All things Dundee FC

For the St Johnstone game I would play the exact same team but Sylla in for Fraser. After getting subbed off early he might not be fully fit for Saturday. If he is fit then I would play the exact same lineup as against Motherwell. It would be unfair on both McGhee and Astley if McGhee played. Playing against Sidibeh and Kimpioka on your fist game back isn't ideal. Our squad depth is great at the moment and we have the players to switch formation if we need to. St Johnstone will be a tough game but a win will give us good momentum.

1 hour ago, Luke Newman said:

For the St Johnstone game I would play the exact same team but Sylla in for Fraser. After getting subbed off early he might not be fully fit for Saturday. If he is fit then I would play the exact same lineup as against Motherwell. It would be unfair on both McGhee and Astley if McGhee played. Playing against Sidibeh and Kimpioka on your fist game back isn't ideal. Our squad depth is great at the moment and we have the players to switch formation if we need to. St Johnstone will be a tough game but a win will give us good momentum.

Got to be Sylla in for Fin surely? And I’d hazard a guess that McGhee will be in for Astley too. 

45 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Got to be Sylla in for Fin surely? And I’d hazard a guess that McGhee will be in for Astley too. 

Yeah, 100%. Got to be playing our strongest team regardless and McGhee is our best CH and Sylla is our best midfielder. Not the time to be nice because they had a decent performance in the last match - they're both too important to us to be dropped so in they come for Astley & Fin IMO.

2 hours ago, Luke Newman said:

Sylla for Fin providing that the injury to Fraser isn't serious.

I'm glad Docherty stuck with Koumetio when it would have been easy to drop him and shatter his confidence. Moving him in to that central position of a back 3 with Robertson taking the responsibility left hand side worked wonders. I hope we stick with that back 3 - no need to change a winning formula.

I can see Docherty sticking with the Main/Murray partnership for the foreseeable too. I think that was the two he wanted all along. Main is limited and we can see that he clearly won't get us goals but he does a lot of the physical stuff allowing for Murray to chase on to second balls etc.

We got our just rewards on Saturday. The points tally didn't reflect our performances. We were competitive in every game barr the usual capitulation at Ibrox. 

I can see us going on a decent between now and start of December.

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yeah, 100%. Got to be playing our strongest team regardless and McGhee is our best CH and Sylla is our best midfielder. Not the time to be nice because they had a decent performance in the last match - they're both too important to us to be dropped so in they come for Astley & Fin IMO.

Robertson and Astley could be our best CB and CM if they had a chance. Not saying they would be but it's another way to look at it.

Only watched the Motherwell game on the box but it looked pretty turgid for long spells and on another day we could just as easily conceded as we have in other games through individual errors. We are at home against the Fermers so I would like to see a far more attacking team with a balance of defensive strength so, Larkeche, Roberston, Koumetio, McGhee with Sylla (holding). Tiffoney, Cameron, Fraser with Murray and Seb up top (Seb gives much more energy and pressing than Main). Happy for Mulligan, Main and Vetro to be pre planned subs.

3 hours ago, DieDee said:

Only watched the Motherwell game on the box but it looked pretty turgid for long spells and on another day we could just as easily conceded as we have in other games through individual errors. We are at home against the Fermers so I would like to see a far more attacking team with a balance of defensive strength so, Larkeche, Roberston, Koumetio, McGhee with Sylla (holding). Tiffoney, Cameron, Fraser with Murray and Seb up top (Seb gives much more energy and pressing than Main). Happy for Mulligan, Main and Vetro to be pre planned subs.

I agree with the idea of the different lineup/formation/tactic against other teams. I can see Astley and Robertson keeping their places.

St Johnstone I reckon will be better than a lot of people are expecting. I would keep the back 5 as they’re 3 strikers a threat. We have a large squad and if we need to go attacking then we can. Adewumi, Seb, Mulligan and Vetro can all play on the right wing and offer something different to each other to make an impact off the bench.

We have got great options in each positions. The players that have been left out in recent weeks will still get they’re chance and have game time. 4th-6th should still be the goal with our team of youth and great experience.