All things Dundee FC

8 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I thought he wasn't impressing much for you guys? 

Here's a take from their thread.

On 30/12/2023 at 20:42, Colkitto said:

French on the other hand could go back to Dundee in January, but he's not back to the player he was before his injury yet. He's been competent for us without being outstanding. In saying that I hope he stays as he has more to give.

43 minutes ago, Netan Sansara said:

Would make sense as a loan though. He could easily play in that team and from liverpools point of view it’s another step up for him. 

Yeah, wasn't sure if they could loan him out to another club.

Absolutely gutted about Beck but I wish him all the very best.  

I just have to remind myself that some birds aren’t meant to be caged.  Their feathers are just too bright and when they fly away the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice.  But still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty now that they’re gone.  I guess I just miss our friend. *

*there may be a bit of plagiarism involved in this post which I really shouldn’t do ‘cause there’s always someone, somewhere with a big nose who knows and who trips you up and laughs when you fall……..

Edited by Shadow Play

This isn't a disaster with Beck IMO.

He was so clearly a class above and obviously will have an impact on this seasons finish now. If we look at it in the grand scheme we would've had him until May before he left. Our upcoming success/failure won't lie on what was a loan player.

After Perth away it became clear we had a real talent on our hands. Some of his marauding up the pitch with the ball has been outstanding but his defending has also been top notch including against Maeda last week. It's been a pleasure and wish the boy all the success in the world.

Fully trust the Doc and his team to bring in a suitable replacement (hopefully with thoughts on them being a part of next season). If we can get the right man in it may well prevent what would've been a tough spot to replace in the summer.

We're only dealing with what we would've had to in the summer. Dont have a clue why the Perth morons would be laughing in their predicament.

Thank you.

If we were to be looking at replacements I've always liked the look of James Penrice of Livi. Maybe someone who has seen more of him could squash that thought but from what I've seen he'd be a solid choice and worth a PCA in this window.

For tomorrow think it's as simple as putting Donnelly LWB and bringing in Lamie who should be fit. The break is coming at a good time for us, just get through tomorrow against the wee haters. I seen alot I liked from Howley in that first half at Rugby Park he should definitely be given another chance tomorrow.

Carson

Howley McGhee Shaughnessy Lamie Donnelly

Mulligan Sylla Boateng

McCowan

Bakayoko

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

If we were to be looking at replacements I've always liked the look of James Penrice of Livi. Maybe someone who has seen more of him could squash that thought but from what I've seen he'd be a solid choice and worth a PCA in this window.

In all seriousness, you were rumoured to have already offered him a deal a few weeks ago.

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

In all seriousness, you were rumoured to have already offered him a deal a few weeks ago.

Thought you had me on ignore?

Go on - press that ignore button and f**k off. New year yet no change from you making up pish.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Doesn't make any sense for Liverpool to sell him. IMO.

Loan him out to pay for his development and then sell him for profit when he has paid himself off.

A good bargaining chip too. Don't see him ever breaking into their first team. Good player at our level.

The apparent belief is that Beck might start for Liverpool in the League Cup SF on Wednesday 10th Jan. Hope this is the case, if only to make it so he could only go back on loan to us.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

On 22/12/2023 at 10:51, kingjoey said:

That ars*h*le Klopp has history for taking loan players back in January when they have done well up here in the first half of the season. Expect Beck to leave soon.

On 26/12/2023 at 21:03, kingjoey said:

Klopp took Danny Ward back from Aberdeen some years back with no intention of playing him. Just wanted extra cover for the goalkeeping position.

I did tell you guys. 100% certainty that he would be recalled.

49 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Hard to believe. He surely wouldn’t be first pick?

Ahead of Greg Taylor? He'd stroll into that Celtic side.