All things Dundee FC

33 minutes ago, ElDiamondo said:

How many games are yous playing away from Dens. Is the cup game v Airdrie likely to be at Dens?

First game back at Dens will be in two weeks vs Hearts, which is a week before the League Cup game. Should be in great condition for it.

DUNDEE are signing QPR left-back Ziyad Larkeche on a season-long loan.

The Paris-born 21-year-old played 20 Championship games for the Londoners over the last year while he also had 18 games on loan at Barnsley in 2022.

Lifted from the Sun so not sure how true it is.

Don't really have an issue with a guard of honour prior to the game if that's the accepted footballing protocol , as long as they applaud us off again after their spanking / footballing lesson is duly delivered upon them on Sunday!

Recently been very busy, hence my lack of postings over the past few weeks, however where have all these DAB trolls appeared from?

Merely thinking aloud as always.

44aa2840-79a1-4306-bc69-b65066e499d9.jpg.b483d7e6050c39d95da1a26e534368f5.jpg.64842f2a6a045268a699ff793cff401b.jpg   

Barnsley fans have had Dodgson and Larkeche and much preferred Dodgson going by their forum. They also seemed to like Nicky Cadden better than both of them but I always had him down as a winger so not sure if they'd been playing Cadden LB or Dodgson and Larkeche higher up the pitch.

QPR forum has a topic saying they're weakest at LB and desperately need a signing there. Viewed the topic and was surprised to see he's not even in the conversation despite playing 20 games for them last season, it's another LB they want replaced so seems he isn't even in the picture anymore.

That being said, I was dreading the signing of Owen Beck after 2 failed loan spells and less than convincing comments in the Bolton forum so take with a massive pinch of salt.

Certainly has excellent pedigree, been playing first team football at a higher level than ourselves and can take a mean set piece apparently.

Doc very, very rarely let's us down with signings so I'd be expecting good things tbh.

Oh deary me, straight in with the negative vibes there. f**k Barnsley fans and f**k the QPR fans. 

On the face of it he looks like a right talent but obviously someone who is still young and not the finished article. Thankfully The Doc has a track record of improving young players and this looks like his next project. 

Very happy if it's confirmed tomorrow and plenty of games last season at a good level. 

Thank you. 

17 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Viewed the topic and was surprised to see he's not even in the conversation despite playing 20 games for them last season.

Went looking for a chart there, but he, somehow, only played 361 minutes over those 20 games. Bizarre.

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Hearts are apparently liable to sign Malachi Boateng

Should I be excited?

Yes. Good CM. Wanted him back at Dens. Bit lackadaisical in approach at times but very classy defensive midfielder. Lot of potential IMO.

Lakerche is very good going forward. Didn't get many starts as a LB and was properly thrown under the bus when football mastermind Gareth Ainsworth started him at RB once. Came on as sub last season a few times as a makeshift left winger and was very effective. Would be a good signing IMO but might take a few games to settle.

Edited by Peadar BigDinnerO'Driscoll

20 minutes ago, Peadar BigDinnerO'Driscoll said:

Lakerche is very good going forward. Didn't get many starts as a LB and was properly thrown under the bus when football mastermind Gareth Ainsworth started him at RB once. Came on as sub last season a few times as a makeshift left winger and was very effective. Would be a good signing IMO but might take a few games to settle.

Random one but i've seen a few QPR/Dundee stickers dotted around near Dens. Are you the culprit?

Thank you. 

3 hours ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Apologies if this has been discussed already but they can ram their guard of honour on Sunday. 

Thank you. 

Rise above it. Hopefully we have to do it again in a couple of years. 

5 minutes ago, Peadar BigDinnerO'Driscoll said:

haha, no, not me. Can't think of many connections besides Simon Stainrod and Dieng on loan a few years ago.

QPR my local team until recently and have enjoyed watching them. Good to be back up the right side of the border though.

You'll likely know more than me, but can't say they've had their problems to seek on the pitch recently and patience among fans is thin. If this happens I reckon it will be because they're looking for experience and to protect youngsters.

Thinking on the Airdrie cup game, there's a player I know who likes a goal against them I think we can do with...

Dundee boss Gary Bowyer explains Derick Osei's early departure

Spoiler

In all seriousness, I have no idea why Derick Osei's career seems to have abruptly ended after leaving us. He wasn't thaaaaaaat shite if I remember correct.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee