't like the diamond but think he will go with it, makes us to narrow IMO, Julen will be pushing for a start, I change my mind on Tank all the time, bags of ability and can do the hard stuff with no space/time but to often his decision making is terrible!

I like that but would be surprised if Hartley goes with such an attack-minded lineup on day one, away from home.

I predict:

Bain

McGinn, McPake, Julen, Holt

Thomson, Ferry

Stewart, Harkins, Ross

Hemmings

I like that but would be surprised if Hartley goes with such an attack-minded lineup on day one, away from home.

I predict:

Bain

McGinn, McPake, Julen, Holt

Thomson, Ferry

Stewart, Harkins, Ross

Hemmings

Thats my exact team but swap ferry for McGowan once he is match sharp.

Genuinely think McGowan will struggle to get in the team this season. At this point in time I place Thomson, low, Harkins, ross and even ferry ahead of him

Each to their own but I'm struggling to get behind that one.

Thomson is our best player but only fit 50-66% of the time. Harkins is better on his day which is about 50-75% of the time. Then it's McGowan who is an industrious, nuisance, nasty horrible wee c**t with a good touch and eye for a pass 100% of the time.

For that reason alone he's our best option in the middle. You'll not convince me 2 squad players from Aberdeen and caley and a boy who had a holocaust of a season in ferry are better than him based on a decent pre season.

I hope he's been busy in pre season in dev games or something. If not he needs blooded in gradually but ASAP.

Love the guy.

Edited by Deefiant