All things Dundee FC

10 hours ago, mungo said:

Spot on. This is a fantastic time to be a Dundee fan. I look forward to very match now . The teams got a great balance of experience and young exciting players with skill. And all of them are really hard working. 

Docherty has been a brilliant find. He's like a heart transplant for the club,  can feel life pulsating through the club with him at the helm. 

Definitely the most positive medium-term "vibe" since the first Hartley season back in the Premier. 

Difference is, I think we over-achieved that year with a squad that was actually pretty limited aside from a couple of standouts, and it was pretty much a steady decline from that point on which accelerated once we lost Stewart and Hemmings.

Doc's team feels like there is more to come, and that he's building something that can be a consistently good side for a few years which shouldn't necessarily fall apart after losing a player or two. Just need to hope that the bit by bit improvement continues and he isn't poached too quickly.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think some English clubs get bogged into stuff with agents/agencies, and have the financial ability to sign dross to sweeten the agent up for a deal they actually want.

Zero clue if that's what's happened here, but there's every chance Burnley want another player on their books, and have taken the small (for them) financial hit on a player they're not fussed about which also bring publicity in other countries to help the agent. A favour for a favour.

Very interesting. 

We finally look like a solid premiership side; a well deserved point yesterday.

We no doubt have to improve defensively though if we really wanted to attack the positions nearer the top end of the league. 

Delighted for Murray as he was in the headless chicken camp for me during his first stint. He's improved immeasurably in every aspect of his game and that's purely down to hard work. 

Interesting week ahead where we should be stronger on the back of. After the Paisley game next Saturday the likes of Robertson will be returning too. If we can win next week we've made an outstanding start to the season and would be moving forward in a much stronger place.

What a support through in Edinburgh to finish on. We've not taken numbers like that in decades. Things are good for now, lets all enjoy it while we can. 

Thank you. 

Edited by Dundee-FC92

36 minutes ago, Passionate said:

How is Charlie Reilly getting on is  he on way back yet or still out long term

Due back after the international break along with Clark Robertson, I do have a nagging doubt his body’s ever gonna be able to deal with full time Premiership football, I hope I’m wrong cos ability wise he’s got a lot to offer. 

Fingers crossed he can recover, get stronger and handle it.

Could be the next McCowan/Tiffoney

Out of curiosity I thought I'd have a look back at the 2018/19 season as a marker for the level of improvement.

That season we played 44 matches and won 8, scoring 40 goals.

So far this season it's played 8, won 6, scored 31.  There's a good chance we can beat that seasons win and goal tally during October.  Imagine where we'd be if we could defend!

Other random thought, anyone any idea when we last went this long unbeaten to start a season, including pre-season?  Usually there's a random loss to Rotherham or something in there but not this time.

Have yous signed Ronaldinho's son yet? This is exactly the sort of left field singing I would normally associate with Dundee football club. Good to see the sensible pish has been knocked on the head and Dundee have gone back to being Dundee.

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Have yous signed Ronaldinho's son yet? This is exactly the sort of left field singing I would normally associate with Dundee football club. Good to see the sensible pish has been knocked on the head and Dundee have gone back to being Dundee.

Not happening according to the courier

2 hours ago, stu2910 said:

anyone any idea when we last went this long unbeaten to start a season

Not including friendlies media mentioned 72-73. Looking at that season we had 6 wins and 2 draws, so same as this season but with a 21-7 goal difference versus this seasons 31-8. So, does this make this season the best start ever? 

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Do you think your mob will be putting a bid in for McCowan?

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Do you think your mob will be putting a bid in for McCowan?

Thank you.

I really don't know tbh. I think he will be seen as a secondary option to who we're after at the mo. Given he's just had a breakthrough season in a new role I don't think signing for us would be the best move for him other than cash as he's on the up still and don't think being a squad player will do him much good right now. I think some like ourselves will be seeing if it wasn't a one off season next few months and then going for him in January. 

Regarding the sale of McCowan.  Anyone else think Celtic will wait until the last hours of the transfer window to submit a relatively lowball offer for McGowan which Nelms would (perhaps understandably) likely have to consider rather than risk keeping a potentially distracted player and ultimately losing him for nothing at the end of the season?

The same fans of said club will subsequently likely bemoan about Celtic’s lack of progress in Europe blaming the lack of competition in the Premiership!

Edited by Shadow Play

11 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Regarding the sale of McCowan.  Anyone else think Celtic will wait until the last hours of the transfer window to submit a relatively lowball offer for McGowan which Nelms would (perhaps understandably) likely have to consider rather than risk keeping a potentially distracted player and ultimately losing him for nothing at the end of the season?

The same fans of said club will subsequently likely bemoan about Celtic’s lack of progress in Europe blaming the lack of competition in the Premiership!

Judging by what Nelms has said recently I can't see us selling unless we are getting what they believe to be the value. 

I might have my timeline totally mixed up here but I think we got a club record fee off of Celtic for Jack Hendry in a similar contractual position to McCowan. 

If he does go, I think it'll be for more than 1 million. Otherwise it's just not really worth it for us and Nelms knows that. 

Edited by Pens_Dark

1 hour ago, Pens_Dark said:

Judging by what Nelms has said recently I can't see us selling unless we are getting what they believe to be the value. 

I might have my timeline totally mixed up here but I think we got a club record fee off of Celtic for Jack Hendry in a similar contractual position to McCowan. 

If he does go, I think it'll be for more than 1 million. Otherwise it's just not really worth it for us and Nelms knows that. 

Good point regarding Hendry.  I’m just a bit worried that McCowan is holding off for Celtic.  I must admit I’m surprised there haven’t been any English clubs showing any interest so far.   

Edited by Shadow Play

1 hour ago, Pens_Dark said:

Hendry had 18 months to go.