All things Dundee FC

6 minutes ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

Check out the goal last night and you'll see that McMullen gets beat far too easily

Bigger bug-bear for me was Byrne's total lack of awareness/effort to close their guy down and prevent the cross which he could have done easily. Other teams work hard to ensure we don't get time, we have Byrne sauntering around even though he came on as a sub and should have had plenty of energy. We need players willing to put their body on the line, hopefully Gowser can come back in and do that, though its pretty dire when we're at the stage that the lack of options are so clearly limited. 

25 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

But, but, but..........you're just contradicting yourself here. He's not making an arse of anything, he's been left with a pile of fucking shite, that he has at least got more organised, and there's a bit more fight about them as well. What else is he supposed to do, with an injury/covid ravaged squad?

There's zero contradiction. I'd expect a League One squad to put on a better show and be as equally organised without being so negative.

There absolutely isn't more fight either as was evidenced by the Livi performance and the mind-numbing attempts to get near Hibs box when they were down to 10.

That is not 'pretty good'. No ifs, no buts.

Despite his height, Rudden isn't a link-up player, who will win headers and bring other people into play imho, he's a penalty box striker. Unfortunately, due to the "decision making" of our previous clown in charge, our options are limited to say the least...

11 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Despite his height, Rudden isn't a link-up player, who will win headers and bring other people into play imho, he's a penalty box striker. 

As far as I saw he struggled to do anything at Partick unless he had Brian Graham beside him winning everything.

10 hours ago, Fifespud said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree but St Mirren only had 1 meaningful shot on target tonight. The players are still trying very hard, to me that means they’ve accepted McGhee and as we are only 1 point behind Sainties, who are also shite, I’m retaining hope.

Are the players trying hard ? Certainly on the park they aren't. 1 shot in 4 games. 

I expect effort or something. These boys out there have there contracts for next season. Performances have been horrendous.  The writing was on the wall before the season kicked off. To even think we wouldn't be in a relegation fight this season is madness ( and yes prediction wise people thought this). 

Sad thing is for a personal point of you, I just couldn't give a f**k, however what I want with Mcpake going now I feel is now too late. Except the championship and see how we get on.  ( and glad I'm not the only negative one these days ). 

Leave on a positive for today..... we are still a club... new stadium soon 🙂

Edited by Robin.Hood

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:
He did. Not at the time he was given the bullet though that was just utter fucking stupidity.
Should have been done before January. By the time the deadline was closed, he should have just got the season.
McGhee has had worse results than the reverse fixtures against the same opposition so far. Again, I'm in no way saying this situation is McGhee's fault because it's not, it's 100% on Nelms but he's still making an arse of a very, very difficult and limited opportunity IMO. We are doing him the favours here rather than him us so far as we are taking care of his ban.

McPake should have been gone after the 0-5 County game.

Let's be brutally honest - he should have gone after the play-off final.  How many of us actually thought he'd do a job in the top league?  The best we could say was he had earned the chance to fail.  

The fact that we're stuck with practically the same squad next season fills my soul with melancholy. I presume any manager I would personally like us to hire in the summer would not be keen on taking on a squad which is practically already signed up for next season.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

As far as I saw he struggled to do anything at Partick unless he had Brian Graham beside him winning everything.

That’s not quite true - he definitely benefited from having Graham next to him to do some of the dirty work, and it’s correct that he’s not a target man, but he did have games up front by himself where he played very well and he can do the link up stuff, albeit it’s very hit and miss.

His best work is in the penalty box or just generally being a nuisance for defenders though. If the rest of the team can create chances for him, then he should do fine - from a quick read here, it seems like they absolutely cannot create chances for him though.

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

That’s not quite true - he definitely benefited from having Graham next to him to do some of the dirty work, and it’s correct that he’s not a target man, but he did have games up front by himself where he played very well and he can do the link up stuff, albeit it’s very hit and miss.

His best work is in the penalty box or just generally being a nuisance for defenders though. If the rest of the team can create chances for him, then he should do fine - from a quick read here, it seems like they absolutely cannot create chances for him though.

Guess he’s fcuked.

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Let's be brutally honest - he should have gone after the play-off final.  How many of us actually thought he'd do a job in the top league?   

Answer is quite a few. Because I was arguing like f**k on my tod about how I wanted a manager who beat an awful Kilmarnock team in the play off sacked.

It was all about giving him a chance was the mindset of many.

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

But, but, but..........you're just contradicting yourself here. He's not making an arse of anything, he's been left with a pile of fucking shite, that he has at least got more organised, and there's a bit more fight about them as well. What else is he supposed to do, with an injury/covid ravaged squad?

