All things Dundee FC

31 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Tay fm asking if hearts players have chucked it and are playing poor on purpose to get Neilson to go 

Do you think that’s what has been happening this season at Dundee......or do you think it’s just a case of two poor, tactically inept managers?

8 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

All the results are going against us, fantastic. I think we tend to get results when this happens though, so here's hoping that happens again.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

This is quite a set of horrendous results for us today as it stands. Only increases pressure on tonight.

With all due respect to the clubs involved (not least with their much smaller budgets), it just shows how bad our season has been that after 20 games we are eagerly looking at their results in the hope of clinging onto a play off spot.  

6 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

With all due respect to the clubs involved (not least with their much smaller budgets), it just shows how bad our season has been that after 20 games we are eagerly looking at their results in the hope of clinging onto a play off spot.  

It's been a disastrous season for pretty much most clubs. I don't think there's been a manager in the division that hasn't been under deserved pressure this season. Hearts being allowed to stroll it as they have is a disgrace.

Whilst obvious that results haven't been kind to us this afternoon, the facts are if we go out and win at home we will go level on points with second placed Raith.

QoS have just pulled off a brilliant win at Tynecastle, it's over to McPake and the team to show their capabilities for the run in. If anyone has hopes of going up in the play offs ( I certainly don't) then we'd have to start performing well and winning games like this. There's no point in slithering into the play offs playing as we have most of the season - it'll get us nowhere.

I've seen a few rumours about Adam being suspended and don't actually know if he is; if not him for McGowan and Fontaine for Fisher would be the only changes from last weeks team that would be acceptable.

The only thing i fear is James McPake - if we get our strongest team on the park ( including McDaid) we should compete well in most games.

Thank you.

23 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

This is quite a set of horrendous results for us today as it stands. Only increases pressure on tonight.

Fear not Ludo, we always rise to the pressure and put in a top performance when things go against us....I’m enjoying a few beers which will hopefully soften the inevitable blow later on! 

thank you. 

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's been a disastrous season for pretty much most clubs. I don't think there's been a manager in the division that hasn't been under deserved pressure this season. Hearts being allowed to stroll it as they have is a disgrace.

Yeh, I’d agree with that.  Makes it all the more galling that Nelms thought it was best to bring in a completely inexperienced manager and allow him to learn on the job instead of an experienced manager that would get us out of this division.

6 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Yeh, I’d agree with that.  Makes it all the more galling that Nelms thought it was best to bring in a completely inexperienced manager and allow him to learn on the job instead of an experienced manager that would get us out of this division.

I'd have accepted an inexperienced manager. I accepted giving McPake a punt last season - it was a horrific decision that should been ended after the first Derby or at Christmas when we were so far behind United.

I'd accept another relatively inexperienced manager (not a complete newbie) but he's got to have shown something within his managerial career! McPake has shown nothing and he's now been a manager for 2 year.

2 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Looking forward to Neilsons impending doom. His rotten football might not have led to two trophies had it not been for McPake.

His arrogant attitude will lead to his demise, the Hearts fans will get what they want soon enough. 

Thank you.

Amongst all the doom and gloom can I thank you for reminding me of one of John Squire’s greatest painting - Double Dorsal.  

Genuine thanks.

24 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

I've seen a few rumours about Adam being suspended and don't actually know if he is; if not him for McGowan and Fontaine for Fisher would be the only changes from last weeks team that would be acceptable.

He is suspended. He wouldn’t have been if the BBC had used their normal Friday night slot for this (he’d have missed the Ayr game instead). 

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/7600/los34-18-march-2021.pdf