Celtic vs Aberdeen - 13/09/14

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id expect the girodome to be about a third empty and the crowd to be listed as 50,000

From the tenor of your post I think you meant that the girodome would be 'about a third full' but the ingrained pessimism needed to survive the day-to-day drudgery of life in Dundee has caused you to use the wrong phrase.

We will win this easily. the sleeping giants of Scottish Football" have so far failed to live up to expectations.

3 or 4-1 with standfree mainly commenting on the attendance, difference in budgets and asking people if they were at the game.

Plenty St Mirren threads to choose from today :D

Why would I want to discuss the game with a bunch of thick bhigots like you? Not as if you're even going to go to it :lol:

I like how you got that in early, clearly I've touched a nerve in the past.

If you really want then here are my thoughts: we will lose 3-1 after a close game. Attendance will be about 20k (actual) and you won't be there but will be here to gloat afterwards.

Oh hi Magee. Are you going to the game? Do you still get the bus from Stirling?

There seems to be a pattern developing here ! :rolleyes:

Have a feeling we'll put on a performance similar to the Dundee United game, so fancy us to take 3 or 4 off Aberdeen.

I think the same. We'll turn up against the better teams and show off but then lose points to Dundee, St Mirren etc

I think the same. We'll turn up against the better teams and show off but then lose points to Dundee, St Mirren etc

I think this season will be full of games like that, fantastic one week, gash the next. Things are going to take time before RD gets things sorted.

I hate the way these lesser teams always raise their game against the new firm

:lol:

Standfree has never heard Aberdeen fans sing the famine song Can't think of any, songs about the iIbrox disaster unfortunately, yes Last time being groningen so not exactly a long time ago, peado songs yes, so what. or about Durrant tackle again in Groningen and Riga. I wish we'd leave it in the past but we have some folk who seem incapable and ironicly don't look old enough to have actually been there that day. or seen bad behaviour from the Dandy Dons. You'd have to quantify what is bad behaviour to you. I know that the Cellic fans seem very easily offended

You could just put him on ignore. That's what it's for.

Re standfree, i find that if one person has an issue with you, it's their problem. If a lot of folk have an issue with you then it's probably you that has the problem.

That is my last word on the issue because I'm not getting involved in any slanging match.

Aberdeen fans are strangely silent on the subject of peadophile songs at games v Celtic last year (I was at all the fixtures between the two bar the first game at Pittodrie and I can assure you they were loud and clear) and seem to think that another teams manager having to leave a game after he had coins and spit etc lobbed at him is purely banter, in fact he was probably asking for it by sitting watching a football match.

Of course we have a fair amount of arseholes in our support but Aberdeens support are gradually turning up the cretinous behaviour themselves and the club and support either dont give a shit or stick their fingers in their ears.

Brilliant we have offended Celtic fans!!! Never heard Celtic fans sing any bad songs ha ha. Never mind we have this classic at Ibrox to follow on Saturday

I don't think it's really that any of us are offended, or we are denying that there is a section of our support who sing offensive songs, I think it's more to do with highlighting the double standards of football fans.....all over it when fans of other clubs are up to no good, oddly quiet when it comes to their own support.

Oh how I wish it was Saturday already. :rolleyes:

Aberdeen fans are strangely silent on the subject of peadophile songs at games v Celtic last year (I was at all the fixtures between the two bar the first game at Pittodrie and I can assure you they were loud and clear) and seem to think that another teams manager having to leave a game after he had coins and spit etc lobbed at him is purely banter, in fact he was probably asking for it by sitting watching a football match.

Of course we have a fair amount of arseholes in our support but Aberdeens support are gradually turning up the cretinous behaviour themselves and the club and support either dont give a shit or stick their fingers in their ears.

I seem to remember that the police could find no evidence of any wrongdoing towards Lennon at tynecastle,probably just an attempt to get the Celtic support all worked up for the cup tie the following week.

I did hear with my own ears though disgusting songs about lee rigby at pittodrie by visiting Celtic fans.

Stopped reading after the first page. Having Anderson out for a game like this will definitely be a blow so Taylor will need to be up to the challenge. Slow start to the campaign but that's also been mirrored by Celtic; I'll assume most of their new players will put in some sort of appearance. Could be an edgy affair because of all this. Happy with a draw, obviously.

To be honest if people sang about the glorification of pedophiles, somehow venerating them or adding them to a list of honored people, sellik fans would have a point. As it is, merely pointing out, as a negative you understand, that sellik do not have a fabulous track record for keeping the children in their care safe, through the joyous medium of song is fine.

Having on the section 111 playlist, songs that speak in glowing terms with regards known terrorists and enemies of the state however is unconscionable.

I would also echo the sentiments of Mr Dubford above, that swinecastle nonsense was entirely made up, but don't let that stop you.

Archived