All things Dundee FC

Young lad at Brechin Got a couple goals today, same with Graham at Montrose 

French and rudden grabbing an assist 

kerr and young Mohammad getting minutes too

We sat back for too long today after scoring and better teams would've strolled ahead.

Have to be fully mindful that we have loads of injuries though and be thankful for the three points. Most importantly we also had class off the bench in Boateng and Mellon to change the course of the match.

Delighted for Robinson who takes so much stick. He's not got the attributes like Rudden to harry defenders and how some fans can't work out what he gives is a mystery to me. He's also been injured the majority of the season. As for Bakayoko that was his best display of the season - not just the goal but his tireless work rate had him looking fit as a fiddle.

I said this weekend a win would propel us in the race for the top six and it's came off. Anything on Tuesday and we should all back the team and really try and reach the top six which I'm sure the target is within the club. The likes of St Mirren are no better than us and we have three games in hand to make up a small amount of points.

If we want to reach there we have to pick up more against the 'big clubs' however. Aberdeen away then Hearts at home in the next week is a perfect place to start.

Onwards and upwards.

Thank you.

We were a good striker away from making a serious top 6 challenge and it now looks like we have that in Mellon. Not taking anything away from Bakayoko because I think he's been brilliant for us all season - but he needed help. 

That win was massive for us because it's a mentality shift, the players when going down to 10 and then conceding a penalty probably thought 'For f**k sake not again' but they dug in and responded so so well. 

Put my neck out there and say even if we shit the bed this season we’re not gonna be 12th and there are most definitely 3 teams worse than us this season so cigars oot lads …leagues ours at a canter

Shaughnessy has been solid for us for pretty much the whole season I believe, but McGhee, and especially Ashcroft deserve praise today. Outstanding. 👏 also thought finlay played very well in the first half, unsure as to why he was subbed but hopefully nothing serious. His decision making and some of his passing was good. Don't think he deserved to be dropped earlier in the season so his inclusion from the start today was a nice surprise. 

Would keep the back 4 for Tuesday. It's telling that while we kept the back 4 in the first half, we reverted to a back 3 before the sending off - before ending the game again with a back 4. Think we're getting the best out of ashcroft in a back 4 (proving he can compete at this level), and it doesn't leave Dodgson all on his own on the left. He didn't have the best game today so here's hoping Beck comes back. 

I don't agree on Howley playing RWB, especially when he didn't rate Cammy at all. Would have mcghee at RWB if Doc insists on the back 3. 

My team for Tuesday. 

Sharp 

Mcghee   Ashcroft    Shags    Dodgson

Finlay (mulligan if fit) Boateng

Costelloe       Tiffoney       Reilly (if fit) 

Mellon

Just now, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Atrocious refereering today, yet again, not convinced by Dodgson, Mellon looks a player though.

Great day out.

happy-mondays-madchester.gif.f9cf2102a33dc12f780e7a045d4d1764.gif

Thank you.

i think Dodgson will be a decent enough defender..unluckily for him he keeps getting compared to beck(who will go on to have a career at the highest level)

11 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

Shaughnessy has been solid for us for pretty much the whole season I believe, but McGhee, and especially Ashcroft deserve praise today. Outstanding. 👏 also thought finlay played very well in the first half, unsure as to why he was subbed but hopefully nothing serious. His decision making and some of his passing was good. Don't think he deserved to be dropped earlier in the season so his inclusion from the start today was a nice surprise. 

Would keep the back 4 for Tuesday. It's telling that while we kept the back 4 in the first half, we reverted to a back 3 before the sending off - before ending the game again with a back 4. Think we're getting the best out of ashcroft in a back 4 (proving he can compete at this level), and it doesn't leave Dodgson all on his own on the left. He didn't have the best game today so here's hoping Beck comes back. 

I don't agree on Howley playing RWB, especially when he didn't rate Cammy at all. Would have mcghee at RWB if Doc insists on the back 3. 

My team for Tuesday. 

Sharp 

Mellon

Some strange choices. Why would Sylla be left out and Bakayoko after what was his best game yet. I personally thought Tiffoney done very little again today and Robertson was one of our worst performers which a few good passes doesn't fix.

Sharp (Carson if fit)

McGhee Astley Sheggur Ashcroft(Lamie if fit) Dodgson

Sylla Boateng Cameron

Mellon Bakayoko

Thank you.

Cameron suits the less physical matches and it freshens it up a bit. Ashcroft and Sharp done okay today but we have better players if fit.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Some strange choices. Why would Sylla be left out and Bakayoko after what was his best game yet. I personally thought Tiffoney done very little again today and Robertson was one of our worst performers which a few good passes doesn't fix.

Sharp (Carson if fit)

McGhee Astley Sheggur Ashcroft(Lamie if fit) Dodgson

Sylla Boateng Cameron

Mellon Bakayoko

Thank you.

Cameron suits the less physical matches and it freshens it up a bit. Ashcroft and Sharp done okay today but we have better players if fit.

Thank you.

Can't disagree with that line up. Cameron will be fine in a midfield when he is pushed further up and he has two behind him breaking up play. Front 2 simply has to be Mellon and Bakayoko, I'm looking forward to seeing that partnership develop over the rest of the season.

Sharp

McGhee Ashcroft Shaughnessy 

Mulligan  Robertson  Sylla  Boateng Reilly

Robinson       Mellon

I thought Robertson and Sylla were very good today and the formation looked more steady. Dodgson I'm not a fan of as he doesn't seem to be good forward and relies on others to track the runners.

Boy on TDBF who is ITK saying that Beck wants to come back to us and it's all ready to go just need Liverpool to give it the go ahead.

16 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Boy on TDBF who is ITK saying that Beck wants to come back to us and it's all ready to go just need Liverpool to give it the go ahead.

OYF, that would be lovely. 

24 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

They're more than covered for lb's now, makes no sense to have him sitting on the bench, fingers crossed.

3 hours ago, LM_0803 said:

My team for Tuesday. 

Sharp 

Mellon

5 at the back for me. Big Sylla in beside Boateng, Cameron for Lyall and Mellon and any from the 3 of Robinson, Main and Bakayoko and obviously Carson if he’s fit. No Costelloe please. 

11 hours ago, Dee Bliss said:

5 at the back for me. Big Sylla in beside Boateng, Cameron for Lyall and Mellon and any from the 3 of Robinson, Main and Bakayoko and obviously Carson if he’s fit. No Costelloe please. 

Cameron for Lyall? You on the beers last night cunto?

If Beck comes back we're looking at:

Carson

Dodgson Astley Shaugnessy Lamie Beck

McCowan Sylla Boateng

Main Mellon

Forgive me for spending the rest of this fine Sunday in a state of erection not seen since the Titanic was raised before being hauled to the seabed.

Away the Dees and roll on Aberdeen. Nothing to fear from that lot outwith Miovski. I always like giving people shite through the honking wee fence aswell.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92