All things Dundee FC

21 minutes ago, Wieghortsnut said:

There must be some kind of tax dodge or allowance for what hes doing with the club, like you say a year on year loss with no real income to speak but he's still here. Its all a bit strange imo. But there is alot of clubs that are in the same boat.

There must be a American tax law that they are using to their advantage by own an overseas company

TBH, I think a lot of owners are going to get a surprise when they realise there are no draft picks available in the SPFL

Guest Wieghortsnut
13 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Ah, so we are shite on purpose?

Didn't mean it like that mate, just my opinion. There must be some reason they are sticking around because its clearly not to make money

4 minutes ago, Wieghortsnut said:

Didn't mean it like that mate, just my opinion. There must be some reason they are sticking around because its clearly not to make money

I know bud, I was just joking. It does come across as sarcastic. Apologies.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

Serious discussion now folks...

I know that this current situation is down to the man in charge of the first team, who was selected by Nelms, who was selected by Keyes.

Surely it must come to a point in time where Keyes will stop ploughing good money in, constantly losing it year after year. At the end of the day he is a businessman and has no real emotional connection to the club. When does he bin his own investment and pull out? What then? We are hardly tempting for investors. Has Nelms also got a finger in the financial pie? Although they must take a portion of the blame, they will must look at the spreadsheets and have targets that have probably only been met once when we sold Jack Hendry. 

I have serious concerns, not only for the team on the pitch but the club as a whole.

This is not going to be particularly popular but i can only assume Keyes is serious about building a stadium of some description, along with other linked facilities.  Keyes would then benefit from the renting of the stadium with an additional income from the other facilities.

Does Keyes also hope to ground share with United - giving him additional income?

Does Keyes think the two clubs will eventually amalgamate?

Who really knows?  

Recent results from Facebook’s parent company suggest companies are cutting back in their advertisement / sponsoring budget and I really can’t see some big TV deal coming to fruition.  I just don’t see where the owners of Dundee, or United for that matter, think they will make money off of 5,6,7 thousand supporters every second week.

3 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

This is not going to be particularly popular but i can only assume Keyes is serious about building a stadium of some description, along with other linked facilities.  Keyes would then benefit from the renting of the stadium with an additional income from the other facilities.

Does Keyes also hope to ground share with United - giving him additional income?

Does Keyes think the two clubs will eventually amalgamate?

Who really knows?  

Recent results from Facebook’s parent company suggest companies are cutting back in their advertisement / sponsoring budget and I really can’t see some big TV deal coming to fruition.  I just don’t see where the owners of Dundee, or United for that matter, think they will make money off of 5,6,7 thousand supporters every second week.

I would suggest amalgamation is completely off the table, at any point, ever.

Ground sharing makes complete financial sense, as it would be making money every week, not just every 2nd week, through hospo, kiosk sales and stadium advertising would be on the telly every week.

4 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I would suggest amalgamation is completely off the table, at any point, ever.

Ground sharing makes complete financial sense, as it would be making money every week, not just every 2nd week, through hospo, kiosk sales and stadium advertising would be on the telly every week.

It's an unpleasant subject, but putting a new, custom built shared ground with kiosks, fan zones etc on the current joint site would be a decent option IMO. The Tannadice end becomes the new "Shed", the Dens end is the new Derry.

The main issue there is we'd both need to move elsewhere during construction. And folk would detest it as an idea!

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

It's an unpleasant subject, but putting a new, custom built shared ground with kiosks, fan zones etc on the current joint site would be a decent option IMO. The Tannadice end becomes the new "Shed", the Dens end is the new Derry.

The main issue there is we'd both need to move elsewhere during construction. And folk would detest it as an idea!

Or we could make it on the Camperdown site as proposed and stay at our grounds until completion?

Guest Wieghortsnut
55 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I know bud, I was just joking. It does come across as sarcastic. Apologies.

No worries mate. We are all getting throughly fucked off with whats going on at the club and something has to give soon

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Or we could make it on the Camperdown site as proposed and stay at our grounds until completion?

I'd genuinely be against moving from where we are right now, unless it was totally unsustainable.

Tannadice is obviously our home, and Dens has hosted some our greatest ever days (and one we won't mention). If there was a way of producing a modern, sustainable stadium on that site, I'd bite your hand off.

11 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'd genuinely be against moving from where we are right now, unless it was totally unsustainable.

Tannadice is obviously our home, and Dens has hosted some our greatest ever days (and one we won't mention). If there was a way of producing a modern, sustainable stadium on that site, I'd bite your hand off.

I guess it's because there's not much room for expansion or to put anything in between because of the roads, housing etc..

But it's a nice idea.

Edited by johnnydun

I’m a lot older than most posters. I’ve had over 40 years of this absolute shite. 9 years of financial stability and we’re no better on the park. Hard to believe it’s possible.
I’d almost consider the A word. United are obviously a wee bit better at the moment but Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs have a significant advantage over both teams.
Lots of us wouldn’t like it but with a bit of investment, a bit of luck bringing success and I think most would come to accept it.

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

I’m a lot older than most posters. I’ve had over 40 years of this absolute shite. 9 years of financial stability and we’re no better on the park. Hard to believe it’s possible.
I’d almost consider the A word. United are obviously a wee bit better at the moment but Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs have a significant advantage over both teams.
Lots of us wouldn’t like it but with a bit of investment, a bit of luck bringing success and I think most would come to accept it.

Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

3 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I think both teams would lose half their support and you would be in the same position league wise but minus 2 proper clubs and all the history that went with them.

16 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Oh Spud. No. Just no.