All things Dundee FC

12 minutes ago, Crawford said:

If they get their development, they won't be investing more in Dundee FC, it will just be part of the maintainence from income.

They really couldn't give a flying F what division we are in, as long as they get their project sooner rather later. 

The club is less expensive for them the longer we stay up but it's really inconsequential.

Stadium income, rental income and let the cash roll in. Screw the club and the supporters.

Sounds about right, and can see a coupling with @harry94's post on TDB that they might look for a low end investor to run the operational side of the club once they have their stadium under construction.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Sounds about right, and can see a coupling with @harry94's post on TDB that they might look for a low end investor to run the operational side of the club once they have their stadium under construction.

Might Orgen it. Does Keyes or Nelms have a son that might want a football club as a hobby?

All jokes aside, seems to be working for them.

3 minutes ago, Peadar BigDinnerO'Driscoll said:

Imagine losing 3 nil at home in a QF and not having a shot on target....poor ol United.

Amazing how similar the stats from both games are.  

I really think a number of Dees on here are being overly critical of McGhee, despite the fact he can only pick from a squad of players who McPake laughably thought were good enough and balanced enough to shape into a team capable of competing in the top flight.  

What I really can’t understand are the supporters apparently unwilling to give McGhee any sort chance, yet they were more than willing to defend McPake and McCann well after the stage where it was utterly obvious that neither had, nor ever would have, the necessary skills to be successful managers.

To reiterate, McGhee would not have been my choice of manager but I’m definitely going to give him more of a chance than others appear willing to do.

I really think a number of Dees on here are being overly critical of McGhee, despite the fact he can only pick from a squad of players who McPake laughably thought were good enough and balanced enough to shape into a team capable of competing in the top flight.  
What I really can’t understand are the supporters apparently unwilling to give McGhee any sort chance, yet they were more than willing to defend McPake and McCann well after the stage where it was utterly obvious that neither had, nor ever would have, the necessary skills to be successful managers.
To reiterate, McGhee would not have been my choice of manager but I’m definitely going to give him more of a chance than others appear willing to do.

I’m in your camp, totally. Hands tied with a shite squad, followed by a Covid outbreak and injuries to key players.

I've been watching Scottish football for nearly 40 years now ( 🧐 ) and bar a brief spell in the second half of the 80s, and some brief hubris under Stainrod (early 90s), the spending-imaginary-money-team, and a little bit of smugness when Jocky Scott signed a young Leigh Griffiths, Dundee have been largely poor. More often that not, the fans seething, humiliated, or both.

And I can't think of another club run by such a rogues gallery of crooks, chancers, fantasists and absentee landlords, from Cook, through Ron Dixon, the dalliance with Giovanni di Stefano, Melville, to the current incumbent, who seems to be Ron Dixon Mark II. The fans should have kept control, and may have to step in again.

12 hours ago, Fifespud said:

I’m in your camp, totally. Hands tied with a shite squad, followed by a Covid outbreak and injuries to key players.

He shouldn't have even been considered for the job is the over riding issue.

Outstanding match ban for being a sound choice?

The cronyism at Dens is second only to Boris and friends. Makes me sick.

19 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

That’s how I see things. Can only pish wi the cock you’ve been given. 

2 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Can I offer my services as Head Of Professional Contracts? We’ll be needing a new keeper, back 4, 3 midfielders and 4 strikers by the time I’ve punted a few. 

Fun fact: we have over 30 players contracted for next season.

7 hours ago, Crawford said:

He shouldn't have even been considered for the job is the over riding issue.

Outstanding match ban for being a sound choice?

The cronyism at Dens is second only to Boris and friends. Makes me sick.

Let’s be brutally honest here.  McPake should never have been considered for the job given his unbelievably limited CV and his apparent poor communication skills.  Unfortunately some in our support thought because he gave his all when he was a player for us that somehow equates to him being a true Dee and potentially a good manager.  In fact, despite it being blatantly obvious early on that he was not up to the task, far too many Dundee fans thought he deserved more time.  

I’m left wondering why McPake was given so long by large sections of our support to prove himself, yet McGhee has been lucky if he has been given 2-3 matches to prove himself.

12 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I’m left wondering why McPake was given so long by large sections of our support to prove himself, yet McGhee has been lucky if he has been given 2-3 matches to prove himself.

I think it's more to do with us reaching a point of being sick of failures of managers and no positive appointments.

6 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Let’s be brutally honest here.  McPake should never have been considered for the job given his unbelievably limited CV and his apparent poor communication skills.  Unfortunately some in our support thought because he gave his all when he was a player for us that somehow equates to him being a true Dee and potentially a good manager.  In fact, despite it being blatantly obvious early on that he was not up to the task, far too many Dundee fans thought he deserved more time.  

McGhee is a known quantity with his proven (poor) record, add to that the 6 match ban add to that his assistant was has boss last time he was near a hot seat, Mcpake as I understand it was a young up and coming youth coach doing good things with the unders, was he the correct choice,no, but I’d say he was worth a punt, unfortunately for Us and him it didn’t work out and I’d hope we all wish him well in future wherever he goes(dabs being the obvious exception)

14 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Watch out mate, some people don't like support for McGhee.