All things Dundee FC

Tempted to trawl back for the umpteen posts in here from last season where I explained precisely why Doc's 3/5 fails every single time to deal with an opponent in gung-ho mode, but I really don't see the point. It's clear he's learned absolutely nothing.

As I say, can rearrange the deckchairs all you like. It was working until our goalkeeper threw the ball into the back of his net and Kilmarnock got the momentum lift and we went into panic mode.

If McCracken starts next week it's a f**king disgrace.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

As I say, can rearrange the deckchairs all you like. It was working until our goalkeeper threw the ball into the back of his net and Kilmarnock got the momentum lift and we went into panic mode.

Gunn went off injured for Norwich so there’s a chance he plays for Scotland 😮

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Spot  on, f**king seething with that f**king keeper.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Thought big Billy had probably his best game yet, and for once, he didn't have a howler that flogged a goal. Just bloody typical that McCracken throws one in to make up for that though.

7 minutes ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Gunn went off injured for Norwich so there’s a chance he plays for Scotland 😮

Still don't really understand why McCracken is in the squad beyond there not being anyone else. He's done nothing to merit it, and it stinks a bit of "any scottish qualified laddie who owns a pair of gloves".

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

Thought big Billy had probably his best game yet, and for once, he didn't have a howler that flogged a goal. Just bloody typical that McCracken throws one in to make up for that though.

Still don't really understand why McCracken is in the squad beyond there not being anyone else. He's done nothing to merit it, and it stinks a bit of "any scottish qualified laddie who owns a pair of gloves".

Same with Larkeche. Thought he was tremendous.

Some shoots of positivity are there but too much of a sickener to properly process them just now.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Same with Larkeche. Thought he was tremendous.

Some shoots of positivity are there but too much of a sickener to properly process them just now.

Genuinely believe if Doc just goes 4-4-1 at 2-0 up, we cruise the last 10 minutes with no problems. It's the stupid determination to stick with the 3-5. It doesn't cope with teams pushing on at all because it ends up in 5 or 6 v's 2 in midfield, and we totally cede control to the point where it's just a game of shootie-in. I'm baffled as to why Doc doesn't see it, because every time we blew a lead last season the game was a carbon-copy of the previous blown lead, and this was no different.

39 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

Averaging over 2 goals against per game, doon material

In doc we trust 

When you’re sitting in your highest position in seasons and seasons where do we find you , on here totally besotted with the big team , we live rent free in your head 

11 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Genuinely believe if Doc just goes 4-4-1 at 2-0 up, we cruise the last 10 minutes with no problems. It's the stupid determination to stick with the 3-5. It doesn't cope with teams pushing on at all because it ends up in 5 or 6 v's 2 in midfield, and we totally cede control to the point where it's just a game of shootie-in. I'm baffled as to why Doc doesn't see it, because every time we blew a lead last season the game was a carbon-copy of the previous blown lead, and this was no different.

I genuinely don't know why Cameron wasn't subbed when we went 2-0 up and we didn't just flood the midfield.

I'd have even taken off Adewumi at that point for a more defensive player.

We were also crying out for a leader on the park when we lost the first - someone to calm things down.

And any reason why Fraser didn't come on?

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I genuinely don't know why Cameron wasn't subbed when we went 2-0 up and we didn't just flood the midfield.

I'd have even taken off Adewumi af that point for a more defensive player.

We were also crying out for a leader on the park when we lost the first - someone to calm things down.

He was on for the whole of the second half and even wearing the arm band after Murray went off.

Suspicious Kenan Thompson GIF

7 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I'd have even taken off Adewumi at that point for a more defensive player.

He did similar last season with insisting on leaving 2-up when we were trying to hold on to a lead. I get the theory behind it, and you can argue it paid off today with Adewumi's 2nd, but the fact is that it's failing to close out the game every single time and cost us about 20-25 points over the last year+, so I really don't understand why he's still trying to close games out in exactly the same way.

I get the argument that if McCracken doesn't throw one in then the roof doesn't cave in either, but even till that point it was the same story as before. For most of the 2nd half Killie could just play the ball back and forth across the pitch for as long as they liked. That would be fine if it was on the half way line, but it was 25 yards from our goal, and that happens consistently in every single time we've been unable to see a match out.

Don’t know why Doc thought putting 2 young attacking players up front and doesn’t bring on Mulligan to close down and put tackles in midfield was a good move when you’re down to 10 men and sitting deep! Naive at best imho, f**king bonkers at worst! Keeper is as weak as nuns piss and was the catalyst for losing that game