All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, Lyle Lanley said:

We don’t have a plan b. We’re really going into this season with the same old f**king shite midfield. 

You've went in with the same offer but said, 'please' apparently:

21 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I think it’s a bad move for McCowan as I can’t see him playing (barring sales/injuries) too much. He could force himself in but I doubt he’ll he given a chance.

Today has shown again the ignorance that some Celtic fans (not necessarily aimed at anyone on here) have about Scottish football. There are loads of them on social media today who clearly have no idea who McCowan is or how good he has looked for Dundee.  

I'm surprised how many of them are talking about him being an "exciting young talent" tbh. He turns 27 soon.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

I'm surprised how many of them are talking about him being an "exciting young talent" tbh. He turns 27 soon.

Tom English was listing Lyall Cameron as '26 as well' just the other day.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I thought he was a couple of years younger than that to be fair. I thought he was 24/25.

Charlton's version of George Cran reckons Scott Fraser could be on his way out.

I imagine we'll pull the trigger when McCowan is announced as away.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The Sun live transfer thread said we'll sign Fraser after McCowan is confirmed gone.

Fraser not a bad player in any sense. However, you'll have to land lucky with him and hope you're getting the good version.

Attitude, fitness, body language are always being questioned. Hearts fans hated him and couldn't wait to get rid. Has it in his locker though. 

Edited by Groot

38 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Going by those tweets Charlton fans absolutely hate him.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

Just Read something on X and on TDBF Forum, that Apparently Hibs Latest bid in terms of Hard cash up front is actually higher that what we've either accepted or what we are about to accept from Celtic, Apparently the celtic bid is on the low side of a fee but made up of move sizable achievable Add ons. If true then there is going to be a riot. But I suspect the player would have said Celtic or nothing 

4 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Going by those tweets Charlton fans absolutely hate him.

They seem to rate him on their forum but think he's lacking in belief/attitude.

Mo Sylla was meant to have a terrible attitude so that's not necessarily a huge worry.

Just now, RawB93 said:

If we replace our best player with a United fan who was below me in school then I'll be f**king raging, I can't lie.

I'd heard he was a Dee.

This news is heartbreaking.

I think Fraser is one who needs to be your key player. Make him feel important and put all your play through him and you're likely getting his best.

12 minutes ago, derrydode25 said:

Just Read something on X and on TDBF Forum, that Apparently Hibs Latest bid in terms of Hard cash up front is actually higher that what we've either accepted or what we are about to accept from Celtic, Apparently the celtic bid is on the low side of a fee but made up of move sizable achievable Add ons. If true then there is going to be a riot. But I suspect the player would have said Celtic or nothing 

On 26/08/2024 at 15:00, Shadow Play said:

Regarding the sale of McCowan.  Anyone else think Celtic will wait until the last hours of the transfer window to submit a relatively lowball offer for McGowan which Nelms would (perhaps understandably) likely have to consider rather than risk keeping a potentially distracted player and ultimately losing him for nothing at the end of the season?

The same fans of said club will subsequently likely bemoan about Celtic’s lack of progress in Europe blaming the lack of competition in the Premiership!

Only thing worse than getting a bad feeling and that’s the bad feeling coming true.