All things Dundee FC

6 minutes ago, Silverado66 said:

Harder to take than last week. I never blame a result on a ref, although today it would almost be justified.

He is one of worst, although they are terrible every week. If he's saying that the 2nd booking was for an elbow, then thats a straight red, surely?

Just a load of absolute nonsense, that completely changed the game.

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

He is one of worst, although they are terrible every week. If he's saying that the 2nd booking was for an elbow, then thats a straight red, surely?

Just a load of absolute nonsense, that completely changed the game.

I wouldn't be surprised if its claimed he gave Sylla a 2nd yellow for arguing or something, but that's pish because you can see him striding over and reaching for his pocket as soon as both players hit the deck.

Thought it was a blatant yellow for Kennedy, hence why I wasn't surprised to see the ref reaching for the pocket, but aye, if it's a deliberate elbow then its should have been a straight red.

Typical scots reffing incompetence on multiple levels.

Today's match was absolutely astounding. You wouldn't believe it unless you seen it and unfortunately I was there to witness every last minute.

At 85 minutes you're sitting there proud as punch of the team (that can't be forgotten). What a display from Billy and Larkeche in particular up until then. We managed to stay as the better side despite a depressingly bad double yellow for Sylla, but we'll come on to that later.

I firmly believe McCracken sets us on the downward spiral that occurred at the end. If he holds onto a relatively easy shot we don't lose that match or even draw IMO. From then on it was rabbit in the headlight stuff. Ingram beaten in the air for the second and the third was weak as piss water from multiple players. Incredible. Surely Cameron had to come off aswell? That is one huge error for me.

As for the referee even if you take the Sylla yellows out the whole match was a clusterf**k beyond imagination. There really is a shortfall in good referees within Scotland and it's killing the game. That was a f**king inept display from that c**t in the middle. Both bookings are on twitter and both are a f**king disgrace - he shouldn't be allowed another game until remedial training is sought. I'd be humiliated to serve that sort of display up but he'll probably set off into the sunset and not give a f**k.

Another defeat recorded at the end of the day which is brutal after that match. When we had the likes of McPake and McCann you absolutely knew relegation was inevitable but I don't get that feeling at all right now. We were brilliant for large parts today and the two goals were beautiful. There's no way I've got the pitch forks out for Docherty or any of these players yet - I'm seeing far too many things I like. 

Two weeks now (which it'll take to get over that spectacle) then we go again. Motherwell and Perth up next of which I fear neither.

Thank you.

Talk about a game of two halves - for a player.  I thought Cameron was excellent first half.  Being kind to him, I don’t think he is the sort of player that you look for when you are down to 10 men.  He just can’t put in a meaningful tackle or stop a cross - of which there were a lot in the second half.  Cameron off and Mulligan on would have been my choice and most certainly after it going 2-0. 

More importantly than any of the above* - what were the half time draw numbers as I missed them? 🤣

* You can’t afford to take things too seriously 😎

If anyone one else stayed to the bitter end like I did what did you make of McInnes repeatedly turning to the Derry and waving his right hand in the air as though gesturing for the Dundee fans to come onto the pitch?  Utterly bizarre behaviour.  I would have thought he would have been keener to celebrate with the Kilmarnock fans.  

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

If anyone one else stayed to the bitter end like I did what did you make of McInnes repeatedly turning to the Derry and waving his right hand in the air as though gesturing for the Dundee fans to come onto the pitch?  Utterly bizarre behaviour.  I would have thought he would have been keener to celebrate with the Kilmarnock fans.  

He should be considering why despite a tragic refereeing decision and a goalkeeping calamity in his favour his team still undeservedly won the match.

Long season ahead. 

Thank you.

12 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Today's match was absolutely astounding. You wouldn't believe it unless you seen it and unfortunately I was there to witness every last minute.

At 85 minutes you're sitting there proud as punch of the team (that can't be forgotten). What a display from Billy and Larkeche in particular up until then. We managed to stay as the better side despite a depressingly bad double yellow for Sylla, but we'll come on to that later.

I firmly believe McCracken sets us on the downward spiral that occurred at the end. If he holds onto a relatively easy shot we don't lose that match or even draw IMO. From then on it was rabbit in the headlight stuff. Ingram beaten in the air for the second and the third was weak as piss water from multiple players. Incredible. Surely Cameron had to come off aswell? That is one huge error for me.

As for the referee even if you take the Sylla yellows out the whole match was a clusterf**k beyond imagination. There really is a shortfall in good referees within Scotland and it's killing the game. That was a f**king inept display from that c**t in the middle. Both bookings are on twitter and both are a f**king disgrace - he shouldn't be allowed another game until remedial training is sought. I'd be humiliated to serve that sort of display up but he'll probably set off into the sunset and not give a f**k.

Another defeat recorded at the end of the day which is brutal after that match. When we had the likes of McPake and McCann you absolutely knew relegation was inevitable but I don't get that feeling at all right now. We were brilliant for large parts today and the two goals were beautiful. There's no way I've got the pitch forks out for Docherty or any of these players yet - I'm seeing far too many things I like. 

Two weeks now (which it'll take to get over that spectacle) then we go again. Motherwell and Perth up next of which I fear neither.

Thank you.

I think Dundee will easily finish about St Johnstone and probably Hibs (as well as others) and expect Dundee, St Mirren and ourselves to all very close at the end of the season. 

