All things Dundee FC

Just now, johnnydun said:

If he is a Dee, there's only one place he will go.

He'll be firing Hector Nicol into YouTube as we speak.

Aw, FFS:

Well, that's that.

Thanks for all the great memories Luke. One of the best and most likeable players I've been fortunate enough to support at Dundee. Never gave less than 100%, always gave an extra spark to our team which is invaluable, a spark most teams go without for years and years. From the lowly times of McPake, McGhee and the Championship season to a title win and top six, McCowan has been the heart and soul of our revival and deserves every bit of this. I wish him nothing but the best at Celtic, and hopefully he goes on to keep flouting expectations and establish himself there, though I won't kid myself in saying I don't believe I already know how the story goes from here for him. Regardless, Luke has earned everything he's got from his time on the pitch, and his contributions at Dens Park won't be forgotten.

Whit a pler!

When we won the Championship, I'd have shrugged my shoulders if we released him.

A season and a bit later and I'm gutted to lose him for £1m+. He became the absolute heartbeat of our team. He encapsulated what we were about, hard work, endeavour, bit of dig and just bought into everything. A complete revelation since being changed to a CM.

I now forgive Ayr for allowing us to be lumbered with Declan McDaid.

Over his whole spell, McCowan wasn't amazing, but his last season was truly special and he represented everything I love about football and it's that what makes it that bit sorer. Tremendous lad and it's not often I hold my hands up and say, 'fair play, you deserve it' when someone leaves us for the OF as he truly gave everything to make it at Dundee and deserves every ounce of success.

We're all chatting about how he'll likely be a bench player or reserve at Celtic, in terms of natural ability - probably, but I wouldn't put it past him to work his way into the team with sheer hard work and that little bit of dig he has over the majority that gives him that extra bit of class.