All things Dundee FC

15 hours ago, The Algebraist said:

QPR my local team until recently and have enjoyed watching them. Good to be back up the right side of the border though.

You'll likely know more than me, but can't say they've had their problems to seek on the pitch recently and patience among fans is thin. If this happens I reckon it will be because they're looking for experience and to protect youngsters.

Think QPR are covered OK at LB and need to free up some money to get attacking players in. Lakerche was often not making the matchday squad once the manager got a few of his own players in the January window.

Improvements if true, you get a feel for a player if they have athleticism, technique, and the ability to read the game, this QPR lad videos show this. He was meant to be at the club today, no news yet. 

Ingram on the other side - its promising.......... 

9 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

Are we still in for Ryan jack or was that not a wee while ago?

IMG_0246.jpeg

Is he the big back up chokeslammer we need for Big Mo!? 

Thank you. 

4 minutes ago, Girth said:

Anyone else extremely excited about Sunday? 

Hopefully left back over the line before Wednesday. 

Thank you. 

More nervous tbh, obviously Docherty is superior to Goodwin, as is the team, compared to utd, but throw in an idiot of a referee with Collum on VAR and anything can happen.

17 minutes ago, MarkoP said:

Any updates on this left back?

Apparently seen in Gardyne today.

Are we signing him or not?

We're clearly signing him, surely will announce it tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, Girth said:

Nope, never am. Hate the derby, always have and always will. Have more belief than usual that we're the better team going in, but even if we were clear favourites I'd be dreading it until it's over. Hopefully we should have more than enough for them though.

21 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

Are we still in for Ryan jack or was that not a wee while ago?

IMG_0246.jpeg

I’ve got a feeling the Doc wants Jack and is working towards making it happen. 

7 hours ago, Girth said:

Hopefully left back over the line before Wednesday. 

Thank you. 

No - hate derbies. Not sure where all the confidence is coming from.

1 hour ago, AlanPartridge said:

I had consumed a few froths tbf.

Edited by Girth

1 hour ago, AlanPartridge said:

Nothing other than we have a better team than them.  The better team more often than not wins. 

10 hours ago, MarkoP said:

Any updates on this left back?

Apparently seen in Gardyne today.

Are we signing him or not?

That's a couple of sightings reported now. 

Hopefully The Doc has him sat down right now. 

Thank you. 

I'm relatively calm about it now but I'll be nervous as f**k on the day. The week building up to a derby goes ridiculously slow, you just want the game to hurry up and come around. 

We're in a great position in terms of coming off the back of a great run in the cup group stage scoring a lot. Derbies are mental though and I'm not confident of getting a result. 

I'm pretty confident of Murray getting a goal mind you...

Edited by Pens_Dark

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

I’ve got a feeling the Doc wants Jack and is working towards making it happen. 

I think Jack would be a good pick up provided he's realistic about wages, and the fact he'll play second fiddle to Mo Sylla for the holding role in midfield.

It's clear after the weekend that this is the type of player we should be looking at to make up the numbers in central midfield. Mulligan is a forward-thinking player and isn't suited to sitting, and we had to resort to playing Jordan McGhee in there when Sylla went off. 

Sylla, Jack, and McGhee as a last resort would see us well covered in there, McCowan, Cameron, Mulligan as the more attacking options, with the bonus that if we want to play a 4 across the middle then Mulligan can probably play centrally with Sylla or Jack. He's just not suited to playing that holding role on his own like Sylla does. Jack is the replacement for Boateng.

Edited by Boo Khaki

If he comes I doubt it will be with the expectation of being second fiddle and that is a good thing. If our lads are pushing each other to be their best then we're in a good place.

In a similar vein delighted to see Mulligan back driving from the midfield in recent weeks. I was very surprised when he seemed to be dropping down the pecking order last season I as I always thought he was the best of our young players. The year we went down basically nothing happened unless he was on the pitch.

If we're offering threat from different angles - now Mulligan, Cameron, McCowan, Murray, Portales and potentially others all looking dangerous in different ways - it makes us very hard to defend against.

Edited by The Algebraist