All things Dundee FC

There was talk a few months ago that possibly  that we were getting a player from Club America to sign for us and to be a teammate with Portales. I wonder if we sign Gorrin if there will be as much of a requirement of the Mexican league player. The player may still be decent and maybe we still want him.

I’ve also watched quite a bit of Mikelsen that I was told about but I doubt there’s anything in it because he would be played as an attacking midfielder and we already have McCowan and Cameron in that role and I hope we prioritise a LWB and another striker. 

26 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

There was talk a few months ago that possibly  that we were getting a player from Club America to sign for us and to be a teammate with Portales. I wonder if we sign Gorrin if there will be as much of a requirement of the Mexican league player. The player may still be decent and maybe we still want him.

I’ve also watched quite a bit of Mikelsen that I was told about but I doubt there’s anything in it because he would be played as an attacking midfielder and we already have McCowan and Cameron in that role and I hope we prioritise a LWB and another striker. 

Are we still going to have both Cameron and McCowan after the end of August though?

Depressing as it may be I think the answer might be no.

16 minutes ago, MarkoP said:

Are we still going to have both Cameron and McCowan after the end of August though?

Depressing as it may be I think the answer might be no.

In reckon we will keep them both. Nobody will pay more than 300k for Lyall despite being very technical and having good movement he is only really performs if he is the main man and isn’t great defensively. I think Mulligan will play ahead of him this season but Lyall will still make an impact in certain games.

We aren’t too far away from improving our team from last season and challenging for 6th and 5th and I can see McCowan staying.

Galvez I brought up a while back has reportedly signed according to an reliable forum poster. Due to the amount of time passes I thought maybe it fell through. Let’s hope it’s confirmed soon and he can become another successful loan like Beck. He’s like an Aaron Hickey type player who is good in possession and technical.

1 hour ago, peebles_Dee said:

In reckon we will keep them both. Nobody will pay more than 300k for Lyall despite being very technical and having good movement he is only really performs if he is the main man and isn’t great defensively. I think Mulligan will play ahead of him this season but Lyall will still make an impact in certain games.

We aren’t too far away from improving our team from last season and challenging for 6th and 5th and I can see McCowan staying.

I hope you’re right but McCowan apparently turning down two contract offers worries me.

Lyall has a hell of a lot to offer if he can toughen up a bit and affect games more, some of the young stars at euro24 should be inspiring him as to where he could get to.

We've done a lot of good business under the Tony Doc era. Never having to watch Rudden pull on a Dundee shirt again is up there with the best of them though.

Wish him all the best though, can't deny that he was a trier!

Just now, MarkoP said:

Can Rodriguez Gorrin play tomorrow as a trialist?

Ive been quite impressed with the little I’ve seen of him.

Surprised he’s not been signed yet tbh

Nah. Docherty did say he'd make his final decision on him within 24 hours of the last friendly which was against Dunfermline though so he might sign yet.

Some really positive comments from Carson. Knee injury is still plaguing him, but in a much more positive place:

I tried to play through it for a few months (knee injury) but it got to the point where I could only train for a short time on a Friday before a game.

Before I did drop out of the squad I was making a couple of mistakes which, not being big-headed, it’s not something I do regularly.

And it happened two or three times in a row.

I’m a big believer in football that you make your own luck. That comes from working hard in training every day.

But I was training half an hour on a Friday and then expecting to perform on a Saturday.

Me and the gaffer have a fantastic relationship. It’s built on honesty. I know where I stand.

I’m totally all-in, the gaffer knows that.

Whether it means being patient and waiting for a chance or playing, he knows where I’m at and we’re on the same page.

1 hour ago, MarkoP said:

Can Rodriguez Gorrin play tomorrow as a trialist?

Ive been quite impressed with the little I’ve seen of him.

Surprised he’s not been signed yet tbh

Agreed I thought he would have been signed by now too. If we don't sign him I hope we have our eye on another defensive midfielder as we absolutely need another one. We obviously need a left back in and surely another striker to come in?

I don't remember much about Rudden from the times I've seen him, can he win headers? We have plenty of scorers elsewhere so that's not hugely important, need someone who gets stuck in and does the dirty work though.

10 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

I don't remember much about Rudden from the times I've seen him, can he win headers? We have plenty of scorers elsewhere so that's not hugely important, need someone who gets stuck in and does the dirty work though.

He's not particularly good in the air. Things didn't work out for him at Dens but tbf the boy always gave 100%. I think he's a half decent poacher in the Championship but if you're looking for a link up player he's not your man

13 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

He can finish the ball and run around a lot but he often lacks the absolute basics of touch, control, movement, hold up etc.