1 minute ago, Sortmeout said:

I think Dundee will easily finish about St Johnstone and probably Hibs (as well as others) and expect Dundee, St Mirren and ourselves to all very close at the end of the season. 

Very aware of that. No panic button being pressed from me. You should feel very fortunate to leave Dens with the points today against a good home side - albeit having the referee on your side helps. 

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Very aware of that. No panic button being pressed from me. You should feel very fortunate to leave Dens with the points today against a good home side - albeit having the referee on your side helps. 

Thank you.

Definitely and the referees are all shite. You got that soft red against us at almost the same time last season in the first 2-2 game. 

2 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Definitely and the referees are all shite. You got that soft red against us at almost the same time last season in the first 2-2 game. 

You seem like too reasonable a character to lambast. Disappointing.

Spot on. At least you can see the full picture. Wins that are undeserved are often the most enjoyable. Take it and run.

Thank you.

I've never seen a referee actively pointing at his watch every time the keeper had the ball from the minute we went down to 10, before any time wasting was even close to being thought of by the Dundee players. Another absolutely disgraceful edition in this moron referees catalogue of clusterf**ks today.

Thank you.

First half an hour we were so dominant and were deservedly ahead. Positives were Larkeche and Billy in particular. Did well today, much better than Portales and Ingram on the right. Not going over the sending off, even if it's for an arm from Sylla it's negated by the fact the killie player initiates the contact, plain and simple. This is where Doc should've learned his lessons from last year. 

Ten men going into the second half and our midfield is down the defensive tackler and he keeps Cameron on. Jesus wept, been said to death since FT but Mulligan should've been on as soon as Sylla left the park. Cameron is stinking but because he can produce the odd good pass or assist like today Doc deems him undroppable. Do me a favour. 

Carson should've been in after Ibrox given that he kept the score down and it wasn't his fault. I like Jon but he's costing us stupid goals, just like the rest of the defence. Have to hope McGhee is back for Fir Park as Portales and Ingram on the right doesn't fill me with confidence. 

Taking Murray and Tiffoney off was an odd one,  even if the subs got a second goal not long after. As soon as Killie got one back they were ineffective as we struggled to put any sort of pressure on them. Just like Motherwell in April. Sitting off and failing to stop crosses. Typical. 

Drop Ingram, McCracken and Cameron and it's at least a step in the right direction.

Also, this back 5 with two strikers is useless against teams that play 343. We've seen it in the derby, their wingers and wing backs tore us apart, St mirren we struggled first half and again today. 

Once again talking specifically about the back 5. When we were shipping goals with a back 4, the back 5 was the solution. We're just as bad defensively. Can't stop crosses, can't defend crosses on the back post and we aren't strong or quick enough in midfield. There's no pace with Sylla, Cameron, Braybrooke or Fraser regardless of what you think of their ability on the ball. Add into the fact Sylla is now banned and he's the only one with any physicality. 

Last year we conceded the second most in the league, and Doc hasn't improved a thing so far apart from up front. Sleepwalking towards a relegation fight. 

4 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

First half an hour we were so dominant and were deservedly ahead. Positives were Larkeche and Billy in particular. Did well today, much better than Portales and Ingram on the right. Not going over the sending off, even if it's for an arm from Sylla it's negated by the fact the killie player initiates the contact, plain and simple. This is where Doc should've learned his lessons from last year. 

Ten men going into the second half and our midfield is down the defensive tackler and he keeps Cameron on. Jesus wept, been said to death since FT but Mulligan should've been on as soon as Sylla left the park. Cameron is stinking but because he can produce the odd good pass or assist like today Doc deems him undroppable. Do me a favour. 

Carson should've been in after Ibrox given that he kept the score down and it wasn't his fault. I like Jon but he's costing us stupid goals, just like the rest of the defence. Have to hope McGhee is back for Fir Park as Portales and Ingram on the right doesn't fill me with confidence. 

Taking Murray and Tiffoney off was an odd one,  even if the subs got a second goal not long after. As soon as Killie got one back they were ineffective as we struggled to put any sort of pressure on them. Just like Motherwell in April. Sitting off and failing to stop crosses. Typical. 

Drop Ingram, McCracken and Cameron and it's at least a step in the right direction.

Also, this back 5 with two strikers is useless against teams that play 343. We've seen it in the derby, their wingers and wing backs tore us apart, St mirren we struggled first half and again today. 

Murray and Tiffoney were both f**ked. Put in a power of work and you could see when Murray was on the touchline after going off he was pecking like Granny Danger after a 100 metre saunter. 

It was the right subs IMO and both replacements done well upfront. This defeat falls at the feet of McCracken unfortunately and you're right, Carson has to come in. If he holds the ball we enter the 86th minute with McCracken in possession and 2 0 up. 

That's probably the most solid we've looked in a back five up until that point aswell (even with 10 men). That last 10 is just incredible. 

Thank you. 

Edited by Dundee-FC92

Can only reiterate what others have said. The keeper needs dropped immediately. That’s 2 games on the trot he’s thrown one in. Carson a definite starter. Likewise not subbing Cameron. He’s totally useless in that situation. 
Billy and Larkeche played really well, Robertson clearly makes a difference too. First half up until the red (really need to see it again, in real time it looked like a foul to us) we were totally dominant, an excellent performance. With 6 to go I allowed myself to believe we were going to do it. Clown, I’ve been going for over 40 years and really should know better. 3 points totally thrown away and another cunto ref.