All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, RawB93 said:

I almost feel sorry for Hooly,

Did I not read and hear that he was one of the most vocal DABs when it came to gloating during our wilderness years?

If so, f**k him. 

Edited by The Master

Did I not read and hear that he was one of the most vocal DABs when it came to gloating during our wilderness years?
If so, f**k him. 

Yeah it was posted on the match thread, which makes the immortalising of his pain on television ever more pleasing.

Seen on Facebook yesterday that Hartley and O'Dea were at the St Mirren game yesterday. So either they were looking at Loy(highly doubt it), possibly Mallan? Or just checking how shite St Mirren are for next week.

The joy of football summed up in a 20 second video.

f**k your Barca, Real Madrid, Man U, City, OF, Champion's League and every other over hyped team/competition.

That is what it is all about.

Football fans with a sense of entitlement because of the club they follow really won't get it.

They do miss out.

Seen on Facebook yesterday that Hartley and O'Dea were at the St Mirren game yesterday. So either they were looking at Loy(highly doubt it), possibly Mallan? Or just checking how shite St Mirren are for next week.

Probably the latter although I hope Loy bangs them in for st mirren and proves us all wrong shows a bit of fight to be in a top team

Bain, Ferry and Thomson ripping the absolute piss out of Niam Mohammed on Twitter. He was always a weird one, fans on Mad and TDB hated the physio [emoji38] Was he not meant to be highly rated?

15 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

The joy of football summed up in a 20 second video.

f**k your Barca, Real Madrid, Man U, City, OF, Champion's League and every other over hyped team/competition.

That is what it is all about.

Football fans with a sense of entitlement because of the club they follow really won't get it.

They do miss out.

Totally agree.  I love the girl screaming and the eventual spilling of the phone haha

The only scenes even remotely approaching this I can remember since was the third going in against Hearts.   It really is a rare treat.

Any transfer rumors the day ?

So far we've been 'linked' and I put quote marks round that as some of these links are tenuous at best, ie, guy heard on Twitter, to:

Jack Byrne
Andy Considine
Josh Meekings
A random St Johnstone player that's out of contract and isn't Danny Swanson.
Ventislav Hristov
Kevin Brands
Stephen Mallan

Any others I've missed?

Bain, Ferry and Thomson ripping the absolute piss out of Niam Mohammed on Twitter. He was always a weird one, fans on Mad and TDB hated the physio [emoji38] Was he not meant to be highly rated?

From what I remember, Alloa fans were pretty complimentary about him and cited him as the main factor in curing a couple of sicknotes (Young and Holmes I think) on arrival and getting them almost present for two seasons.

We had Thomson, McPake and Ferry as a challenge for him. McPake turned out to be fine mostly but with the other two - they were never quite right. He was, as a result, very strict with small knocks and was pretty insistent about not risking them in any circumstance in the fear of a long term injury. With that friction, it was rumoured that there were some fall outs with players disagreeing and thinking he was too cautious.

With that in mind and having signed some already very injury prone players, he was an easy fan target.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

So far we've been 'linked' and I put quote marks round that as some of these links are tenuous at best, ie, guy heard on Twitter, to:

Jack Byrne
Andy Considine
Josh Meekings
A random St Johnstone player that's out of contract and isn't Danny Swanson.
Ventislav Hristov
Kevin Brands
Stephen Mallan

Any others I've missed?

Ciftci seems to be the other rumor that keeps milling about in the background...

6 hours ago, RawB93 said:

That's inspired me to have a wee read through the match thread again. Superb stuff. What a night.

I almost feel sorry for Hooly, seen him bouncing about DDE the night before and have no doubt he was already feeling 'sensitive', as was I.

I went mental at the equaliser, but when Wighton's winner went in I just burst into tears. Hid my face behind my scarf and just let it all out. I didn't think football could make me feel like that. I'd like to blame the mdma, but truth be told it was just such a perfect climax to not only the game but a chapter in our rivalry.

Stayed behind singing Beautiful Monday until there was only a handful of people in the ground, including Hartley who was back out doing his post match interview. :lol:

Beautiful words.

On the St Johnstone rumour I'm having a wild guess at Mannus who's out of contract in the summer. Bain hasn't seemed the happiest of chappies for a while so I wouldn't be surprised to see him coming in as a straight replacement.

Andy Considine? That's a strange one, he's a regular starter for Aberdeen is he not?

The boy Jack Byrne is meant to be very good so wouldn't mind a little

loan move for him.

I remember the snapping sound when he got injured at dens think he broke his leg

Moreover the following are also free to speak to other clubs as of the start of January:

Nick Ross
Kostadin Gadzhalov
Marcus Haber
Kevin Gomis
David Mitchell
Calvin Colquhoun
Jesse Curran
Matty Allan
Sam Dryden

Probably a few more Youths as is standard but listed the ones that have had high hopes placed on their heads.

I reckon out of that list we will only keep Gadz and Haber. Curran, Dryden and Allan are all 20 now and don't look like breaking into the first team anytime soon despite Curran's odd sporadic appearance. Colquhoun has been nowhere near the first team since he got injured and he's apparently been anonymous for a struggling Stirling team.

Gomis will probably head back to France but has time to still win an offer from ourselves as he's amazing one week then a bombscare the next.

Nick Ross just seems to have fallen out of favour with Hartley for whatever reason. I think now that Vincent is finally coming onto a game, Nick Ross would probably be best served moving on as he's too slight in nature which won't work when our other first choice centre mid is Paul McGowan. That said, I do think Ross is a decent player.

Mitchell probably will get another contract particularly if Bain moves on. Last thing Hartley would probably want is both his keepers leaving. I suppose it depends more on if Mitchell is happy enough sitting on our bench or not.

Moreover the following are also free to speak to other clubs as of the start of January:

Nick Ross
Kostadin Gadzhalov
Marcus Haber
Kevin Gomis
David Mitchell
Calvin Colquhoun
Jesse Curran
Matty Allan
Sam Dryden

Probably a few more Youths as is standard but listed the ones that have had high hopes placed on their heads.

I reckon out of that list we will only keep Gadz and Haber. Curran, Dryden and Allan are all 20 now and don't look like breaking into the first team anytime soon despite Curran's odd sporadic appearance. Colquhoun has been nowhere near the first team since he got injured and he's apparently been anonymous for a struggling Stirling team.

Gomis will probably head back to France but has time to still win an offer from ourselves as he's amazing one week then a bombscare the next.

Nick Ross just seems to have fallen out of favour with Hartley for whatever reason. I think now that Vincent is finally coming onto a game, Nick Ross would probably be best served moving on as he's too slight in nature which won't work when our other first choice centre mid is Paul McGowan. That said, I do think Ross is a decent player.

Mitchell probably will get another contract particularly if Bain moves on. Last thing Hartley would probably want is both his keepers leaving. I suppose it depends more on if Mitchell is happy enough sitting on our bench or not.

Just checked expiring players for other clubs , some mouth watering folk we could have