All things Dundee FC

I only have one major issue with it, and it's that there's probably not a more boring EPL club to have existed than Burnley. Out of all the partnerships to foster with an EPL club, it's Burnley.

32 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Perhaps it’s just because I’ve seen so many clubs face financial difficulties in Scottish football over the decades that I fail to see why so-called successful businesspeople decide to “invest” in our clubs. 

It just doesn’t add up for me.

My St Mirren shareholding was purchased in the late 90s to help save our club when we were experiencing massive difficulties following the late 80s early 90s Fitzpatrick-Hay era of “spend-spend-spend”. Thankfully now finally we are fan owned.

I never expected then to get a return on my investment and I don’t now. It was an emotional purchase to preserve our club for future generations - if I suffered then so can they. 😂 

Not all heroes where capes. 

22 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I only have one major issue with it, and it's that there's probably not a more boring EPL club to have existed than Burnley. Out of all the partnerships to foster with an EPL club, it's Burnley.

They did pump Celtic home and away in the Anglo Scottish Cup in 1978 so not all bad. Celtic fans rioted and caused mayhem because they were beaten. TGFITW? Hmm….

IMG_7138.thumb.jpeg.86571b48132e7bb59decdd57d8b803ed.jpeg

IMG_7139.thumb.jpeg.7c69c0055a3f3e82d14c371c36a6b3d8.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Nah…..Bournemouth surely are a worse partnership. 

35 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Probably the most Gammony.

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Hope your "relationship" with Burnley is more successful than the one they had with us , ours ammounted to a friendly v their under 23s at Somerset and a kit that was kinda Burnely-esque. Big talk of it going to be fruitful before it was quietly shelved about a year later 

Had yous not just finished in the playoffs before going on to be utterly shite since?

10 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Hi folks, what are your views on Zak Rudden please.

He reminds me a little of Rory Loy in so much as I keep convincing myself he will come good.

With that in mind, I think if he dropped a division he would actually do well in a team that regularly delivered balls into the box.  He definitely works hard for the team. 

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

Hi folks, what are your views on Zak Rudden please.

He's a decent Championship forward, will score a few in that league, penalty box poacher.

That's about it, that's his level.

Thank you.

15 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

He's a decent Championship forward, will score a few in that league, penalty box poacher.

That's about it, that's his level.

Thank you.

In fairness that'll do us nicely