All things Dundee FC

3 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

No really, I just don't think trouncing a poor lower league side really tells us anything about how we're likely to get on against Premiership opponents.

To be honest, I don't think you really get a true picture of how the land lies until October/November anyway, and I think there will still be a fair bit of business done and changes to the team between now and September. 

Solid and efficient performance, but I don't see any reason to get carried away.

True but I’d rather our result than the dayglo’s! 

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

True but I’d rather our result than the dayglo’s! 

Of course.

Interesting to see a few in their thread have the knives out for Goodwin already. Makes the derby more important than just from a bragging rights point of view. Punted from the League Cup, and an early season Derby loss, I don't see how they could persist with him. One club in early season turmoil with a habit of replacing dud managers with more dud managers is one less club we have to worry about.

This league is really difficult to consolidate in season on season. So many 3rd/4th place finishers end up in a relegation battle the next season, so I'm taking nothing for granted, and I'm only concerned with staying away from the bottom two places to begin the season. If we're comfortable mid-table at Christmas then I'll start looking at top six, and anything beyond finishing 6th again will just be a bonus. I think the fact we booked 6th with five games to go last season papered over a lot of cracks. We were keek against the better sides in the league and threw away a bucketload of points from winning positions, so I don't think it's close to being a "one or two players away" thing. A lot of areas to improve on, but likewise it could just as easily be a story of not getting the bit of luck you need and finding ourselves struggling a bit.

It would be good to hit the ground running and get some solid points on the board early, but we don't have the easiest of starts to the season.

36 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

really tells us anything about how we're likely to get on against Premiership opponents

well, we'll get and indication on 10th August 😜

while admittedly they weren't very good im glad and its about time we skelped one of these teams far too often we have plodded our way to a 1/2-0 victory....hopefully we skelp every team in the group and the confidence is sky high for the derby.

Just been on the United forum, it’s hilarious. Moult, Watt, Middleton and a centre half pairing of Holt and Gallagher, all pretty much finished in the top league - and those are their good players. Sticking with Goodwin is another decision that is baffling and amusing in equal measure. If we don’t give them a right shoeing this season the Doc has to go. 

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Just been on the United forum, it’s hilarious. Moult, Watt, Middleton and a centre half pairing of Holt and Gallagher, all pretty much finished in the top league - and those are their good players. Sticking with Goodwin is another decision that is baffling and amusing in equal measure. If we don’t give them a right shoeing this season the Doc has to go. 

Shhh, keep it quiet. 

The best thing that can happen is they play like Spain in their remaining cup games against the likes of Buckie. Goodwin is too thick to think outwith the ending of last season. 

Thank you,

8 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Shhh, keep it quiet. 

The best thing that can happen is they play like Spain in their remaining cup games against the likes of Buckie. Goodwin is too thick to think outwith the ending of last season. 

Thank you,

Hopefully Spain play like Spain tonight. 

12 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Bon Appetit Gourmet GIF by Studios 2016

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Hopefully Spain play like Spain tonight. 

I can't see anything but a Spain win, but having seen Utd win the Scottish cup in 2010 then England winning anything is like water off a ducks back. I'd take England winning just for a derby win in a few weeks tbh - this international stuff just isn't relevant to me. If someone's a w****r then they're a w****r whether they're English or Scottish. I mean we have the likes of Sevco fans, always offended FC, DABs and BoredomGuy on our shores - there's enough without moving into other countries.

Just glad the proper stuff is back. I find it hard to feel the same about Scotland when you're cheering along with the morons who are in the opposing stands every week. Not for me.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

10 hours ago, Dee Bliss said:

Hearing Watt might’ve been eating a few of they chickens he breads over the summer. 

If he was eating them chickens it would do him some good. It's not chicken he's on that's for sure. The c***s on the Granny Danger diet.

Thank you.

A final point this morning will be Curtis Main. I think I was one of the few on here who said he can do a job IF fully fit. He was very poor at times at the end of last season however was clearly carrying weight. No surprise he quickly became a target for the fans.

Looks to have trimmed down and can hopefully bring us a different dimension in attack.

It was quite clear to me that Astley and Main were being slowly gelled into the squad with a view to making an impact after a full pre season. Good management and planning ahead from The Doc if so.

Hopefully both start the season in full flow after their months of preparation. It would be another great and possibly unseen practise from The Doc who continues to impress at simply not being a useless fud (think McCann, McIntyre, McPake etc).

Thank you.

18 hours ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Yeah you are spot on there mate. Where is everyone seeing the ticket info or is it all just rumours at this stage? 

I’m off on holiday the week before the derby and have changed my holiday plans to come back on the Saturday so I can go. However, am not confident that our new e-tickets system will be conducive to me being able to get tickets when I’m not in town. This has all the makings of a first class Dundee fc shambles…

6 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

I’m off on holiday the week before the derby and have changed my holiday plans to come back on the Saturday so I can go. However, am not confident that our new e-tickets system will be conducive to me being able to get tickets when I’m not in town. This has all the makings of a first class Dundee fc shambles…

I’m hopeful that my supporters club will be able to get me one with season ticket number, failing that il be sat at home watching it with a stiff drink.

After enjoying a good win yesterday at an atrocious Junior ground, with a ridiculously squint and sloping pitch, against a team that will languish at the middle to bottom of League 2, it’s worth comparing yesterday’s competitive opening with last year’s similar fixture. This year the high tempo incisive play had the game over in twenty minutes whereas last lesson we’d to wait for a squeaky bum victory that contributed to our poor goal average and elimination early on. What a difference! We pretty much looked to go forward at all opportunities and for once defeated a team handsomely showing the difference in quality. 
Personally the slim line Curtis Main was a wonderful surprise to see as he was a revelation after last year. Ethan Ingram was more than competent at right back in the first have with an unbelievable whole body block in one of the few attempts on goal by Bonnyrigg. I’ll gloss over the sleeping defence for their goal, but overall it’s a good base. Meanwhile Murray is in the wings too. 
Well done Dundee. 

How many tickets are we likely to receive for the derby going by previous fixtures? I haven’t purchased a season ticket as of yet so I can’t really complain if I don’t receive a ticket or not. I also expect the demand to be quite high if our form continues throughout this league cup campaign. 

We'll probably only get about 2.5-3k.

Hopefully they won't exclude away fans from certain seating "for security " like they did in their big home game against Raith at the tail end of last season.

Like shibags...

1 hour ago, Big Gus said:

We'll probably only get about 2.5-3k.

Hopefully they won't exclude away fans from certain seating "for security " like they did in their big home game against Raith at the tail end of last season.

Like shibags...

United gave 1,342 tickets to Raith rather than the usual 1,950*.  I’m assuming we’ll only get 1,950 as well?

* 10 seats more than was required for United fans at the Doon Derby.