Also, what's peoples thoughts on Charlie boy? because this perma-crock state is no use to anyone. I would also like to tell Mullen to f**k right off, but realise that's not realistic, owing to the absolute mess McPake has left us in.

Thank you.

Well said. The players ran their arses off tonight but it was clear they are not up to the physical standard of this league (being fucked early in the 2nd half) and simply not good enough.

The squad is fucking shite and we'll have to play defensively because we are utter pish and it gives us the merest glimmer of a chance of the play offs.

If we go down we're stuck with alot of McPakes duds for another season. Unfortunately it might take a couple years to get the pathetic mess that McPake has created to f**k out of our club.

We might have to go down and with a bit of luck a new manager could bring in enough good players to get us straight back up whilst harbouring the diddies that will manifest the squad. 

I'm afraid years of bad decisions, appalling recruitment and a lack of professionalism has seen us hit rock bottom. McGhee takes none of the blame for me, especially after widespread Covid issues. He's had one horror match against Livi where he chose a line up he never would've with more knowledge of the squad.

Why people are going on about St Mirren possibly being four up is strange aswell. We shouldve been 5 behind at Tynecastle the other week but ultimately the result was a win and it got swept under the carpet. The results all that matters and we almost got a point which would've helped us.

The squad we have is utter shite, we should go down because we are the worst team in the league. However there is still a chance. Good luck to McGhee and Rusk they need it.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Robin.Hood said:

Answer is quite a few. Because I was arguing like f**k on my tod about how I wanted a manager who beat an awful Kilmarnock team in the play off sacked.

It was all about giving him a chance was the mindset of many.

Which is what I said

24 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Which is what I said

N even then its a load of shite. We deserve it from the point of you the squad Mcpake has assembled is pish. Majority of the squad is championship standard. 

Rossi however will have some record. 2 clubs 2 relegations in 2 seasons. Impressive 

27 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Well said. The players ran their arses off tonight but it was clear they are not up to the physical standard of this league (being fucked early in the 2nd half) and simply not good enough.

The squad is fucking shite and we'll have to play defensively because we are utter pish and it gives us the merest glimmer of a chance of the play offs.

If we go down we're stuck with alot of McPakes duds for another season. Unfortunately it might take a couple years to get the pathetic mess that McPake has created to f**k out of our club.

We might have to go down and with a bit of luck a new manager could bring in enough good players to get us straight back up whilst harbouring the diddies that will manifest the squad. 

I'm afraid years of bad decisions, appalling recruitment and a lack of professionalism has seen us hit rock bottom. McGhee takes none of the blame for me, especially after widespread Covid issues. He's had one horror match against Livi where he chose a line up he never would've with more knowledge of the squad.

Why people are going on about St Mirren possibly being four up is strange aswell. We shouldve been 5 behind at Tynecastle the other week but ultimately the result was a win and it got swept under the carpet. The results all that matters and we almost got a point which would've helped us.

The squad we have is utter shite, we should go down because we are the worst team in the league. However there is still a chance. Good luck to McGhee and Rusk they need it.

Thank you.

Ultimately the result was a loss then.

Poorer than the reverse fixture.

28 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

People who act like it was ever gonna be our choice are weird.

If you really are past caring this season then why don't you stop coming on here and dragging everyone else down aswell. We've heard it multiple times now, no need to say it anymore.

The players we have are rancid. We have a championship squad and are heading to where we should with these players McPake has assembled.

We have a small glimmer of hope if McGhee can get us performances such as the Motherwell game with ten players out. Applauded off the park on Saturday (were you there? Highly doubt it).

We're in a shit state and we can only hope McGhee can conjure something up. If we go down we can have absolutely no complaints as the majority of players we have aren't good enough.

I wanted McPake out and change at the club. We're not even in the beginning of the transition. No manager can turn these donkeys into racehorses. McPakes catastrophic decisions will be with us until at least summer 2023. We have a long road ahead.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Robin.Hood said:

N even then its a load of shite. We deserve it from the point of you the squad Mcpake has assembled is pish. Majority of the squad is championship standard. 

Rossi however will have some record. 2 clubs 2 relegations in 2 seasons. Impressive 

Where is the load of shite in my post?  

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Ultimately the result was a loss then.

Poorer than the reverse fixture.

St Mirren had the better team both physically and technically. That usually wins you games. We are utter shite and will be until alot of these diddies leave the club.

Get over it.

Thank you.

Just now, Dundee-FC92 said:

St Mirren had the better team both physically and technically. That usually wins you games. We are utter shite and will be until alot of these diddies leave the club.

Get over it.

Thank you.

We'd beat and drawn with them in the previous two fixtures.

I can't get over us going down so limply under a clueless buffoon that's only current defence is that he replaced another clueless buffoon.