All things Dundee FC

34 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Whereas Rangers have played 75 games without conceding a penalty . . .

They conceded one last month, 3 games ago

Ref done us out the points today. Allowed Hearts back into the game and then Shankland with a bit of magic.

Not a bottlejob - for once (in terms of surrendering leads) - from us today. Just game changing shite referees that can't even use VAR for the exact reason it was brought in for.

And if it is a penalty by the rules, then the rules need fucking changed - yet again - because in no world is it reasonable to give a penalty for that.

27 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Just seen the penalty.

Fucking joke.

VAR certainly hasn’t been our friend.  All I want is a bit of consistency.

And yes, this joke isn’t funny anymore.  It’s too close to home and it’s too near the bone.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

VAR certainly hasn’t been our friend.  All I want is a bit of consistency.

And yes, this joke isn’t funny anymore.  It’s too close to home and it’s too near the bone.

Spot on.

It doesn't make me smile.

I wish I could laugh though.

Thank you.

18 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Don’t suppose anyone knows the financial payout for positions?

Think the difference between finishing 6th and 7th is only incremental,  assuming around the region of 100k. Could be wrong but that's what I remember it being. 

1 minute ago, LM_0803 said:

Think the difference between finishing 6th and 7th is only incremental,  assuming around the region of 100k. Could be wrong but that's what I remember 

Edit - found this from an article in 2019 for reference. Can't imagine it would have changed too much since 

Screenshot_20240203_223342_Chrome.jpg

41 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

Edit - found this from an article in 2019 for reference. Can't imagine it would have changed too much since 

Screenshot_20240203_223342_Chrome.jpg

Christ that’s shite.

Edited by D TOTAL
Excuse my French

Thought we were fantastic in spells today, some of the best football from a Dundee side in ages

The penalty was ridiculous but generally I didn’t think our defence looked tough enough Hearts walked through us a bit at times

We need 4 points from the next two games 

No reason we can’t finish fourth

but equally we could end up 10th

Edited by MarkoP

Bakayoko looked tainted with a large swathe of the donkey at the start of the season. Think he's been one of the best performers every match in the last four games however.

Looks to be ten times fitter and is holding it in well, linking up play. At the moment he's well within plans as part of next seasons four strikers IMO. 

Keep it up Bakayoko.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

12 minutes ago, MarkoP said:

Thought we were fantastic in spells today, some of the best football from a Dundee side in ages

The penalty was ridiculous but generally I didn’t think our defence looked tough enough Hearts walked through us a bit at times

We need 4 points from the next two games 

No reason we can’t finish fourth

but equally we could end up 10th

First time back at Dens after eleven.years exile down South. First time for the wee man verbatim. Frustrating if enjoyable day out. Some things change but some things stay the same.

Thought we looked good in spells and had more goals in us. The move for Robinson's chance at 2-2 being a case in point. 

However we have a serious problem when anyone runs at our central defence. Hearts had decent spells of attack but they didn't really need to work it for the first and third, just carry it hard. I hope returning defenders will help but at the moment we lack that little bit of dig. We need to get in people's faces faster and if we look beat have them on the deck before they get in the box.

1 hour ago, D TOTAL said:

Christ that’s shite.

It is, not sure how true, but sure I read on here that Aberdeen made close to £6m in that Conference League. That'd be club changing money for a club like us. If we can finish 5th and scrape into Europe - and make a quarter of what Aberdeen did (if true), I can't begin to imagine the tenure Docherty will have with us. Survival is the aim. 5th is the dream. And it's definitely achievable.

6th place got £2m last season, 7th got £1.8m

This is the Conference League prize money.

Screenshot_20240204_070739_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d45b311cfe9ed48af91d885c99f0a1cc.jpg

Rarely venture outside my own lane but curiosity gets the better of me.

What's the Dundee fan verdict on the Costelloe signing? He had a rotten time with us. First game had a moment of magic at Parkhead (but didn't score), then got ragdolled by Beck at McDairmid that looked almost career-ending, scored a decent goal against Livi. Other than that, an empty shirt at best and a liability at worst, but maybe we were just the wrong place for him.

How's he looking for you lot?

16 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Rarely venture outside my own lane but curiosity gets the better of me.

What's the Dundee fan verdict on the Costelloe signing? He had a rotten time with us. First game had a moment of magic at Parkhead (but didn't score), then got ragdolled by Beck at McDairmid that looked almost career-ending, scored a decent goal against Livi. Other than that, an empty shirt at best and a liability at worst, but maybe we were just the wrong place for him.

How's he looking for you lot?

To me he’s not as shite as he was painted. Has had some decent touches offensively but is naive in defence. When the squads fit he doesn’t start and probs doesn’t get subbed on either. 

9 hours ago, The Algebraist said:

First time back at Dens after eleven.years exile down South. First time for the wee man verbatim. Frustrating if enjoyable day out. Some things change but some things stay the same.

Thought we looked good in spells and had more goals in us. The move for Robinson's chance at 2-2 being a case in point. 

However we have a serious problem when anyone runs at our central defence. Hearts had decent spells of attack but they didn't really need to work it for the first and third, just carry it hard. I hope returning defenders will help but at the moment we lack that little bit of dig. We need to get in people's faces faster and if we look beat have them on the deck before they get in the box.

This is why Sylla needs to be brought on (imo he should start). He’s the best tackler in the squad and if doesn’t win the ball he stops the move. 

6 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

This is why Sylla needs to be brought on (imo he should start). He’s the best tackler in the squad and if doesn’t win the ball he stops the move. 

I agree, we were crying out for this yesterday but in Doc’s favoured 3-5-2, which is working for us, it means sacrificing one of Cameron or MacCowan , they were both instrumental in yesterday’s performance 

personally I thought Shaughnessy was soft and couldn’t deal with Shankland, saying that Shankland has improved beyond recognition and was easily the best player on the pitch

bit of a dilemma, straight swap Sylla for Boateng ?