All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

We paid a fee for Simon Murray, as well as Astley, Carson and Sylla in our current squad. Between Flapjack and now, we also paid undisclosed fees for Tyler French, Shaun Byrne and Andrew Nelson.

Wow didn’t realise it was quite that many and I forgot about Murray as he was that recent 

6 minutes ago, K.T said:

Daily Record saying we’ve agreed a deal with Liverpool for Billy Koumetio. Think we were linked with him earlier in the summer?

Aye, appears bringing back Donnelly has fell through. Koumetio was brought in on loan by Blackburn last season but barely played I believe, hopefully a good addition at this level. A left-footed CB who can also play LB. With how insecure our CB line looks there's no reason he shouldn't be able to compete there.

2 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

French sources were saying United an hour ago. Something lost in translation somewhere.

Good strong defender but very raw last time I watched him.

People abroad being ignorant about which team is which, just the usual.

He was absolutely excellent for me on FM. 

I'm not convinced this is because the Donnelly deal has broken down though. It might well be, but I think we are in for both. Graham and Astley out on loan to Championship sides, Robertson we don't know when he'll be back and Shaughnessy is out until January or February. McGhee is perhaps viewed as an emergency CH as well by Docherty. 

Both (particularly if Koumetio is good) would have decent resale value as well.

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm not convinced this is because the Donnelly deal has broken down though. It might well be, but I think we are in for both. Graham and Astley out on loan to Championship sides, Robertson we don't know when he'll be back and Shaughnessy is out until January or February. McGhee is perhaps viewed as an emergency CH as well by Docherty. 

We do know when Robertson's due back, supposed to be after the first international break in September.

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

We do know when Robertson's due back, supposed to be after the first international break in September.

So probably closer to October perhaps even November when he's ready to play again since he's had very little of pre-season and had an injury for the best part of 3 months? Doesn't diminish the chances IMO.

18 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

What the hell happened with Shug? 

Last I heard was when he got injured back in April and the prognosis was 3-4 months.

Just now, Boo Khaki said:

Last I heard was when he got injured back in April and the prognosis was 3-4 months.

He was doing coverage for the St Mirren game on Sky and was asked how soon he was to playing and he said January or Feb. I thought he'd be back for the September break as well but must have been delays.

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

He ruptured his ACL, horrible injury which usually means 9-12 months out. No chance he was going to be back to start the season.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

He ruptured his ACL, horrible injury which usually means 9-12 months out. No chance he was going to be back to start the season.

I don't think that was the original injury though?

Certainly never talked about it like it was going to be a near year-long recovery, it was just a brief "Shaughnessy to miss remainder of season". That's going to be tough for a player of his age to come back from, especially because he's a big bloke who turns like an oil-tanker already.

10 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I don't think that was the original injury though?

Certainly never talked about it like it was going to be a near year-long recovery, it was just a brief "Shaughnessy to miss remainder of season". That's going to be tough for a player of his age to come back from, especially because he's a big bloke who turns like an oil-tanker already.

Well aye, because Joe missing the rest of the season was the important info at that time. It was said in April that he was going in for surgery for it in May specifically because it was ruptured.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/cg30z1vw0mno

55 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Graham isn’t going anywhere. 

2 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

Why would Graham leave. Makes no sense 😂. People hate having subs.

If we were to sign a further 2 CH's?

To develop one of our most promising youth players and get him first team games would be the obvious answer if he's not playing regularly for us.