All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, derrybiy said:

It also reminded me of Philip Roberts. He's played at 16 clubs in 8 years since playing for dundee but he's still employed without totally losing it.

Shambolic stats on wiki. Did he really only play 8 games for us? I can only remember him being pretty decent against Celtic at home.

6 hours ago, Andershen said:

Shambolic stats on wiki. Did he really only play 8 games for us? I can only remember him being pretty decent against Celtic at home.

This - a bright sunny day at Dens and he was marauding down the right wing. It was another false dawn sadly. 

10 hours ago, derrybiy said:

I'm very happy with Robinson coming back. Hopefully we have someone who links up as well with him as Jakubiak did.

I just seen a courier headline of 10 years of Keyes and Nelms and it shocked me that's it's been that long. I'm still expecting the day where the stadium plans are ruled out and then surely Keyes would just sell because I don't see what he gets out of it. Nelms mismanagement aside the past 10 years has at least kept us going without having to worry about immediately being in the shit again.

I was too young to take in the problems we had when we were fan owned before they took over and the idea of being fan owned still appeals slightly to me. Was it just that it was financially unsustainable to aim for the premiership with our debt and nobody to write off the losses? Or was it fan infighting and no confidence of whoever was chosen to be in the blazers at the time?

You need to be really lucky and have, maybe 3, talented folks who really know what they’re doing, good business brains, financially savvy and with a wee bit of football nouse to get you started. When you have folk in charge who don’t know the importance of paying the VAT man you’re fucked. The events of September 2010 for instance. 

8 hours ago, Andershen said:

I only remember his game against celtic and the gif of him doing something stupid when he was subbed or sent off off with falkirk. I think he kicked or chucked the bottles on the way up the tunnel.

I understand that French, Portales and Robinson are missing from that squad but when you see it on paper you realise just how threadbare it is. Some experienced additions required. I see that Byrne has retained his position on the bench despite the change in management. 

Edited by Jimmy Baker

7 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Sitter for a 3rd there.

Aye really should've buried it, but I want him to score with his head for the 3rd anyway to make it a perfect hat-trick lol

Anderson's goal was really nice too, Trialist ball to Rudden who dummies nicely to set Max on his way. A very pleasant watch so far, enjoying the Brechin ultras.

18 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Aye really should've buried it, but I want him to score with his head for the 3rd anyway to make it a perfect hat-trick lol

Anderson's goal was really nice too, Trialist ball to Rudden who dummies nicely to set Max on his way. A very pleasant watch so far, enjoying the Brechin ultras.

How's the trialist looking?

23 hours ago, locheedee said:

The courier is saying the trialist is Jacob Jones, formerly of Forest Green

So it is him, fair enough. I guess that facial hair of his hides the Robert Z'Dar jaw I saw on Google Images.

23 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

How's the trialist looking?

He was decent enough, few good through balls and crosses as well as decent tackles, was a bit sloppy in bits including the pass for the goal (through from my perspective it looked like the young CB Crowther being bullied off the ball was more the cause).

His free kick was nicely placed and cut right through their wall. He certainly didn't struggle with this Brechin side, will be curious how he gets on in the upcoming games.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee