All things Dundee FC

There’s quite a few teams after Lochead at the moment. Burnley would be the best option from a Dundee point of view as we might get him back on loan in a few seasons. It may not be the most lucrative option for Seb compared to the other teams interested.

Norwich have done decent in giving youth players a chance and I think that would be a good move. Gabe Forsyth made the move from Hamilton to Norwich and has made Championship appearances recently.

Fulham and Wolves are the best teams after him but I just don’t see when he’d get a chance in the Prem. Wolves and Fulham also don’t have a good track record of producing youth talent in recent years.

Rangers would be the worst option. They spend quite a bit on Bailey Rice who had offers from abroad and down south and was meant to be as good as Lennon Miller. Rice hasn’t even had a chance. Robbie Fraser is another example. He’s a great player who got his chance and didn’t look out of place but Rangers went and bought a backup Brazilian LB. 

Lochead has all the attributes of a modern CB and he should be in the Scotland youth set up. Hope he finds a suitable club.

29 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

I hope Johnston moving from Celtic to Burnley has anything to do with with McCowan leaving to go to Celtic. I don’t know the agreement between us and Burnley but they have a big impact in our playing squad. Maybe Burnley have said if Celtic give them Johnston but give us a million then he can leave. There’s probably nothing in my theory but it’s a strange transfer for Burnley to look set to complete.

Think you're looking too much in to that to be honest.

It's not too strange a transfer when you consider he done pretty well for West Brom last season and even less strange when you think about how Christie has done pretty well for Bournemouth in the Championship and then the Premier League.

11 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Anyone else read that complete DAB cunto’s piece in the courier today re the new ground? He’s clearly beginning to believe it might happen and is seething with jealousy. Lovely jubbly. 

Just read it, a load of whinging, whining and crying about how the DAB's must be treated fairly.

Absolutely pathetic.

Thank you.

11 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Anyone else read that complete DAB cunto’s piece in the courier today re the new ground? He’s clearly beginning to believe it might happen and is seething with jealousy. Lovely jubbly. 

He seems to try to write pieces that offend folk to get a reaction for some reason (clickbait probably). Most of them have been pretty pathetic attempts to stir up an issue with the council or some company or another but this one is the most whiney, seething pish yet.

Definitely fails even his usual poor attempts at coming across as 'edgy' and just paints a picture of a sad wee man, sat in his pish stained DAB y-fronts having a toddler tantrum.

12 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Just read it, a load of whinging, whining and crying about how the DAB's must be treated fairly.

Absolutely pathetic.

Thank you.

It’s an astonishing piece imo and speaks to the entitlement of the DAB Fanbase. Dundee FC stadium project will bring many benefits to the city and as such is a worthy investment vehicle. A fanzone, car park and greasy spoon named after a local alky doesn’t sound like it brings the same appeal. 

The proposed name of their food bar and a link to a YouTube video speaks to his infantile approach to “journalism”

If Utd decide to try and be progressive like the Dundee FC Board they will get the exact same amount of support (and opposition) that Dundee FC have and will receive. It’s up to them to navigate that, like Dundee FC are currently.

The council have no obligation to monitor and equal any or all investment - we are a capitalist society - not communist - and if the DABs want to secure any similar investment they must come up with something worthy and push it themselves. 

4 minutes ago, locheedee said:

He seems to try to write pieces that offend folk to get a reaction for some reason (clickbait probably). Most of them have been pretty pathetic attempts to stir up an issue with the council or some company or another but this one is the most whiney, seething pish yet.

Definitely fails even his usual poor attempts at coming across as 'edgy' and just paints a picture of a sad wee man, sat in his pish stained DAB y-fronts having a toddler tantrum.

I’ve never read any of his pish before (and nor will I after the one I have read and the above review) so was unaware he was just a troll with a platform - now regret taking 5 mins writing a post about it As he’s probably tugging himself off into his DUFC bedspread  as we speak at getting a reaction. 

Thank you. 

18 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

It’s an astonishing piece imo and speaks to the entitlement of the DAB Fanbase. Dundee FC stadium project will bring many benefits to the city and as such is a worthy investment vehicle. A fanzone, car park and greasy spoon named after a local alky doesn’t sound like it brings the same appeal. 

The proposed name of their food bar and a link to a YouTube video speaks to his infantile approach to “journalism”

If Utd decide to try and be progressive like the Dundee FC Board they will get the exact same amount of support (and opposition) that Dundee FC have and will receive. It’s up to them to navigate that, like Dundee FC are currently.

The council have no obligation to monitor and equal any or all investment - we are a capitalist society - not communist - and if the DABs want to secure any similar investment they must come up with something worthy and push it themselves. 

It’s a bonkers article, could’ve been written by a petulant child.

On what planet would a local authority who can spend X amount to bring huge benefits to their area decide “nah, we’ll spend double the amount to receive the exact same benefits”?? Double the outlay so some pishy wee club can have some parking spaces and a food place.

15 minutes ago, Girth said:

Sadly, I've noticed the Tayside media are very 'DAB orientated'.  All balance thrown out the window. 

They should be ashamed of themselves. 

Thank you. 

I don't think they have any shame mate, until pretty recently anyway they were still regularly accused of operating an old firm style 'what school did you go to' interview policy. Luckily their media empire is dying on its arse though

1 hour ago, Der Panzer said:

I’ve never read any of his pish before (and nor will I after the one I have read and the above review) so was unaware he was just a troll with a platform - now regret taking 5 mins writing a post about it As he’s probably tugging himself off into his DUFC bedspread  as we speak at getting a reaction. 

Thank you. 

Steve Finnan is 61 years old. You’d think he’d know better. He’s clearly trying to be some sort of ‘shock’ jock. I actually know him a wee bit and he’s never appeared to be like the utter tosspot he comes across as. Lives in Carnoustie Biggie 😂😂😂

28 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Steve Finnan is 61 years old. You’d think he’d know better. He’s clearly trying to be some sort of ‘shock’ jock. I actually know him a wee bit and he’s never appeared to be like the utter tosspot he comes across as. Lives in Carnoustie Biggie 😂😂😂

Couldn't tell you what the chunt looks like, probably drinks in the Stags Head with the rest of the dayglo muppets.

Thank you.

21 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Couldn't tell you what the chunt looks like, probably drinks in the Stags Head with the rest of the dayglo muppets.

Thank you.

I see the Carnoustie Dees supporters club are doing well from their posts. Always seem to fill their bus and have a large membership uptake.

Good to see in a DAB hotspot and the more buses the better (although I'm one for the train).

Another away section just opened by the Hibs - looking like a large Derry following tomorrow. Can't wait.

Thank You.

3 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

I see the Carnoustie Dees supporters club are doing well from their posts. Always seem to fill their bus and have a large membership uptake.

Good to see in a DAB hotspot and the more buses the better (although I'm one for the train).

Another away section just opened by the Hibs - looking like a large Derry following tomorrow. Can't wait.

Thank You.

As a member of said supporters club, I can confirm that the Carnoustie Dee’s are doing very well indeed. A fine bunch of lads and lassies and run by a passionate young Dee who puts everything into the supporters club. 

Thank you. 

Louisville have apparently helped and will continue to help us with the stadium project. 

I had my concerns of attendances but the bus route is great and fans can go to the bars inside and out of the ground. The hotel os great for fans travelling home fans. There will be likely be entertainment outside the ground for the younger fans. The parking seems good too.

I don’t think they have the pitches next to the stadium anymore and I think that will be due to having the riverside campus. We will be the most modern and one of the few teams with their own training facilities. We are going to be pushing for Europe every season I reckon.

I do think they will need to build another entrance for cars into the stadium as it will be very busy traffic. I still hope part of Dens stays. Make the main stand multipurpose. Archibald Leich Museum, keep the changing rooms, general football memorabilia Dundee/Scottish football related, make it a meeting point for supporters buses and put a sports bar in it.

17 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

Louisville have apparently helped and will continue to help us with the stadium project. 

I had my concerns of attendances but the bus route is great and fans can go to the bars inside and out of the ground. The hotel os great for fans travelling home fans. There will be likely be entertainment outside the ground for the younger fans. The parking seems good too.

I don’t think they have the pitches next to the stadium anymore and I think that will be due to having the riverside campus. We will be the most modern and one of the few teams with their own training facilities. We are going to be pushing for Europe every season I reckon.

I do think they will need to build another entrance for cars into the stadium as it will be very busy traffic. I still hope part of Dens stays. Make the main stand multipurpose. Archibald Leich Museum, keep the changing rooms, general football memorabilia Dundee/Scottish football related, make it a meeting point for supporters buses and put a sports bar in it.

Watching Nelms on the warmup and being asked if there will be anything left of Dens I doubt there will be. He kept saying about how the keeping it in a certain condition is expensive and it’s wearing poorly. It will be sad as it’s so historic for the boardroom, architecture and closeness to rivals.