All things Dundee FC

21 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I was there.

Yep, me too, lovely enjoyable sunny afternoon.

On that fucking cliff I may add, which was fun. At the age of 19 I had no knowledge of such things as a risk assessment, lol.

Best goal that afternoon, imho, was by the talented equally young man below.

tosh.jpg.e466649855ac7eb355e3b0e41d7555de.jpg

25 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

On that fucking cliff I may add, which was fun. At the age of 19 I had no knowledge of such things as a risk assessment, lol.

That’s for sure. He’d be worth gazillions now. Totally suit the modern bombing on full back. 

on the subject of games back in the day we’re you TCM at the game against Rangers when Bomber scored the hat-trick?

Edited by Fifespud

8 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

It was a cracker right enough.  That said, me and the old man were behind the goal and to the right so got a perfect view of Brown's header - it went in like a bullet.  

Ah f**k, all 4 goals were crackers! 

15 hours ago, Fifespud said:

That’s for sure. He’d be worth gazillions now. Totally suit the modern bombing on full back. 

on the subject of games back in the day we’re you TCM at the game against Rangers when Bomber scored the hat-trick?

For sure Spudgun, without checking the interweb I recall it finished 3 - 2 and one of the goals was a maybe a penalty?

Also recall a 1 - 0 victory over Old Rangers when Brown scored with about 3 minutes left. That day my friends father was on holiday so I had the spare ticket in the posh seats, centre main stand, virtually at the front. Back then you'll remember the stand enclosure was given on occasion to the away club for standing only and when the ball hit the net at the Provie Road end needless to say we went wild.

Next thing we knew, coins were flying all around us from below. Never seen so many one and two pence pieces fly through the air at once, lol. 

17 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

For sure Spudgun, without checking the interweb I recall it finished 3 - 2 and one of the goals was a maybe a penalty?

Also recall a 1 - 0 victory over Old Rangers when Brown scored with about 3 minutes left. That day my friends father was on holiday so I had the spare ticket in the posh seats, centre main stand, virtually at the front. Back then you'll remember the stand enclosure was given on occasion to the away club for standing only and when the ball hit the net at the Provie Road end needless to say we went wild.

Next thing we knew, coins were flying all around us from below. Never seen so many one and two pence pieces fly through the air at once, lol. 

I was at that 1-0 game, vividly remember Bomber looping it over Chris Woods and a raging Rangers fan putting in a bus window on the Provie Road right after the match.

6 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

1 was a penalty which my memory tells the keeper go both hands to but couldn’t keep out - a net buster, 1 was a free kick and 1 he ran almost the length of the park beating about 5 men. No wonder Rangers signed him. 
Looking  for highlights of this I came across another game against Rangers a couple of months later. Graeme Harvey’s debut, he was up front with Walker MacCall. Cowboy scored 2 goals, headers from corners and Iain Ferguson, once of our parish, replied with 2 too. Ferguson looked great in that game tbh. Our ex CEO Dave MacKinnon was playing for them and Shaky Stephen came on towards the end and looked decent. 

6 hours ago, Dee-funked said:

I was at that 1-0 game, vividly remember Bomber looping it over Chris Woods and a raging Rangers fan putting in a bus window on the Provie Road right after the match.

Think it was before the Chris Woods era. Peter McCloy in goal in the 2 games I’m on about. 

13 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Think it was before the Chris Woods era. Peter McCloy in goal in the 2 games I’m on about. 

Pretty certain Woods was in the goal at Dens when we won 1-0 in 1986 with Bomber scoring the winner. Think he became their no.1 at the start of that season.

54 minutes ago, Dee-funked said:

Pretty certain Woods was in the goal at Dens when we won 1-0 in 1986 with Bomber scoring the winner. Think he became their no.1 at the start of that season.

You’re right. The game where Cowboy scored 2 was 85, before Woods came in 86. Soz. 

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

1 was a penalty which my memory tells the keeper go both hands to but couldn’t keep out - a net buster, 1 was a free kick and 1 he ran almost the length of the park beating about 5 men. No wonder Rangers signed him. 
Looking  for highlights of this I came across another game against Rangers a couple of months later. Graeme Harveys debut, he was up front with Walker MacCall. Cowboy scored 2 goals, headers from corners and Iain Ferguson, once of our parish, replied with 2 too. Ferguson looked great in that game tbh. Our ex CEO Dave MacKinnon was playing for them and Shaky Stephen came on towards the end and looked decent. 

As a 10 year old we moved house from near Dens Park to Broughty Ferry. Didn't know anyone as insisted upon staying at Clepington Primary, then later onto Morgan Academy. However on the bright side, Dave MacKinnon bought a house a few doors up after signing from Arsenal on a free transfer, pretty fucking cool to a 10 year old Dark Blue I can tell you.

Graham Harvey, never seen anyone before or since lead a front line single-handedly when required with such ease. The out-ball stuck to him, held it up then brought others to the party at will. Good goalscorer also and had he possessed any pace and indeed work ethic would arguably have been the most complete striker I'd seen play for us.

Recall a cup-tie replay at Tannadice, we're 2 - 0 down, Graham Harvey comes on, brings it back to 2 - 2 and then into extra time. Goes on to score again putting us 3 - 2 up, referee running back to centre circle until Hegarty and/or Narey fucking creating a salty scene and the goal is disallowed.

That Dundee United team of the 80's were good, however the Archie Knox and Jocky Scott era weren't too shabby either, imho.  

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Heard a rumour of Marcel Oakley being looked at. 

Could be true and could be a load of pish but throwing it out there anyway.

Thank you. 

Can only imagine he’s seen as a wing back in the Doc’s 5,3,2. Don’t think it’s a priority. 

Will reply in more detail re Graeme Harvey tomorrow. 

Is it just me or in the last 2/3 years we’ve actually had a not bad “injury record “ like I feel going as far back we’ve alway had like 3/4 key players just constantly broken 

the treatment table as it stands is really only Reilly ( f**k knows what’s wrong with him) and French but he’s on the way back pretty much have a full squad 

Serious question because I am both neither an athlete or intelligent, but if a player is injured and they don't play for a certain amount of time, do they get sick level pay or are they still payed the full amount? 

I'd have thought the full amount because being injured is expected at some stage right?

Contracted to recieve x per annum, plus match squad bonus, playing bonus, goal bonus and performance bonus on pro rata basis is my understanding.

If they are injured, they are only entitled to their basic.  Club insurance may be invoked to cover this if required.