All things Dundee FC

46 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

It’s likely he will sign.

I'd imagine that deal won't be straight forward as he'll probably have other offers on the table especially from him homeland. But maybe the boy wants to try something new. 

Think we could be looking at a good balanced squad once (if) these final 2 are confirmed. Felt last year we had too big a squad leading to undeserved game time and probably taking Doc's focus away trying to keep everybody happy. Balance is good now, even think Graham should go out on loan, get more signing for specific positions if injuries in Jan if required

2 minutes ago, DieDee said:

Think we could be looking at a good balanced squad once (if) these final 2 are confirmed. Felt last year we had too big a squad leading to undeserved game time and probably taking Doc's focus away trying to keep everybody happy. Balance is good now, even think Graham should go out on loan, get more signing for specific positions if injuries in Jan if required

I’d be frustrated if I was Graham. He’s done well every time he’s played. He’s probably better than Koumeito.

4 minutes ago, derrydode25 said:

I'd imagine that deal won't be straight forward as he'll probably have other offers on the table especially from him homeland. But maybe the boy wants to try something new. 

I think Burnley need to sign him first then he gets loaned to us.

2 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

With what I've just seen at Burnley goings on this morning, and a couple of ppl leaving in charge of signing etc for there development team. So that might be a tricky one, I would have thought we would be trying to sign this laddie ourselves considering he's not been on trial at Burnley.

1 minute ago, peebles_Dee said:

I’d be frustrated if I was Graham. He’s done well every time he’s played. He’s probably better than Koumeito.

Difficult to tell really, both have had very limited time against top league opponents and both will likely improve with a good run in the team. By how much, relatively, who knows. Ultimately, Koumeito is older and just been signed so, as part of the image of attracting players to sign, has to be given the nod. If Graham could go to and get into a Championship team that would be brilliant all round 

On 27/08/2024 at 10:38, Ludo*1 said:

To be fair, we've been desperate for someone to cover/complement Sylla. He's the one player in the team we don't have a replacement for. And this guy sounds like the Boateng type to complement and compete with Sylla rather than replace McCowan or Cameron.

Not one tackle in the montage the club posted. Looks more forward thinking to me. Don’t know why he’d get nicknamed after Iniesta if he was a defensive mid. 
Whether this confirms McCowan is away or not remains to be seen I guess. 

2 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Not one tackle in the montage the club posted. Looks more forward thinking to me. Don’t know why he’d get nicknamed after Iniesta if he was a defensive mid. 

He said to Dee TV he is a ball player, he likes getting on the ball and is technically very good. Out of possession he is like a rat and is aggressive getting up to people. He wants to add goals and assists to his game and has spoken to Doc about this and hopes he can do it at Dundee.

He's got all the signs of being a technical 6. Good passer and good at winning the ball back, a few Leicester fans saying he is surprisingly physical for his size.

I, for one, can't wait to see him play. 

Described by a Leicester fan on TDBF that Braybrooke is a deep lying playmaker whose bread and butter is putting through balls for willing runners, at a time when we are full of willing runners. Sounds like a very astute addition and hopefully he can hit the ground running up here.

1 hour ago, peebles_Dee said:

See they've just sacked their u21 manager for WhatsApping youth players calling them shite.

22 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

He's the Boateng type to Sylla's destroyer DM type as far as I'm aware.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

See they've just sacked their u21 manager for WhatsApping youth players calling them shite.

Tbf he was only writing what we all wanted to send to Dara Costelloe.

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The majority of them are shite compared to other premier league/top championship academy teams. That’s maybe why they are recruiting new players for the 21s

4 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

Koumetio won everything in the air last weekend but f**k me it was a lottery when his feet were involved 

I want Graham to succeed, an upper Championship 6 month loan might be ideal

Falkirk or Airdrie level?

Looks like Ayr are buying the title but there’ll be a tight group just behind them 

58 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

We've just signed Ryan Howley on loan. Any good?

He got off to bad start , gave away a pen at parkhead in his first game minutes before half time and at nil nil , to be fair it was a very harsh pen , it was one of those if it’s against you it’s not a pen but for you it is , he never really got much of chance after that , I thought he did okay when used but nothing startling , just okay 

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

We've just signed Ryan Howley on loan. Any good?

The least memorable of our loanees whom we actually played (sorry not sorry, Marcel Lewis). A player that is hard to talk much about as almost all of his appearances were off the bench pretty late on, tbf he never looked close to getting in the midfield ahead of McCowan, Cameron, Sylla or Boateng but that's a tough ask, and then he got injured. Aside from the penalty given to Celtic I don't remember him doing much wrong, but no real memories of great moments either.

Of his 3 starts, 2 of them were standard drubbings against Celtic, and the other was in the Scottish Cup against Killie where we lost the game in the first three minutes, so again we never saw much of what he could add. The drop down will undoubtedly help him and hopefully he'll play a bigger and better part at Somerset Park. Still well thought of and was getting called up to Wales U21 while with us.

I see he's a friend of Marco Rus from Rus's time at Coventry, so that's a decent sign for some potential chemistry in the middle for Ayr at least. You've got off to a flyer, so hopefully he helps the potential promotion push along.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee